Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
RandomOnions wrote:You can't use thunderslam with a sword. So no one will ever use swords, so no one will ever use stormblast. Also if you can use blood hatred without being dual wield, no one will even go dual wield. Now it's summoner or yaggai barb, nothing else looks viable on paper.

Whats wrong with having an axe on switch and using it to cast thunderslam? Its no different from how some people played it before anyways, have poison dedicated blade/throwing knife on switch with snake stance just to cast thunderslam, then switch back to main weapon. Just replace the blade/throwing knife with an axe. No different in my opinion, BUT I also never played barbarian to its limits, just 120/basic/medium charms etc. so it may be just a bit wrong?
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2346 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
cnoltz wrote:it may be just a bit wrong?

Only thing wrong here is if you dont start streaming tomorrow.
Sir Legar
Bone Archer
71 | 4
No corpse removal :'(
aerial
Cow Ninja
1288 | 238
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Btw, with bh unlocked for 2h weapons, you still get slower attack speed (slower healing) than dual wield, so there is drawback.
And and for su labrys proc I don't really see problem, you can use it with iceburst or even ancients hand, you still get on attack stormblast, just this time around it won't be double stormblast (main skill + proc), but instead a stormblast clone. Not a huge issue. Back in old version it was even better, as you had two types of damage this way, increased chance to go through heroic shield. In new patch this won't matter though.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
since when did the strongest class get useless all of a sudden if some skills were made weapon dependent ? i kept laughing with tears for a few minutes when i read the bullshit above .

ty for making my day better , that laugh was very welcomed after a hard day at work
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
cnoltz wrote:
Whats wrong with having an axe on switch and using it to cast thunderslam? Its no different from how some people played it before anyways, have poison dedicated blade/throwing knife on switch with snake stance just to cast thunderslam, then switch back to main weapon. Just replace the blade/throwing knife with an axe. No different in my opinion, BUT I also never played barbarian to its limits, just 120/basic/medium charms etc. so it may be just a bit wrong?

The problem is that you will usually want buff weapons on switch side, motw specifically. Another thing is that there are very few useful swords, besides some chaos ladder proc swords, or a personal favorite durandal+qarak for farming, while axes have yaggai and nimmen. There will be no reason what so ever to go with swords now, also if you have a swap for thunderslam you wont have a good damage dealing or proc weapon to use it with, making swords even more inferior imo.

L H wrote:The point behind making barb skills require a certain weapon is that all other class melee skills have required weapons (see assassin claw/nagi tree, necro melee requires scythe/dagger, etc.)

Edit: Thunderman, just cause I'm not a big fan of barbarians doesn't mean they're useless. It's my preference. Plus, I'll likely start the new season as a barbarian just for the reason of me not being too familiar/fond of the playstyle.

yeah but look at the necro skill tree for example, using a scythe you can access all necromancer melee skills, to put it into perspective, imagine not being able to use angel of death with a scythe, that you would have needed a dagger. Would that make sense to you? That's how I feel about barbarians. If marco were to introduce new swords that are usable for these builds (also why was deathgaze buffed but ironspiral remains useless) then I wouldn't mind these changes. But then again, the removal of heroic shields might open up new builds anyway, like summoner. So let's see.

ChuckNoRis wrote:since when did the strongest class get useless all of a sudden if some skills were made weapon dependent ? i kept laughing with tears for a few minutes when i read the bullshit above .

ty for making my day better , that laugh was very welcomed after a hard day at work

Barbarian being the strongest class? Is that why you can walk the game (and all the uber content) using magic items and lumen arcana with a necro while barb needs a decent amount of gear to do so, not saying barb is weak or anything, just putting it into perspective. Also I didn't say barb got useless, I said that stormblast turned useless, but maybe a better way to put it would probably be: It will never be used. Cheers
mxl17
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Hey folks, is there a link to getting mxl launcher to work with plugy 10.00?

Yall said "modify .ini" etc etc
Is there a guide? Or maybe it's obvious and I'm being dumb
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
All this drama makes me wanna play a stormblaster swordsman barb :)
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I was simply expressing my opinion, but it did get a bit long lol. Iso a sword that can compare to yaggai.
DeaTh
Cog
206 | 16
suchbalance wrote:

IV. Tiered Uniques Overhaul

The vast majority of these also suffer from being relics of the past. Especially when it comes to viability a handful of items are vastly superior and the rest - practically unusable. To address this we have gone through them all and:
  • Buffed those which had good stats but poor numbers to make them into strong early game items
  • Tweaked the stats of items which were head and shoulders above the rest (jitan, deadfall etc) to refresh the leveling metagame
  • Added some affixes to items which would previously not spawn on Tiered Uniques
  • Removed two layers of TUs (tier 4 is now max) and rescaled stats appropriately, less crystal grind and smoother progression
  • Replaced many filler TUs with old Sacred Uniques with adjusted stats to provide players with fresh new choices for the start of their character journey

It's still Sigma feature? From