What games are you playing atm? V2

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
paolo12
Cog
207 | 18
The nameless mod for Deus ex 1. Highly recommend for rpg enthusiasts.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
My gf convinced me to try Palworld with her. Im not a pokemansssss guy. I didnt grow up with that, even though i was around when the whole thing exploded back in early 2000s, so you could say i tried it out very begrudgingly.

Yea, its basically a survival game, more brutal than pokemon since you can outright hack them with an axe or a machete or miniguns. Just as the *pokemons" in this game can use miniguns as well. Basically , pokemon in the US. KKona.

They outright stole a lot and i mean a loooooooooooooooot of assets off Nintendo, specifically breath of the wild with the notification pop up sounds and whatnot, and if they dont replace that i have a feel they will definitelybehearingfromNintendolawyersrealsoon.

Again, im not a pokemon kind of guy. So ill just say that from the gameplay (still early access) its something else to play casually without taking itself too seriously.

But hey it keeps my gf busy and not constantly blowing up my phone when im trying to go through my 6th baldur's gate 3 playthrough.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Post=game PoE Affliction

Stats : 10 days played, 103 hours logged in, final build RF + Fire trap chieftain (following pohx pob)

1. I already feel burnout / bored at start of the league
2. Experienced & understood that wisp mechanic is pretty juicy for MF build (my bad pc cant handle the lag)
3. Challenges seem easier, but RNG and annoying for SSF. Not many related the league mechanic itself
4. Stuff i liked : loot pinata from AN rework, memory to unlock maps, gate on atlas passive, atlas keynode
5. Stuff i dislike : wildwood itself, tanky / overtuned mob, ultimatum & sanctum was bad first experience

16 challenges done, just for first set of mtx. I immediately uninstall PoE so i can move on other game.
Only time i will play PoE is after upgrading pc & i will just focus on trading full time next.

Actually, tbh i hate grindy ARPG at this point. I can get dopamine rush more from playing rogue-like game. Each runs is shorter.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Did D4's season 3 season quest chain. Soon as i finished it i uninstalled the game.

Garbage piece of shit season theme, i had low expectations to begin with and they have all been met or underwhelmed them.

On the upside, Last Epoch officially launches out of early access in february, so theres that.
shrimp
Daystar
693 | 14
from epic
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Reading is just for nerds!

You are trapped in the Book of Lore of Faeria, and each page represents a new challenge. Lead your two heroes to victory in this roguelike deckbuilder developed in partnership with Richard Garfield, creator of Magic: The Gathering™. Put together the best synergies between cards, relics and abilities, and take on the Roguebook.

Again, im sucker for roguelike deckbuilder. It make my brain move and the "short" run of each playthrough made you want to do "just 1 more time" every time you win or lose run. My favourite genre nowadays.

The game is something on my mind for a while now, and im lucky to learn that it is part of january humble choice 2024. At the end of the month, i installed and have been playing it every day. The best way to describe the game, it have several strategic layer from map exploration and combat encounter itself. The combat also have unique 2 character in 1 team, with gameplay related to position and who will take damage from enemy. 4 characters itself have its own playstyle, so you have total of 6 different possible combinations lead to fun run.

Compared to many other deckbuilder, i think this is abit on easy side. I blazed through difficulty challenges with ease with couple of runs lost because of RNG bad luck. Because of the way the game design, there are much RNG mitigation, which usually come in from of healing or shops in other game. If you keep playing the same team, most of the time you will get pretty similar playstyles until you get specific build enabler artifact. The controversial part would be the meta progression, which make your character stronger and reward you wil many free stuffs.

I think out of many roguelike deckbuilder out there, this probably one I can recommend to people who never play one. It have just enough strategic depth while still have polished graphic.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League.

Nothing new or surprising here. This "game" is just garbage at its core, another excuse from WB Games to milk the DC Universe with microtransactions on their single player always-online game. The game is uninspirired, plays like dogshit, feels like im playing a ps2 game were it not for the graphics but who even gives a shit about those, even those are still garbage by today's standards. Batman Arkham Knight is a much better Rocksteady game in every possible way than whatever this shit is, and it was released 9 years ago. Let that sink in.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Short review, i just completed Stormgate tutorial (in conjuction with steam nextfes) demo
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2012510/Stormgate/
This RTS was made by veteran from Blizzard (and probably couple other i forgot)

So far my impression:
1. My pc cant handle it, tutorial is 3 player coop. 30 fps all game, stutter since i dunno which region im playing with
2. Seem like they streamlined command, think like gridbase + multiple tabs, with all button near WASD
3. This game is really middle ground from warcraft3 , starcraft and command & conquer
4. Neutral creep seem on minor side (like heroes of the storm), each with unique resource / power up, but a timer
5. Based on limited buttons / grid, seem like each unit only have 1 upgrade so far (unless they introduce new building)
6. Hero seem like have 3 ability, not sure about leveling (since the coop is similar to starcraft2 coop comander, meta progression level)

Stormgate was on my wishlist, but at this point i dunno if im fan of RTS anymore
No longer have skill to play but the tutorial gave kinda overwhelming (can build most of the units)
Perhaps a slower campaign would fit my niche

I uninstalling immediately after that 1 game (probably will only replay once i have better pc)
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Another short review, i havent finished any game atm
But i think i will start into touhou rabbit hole again.
Not a game that im expert with, but a goal of 1cc each game should be achievable.

Cue in Touhou Fanstatic Danmaku Festival Part 2: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1031 ... l_Part_II/
which is pretty cheap fanmade game, reimagining touhou 7 perfect cherry blossom

The game is pretty to look at, but suffer with too many visual clutter that FORCED me to make a mod to reduce intensivity of certain graphic.
Especially with its bright pattern as the develop seem like to put colour saturation and additive shader to max.
Other than that, it supposed to be easy game that you can pretty bomb your way out.
It just the graphic cause issues to my eyes.

Atm, i just download all 19 main touhou with english patch
and probably will play once a while, training to be good enough to able 1cc them all.
Definitely would be nice if able to clear any extra stage as well.

I put 1 screenshot in spoiler to explain what i meant by excessive graphic in the game
► Show Spoiler
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Helldivers 2 with my gf and her cousin in the squad. This game is amazing. A lot of fun.