Docs Bugs & Feedback

Game news and forum updates
bigboi
Destroyer
7 | 0
+2 years ago i did this 3 different characters with noproblem.. some how ultimate versio x% fks me
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2341 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
bruh , 18 failed oils are nothing, i spent some 35 on a single gauntlet trying to get it to 2%DR. 30 oils that i had to spend over an hour or so farming griswold, lost in less than a couple of minutes. thats RNGesus being mean.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
@bigboi: just learn some basic math and statistics please. Flipping a coin has a 50% chance to be tails, however flipping two coins doesn't guarantee you'll get a tails, and neither does flipping ten coins. Thanks for the feedback tho.
bigboi
Destroyer
7 | 0
If i flipping coin 100 times, outcome is most likely close to 50/50. With 15%, the change is every 1/10 times i get it guaranteed or the 15% change is a lie. So i want proof this work, proof that this is really 15% or proof that i'm unluckiest guy in the medianxl ever, because i used atm +22 oils >__> feels so good. ah i loving this butthurt feeling..... pls fix
bigboi
Destroyer
7 | 0
1/32 = 3.125% is the real change. i got +1 all skill on that point. please fix it and i try again to get +2.
Food
Core Lord
360 | 32
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Please avoid double posts. Also as Marco said the fact that it only worked once in 32 tries doesn't prove there is a flaw. In fact the oil could have worked all 32 times, or none at all, and it still would prove nothing, although it would provide decent indications.

This aside, if you tried many times with the same amulet then just know that because of the way d2 engine works it won't work. You must either find a new item every time or reroll it
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Median XL Team Member
you're probably a kid who doesn't understand statistics. so just trust us when we say it's normal, it's just random.

THERE'S NO GUARANTEE. if there was a guarantee, everyone would be playing lottery because everyone would win. but most of people don't win, and that's how the lottery companies earn money, they earn money on the people that don't win. if everyone won, the company would be out of business and no one would make lottery games because they aren't profitable. even if you played lottery your whole life, you probably won't get anything (you might, but it's not guaranteed, it's just random).

that's like saying you want a SU to drop out of *every* monster because there's like a 0.05% chance for it to happen. ridiculous.

there's nothing to fix. what has to be fixed is your understanding of statistics and your attitude.

the only thing I can see going wrong is if you're cheating and trying it on the same item all the time, in which case it won't work. If I remember correctly, if it fails on the item, it will always fail, since the chance is rolled with the item, not when you cube.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
bigboi
Destroyer
7 | 0
Well i'm not kid, but when i get mad i turn out to be one. rolling good amulet +30hrs and add blessed oil on to it makes me feel this is unreal. I just want to know why it's 3.125% to me, 5x lower than actually change is. not sounds very legit? does this game even have good luck, or it is good luck to have correct x% what doc say? just delete my messages after this.

Edit: oh is that the case? i rollin just one ammy with renewals. so is this the reason why im so unlucky?
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
there's something I don't understand about diablo players: they will go to great lenghts to explain why a particular uber or challenge is "cancer" but they will do it anyway for hours/days/weeks like they have no choice at all in the matter

if farming special box is such a pain in the ass for you, why are you doing it? just use normal oil of luck and call it a day

edit: when you use oil of renewal the chance to get lucky is reset so you're just unlucky
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Median XL Team Member
as gekko said, if you're rolling it with renewals, then the chance gets rolled again every time. so you get a new chance every time. keep trying or just play the game.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017