Σ 1.5.3 Patch Notes

Game news and forum updates
Ywinel
Pit Knight
108 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I know it's good to make mod more beginner friendly but I'm a bit worried about Cows nerf. I loved this level because of these tons of cows rushing at you at from all the sides. I wish it would be only slight reduction in movement speed and density, otherwise cow level may become boring :c
Bardamu
Gravedigger
183 | 57
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Ywinel wrote:I know it's good to make mod more beginner friendly but I'm a bit worried about Cows nerf. I loved this level because of these tons of cows rushing at you at from all the sides. I wish it would be only slight reduction in movement speed and density, otherwise cow level may become boring :c

Novas were genuinely annoying tho so i am happy they nerfed em a bit.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
first thought about the notes
1. bear stance available for ranged and caster barbs
2. ghal on weapons goes from 15 EF to 45 per rune (x12 for 2x6 socket weapons)
3. bunch of spell oskills buffed
youtube.com/ae1337
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
aerial wrote:first thought about the notes
1. bear stance available for ranged and caster barbs
2. ghal on weapons goes from 15 EF to 45 per rune (x12 for 2x6 socket weapons)
3. bunch of spell oskills buffed

I'm guessing that adds up to you playing a caster barb this season? So... will there be a TL;DR caster barb guide? ;)

Btw Shame they can't find a way to put stances on LMB (something to do with core game engine mechanics iirc?).
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
What are the chances gorestrike (drunk) or whatever it’s called will be worthwhile? Lower hits per second but +180% dmg..

Given that procs have been nerfed to shit, it doesn’t seem like too much of a loss.
Edited by Primarch 4 years.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Captcha wrote:Btw Shame they can't find a way to put stances on LMB (something to do with core game engine mechanics iirc?).

I think the issue with auras on left button is problem with opening door?
As for barb, I don't know, I try play different characters each season, thers whole cycle before you can go back to barb, need play all other classes first.
youtube.com/ae1337
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Primarch wrote:What are the chances gorestrike (drunk) or whatever it’s called will be worthwhile? Lower hits per second but +180% dmg..

Given than profs have been nerfed to shit, it doesn’t seem like too much of a loss.

Don't forget that the next delay was lowered, too. That means that in previous versions you couldn't stack it that well. But now it's likely that attacking with gorefest more than once will increase the damage output considerably, improving the overall damage output more than "only" the 180%. Maybe the next delay reduction will make you end up with the same amount of hits per second, if not more. You just need to attack a few times to make it worth it. I think it'll be a pretty good attack for a small-medium area.
sengaija
Skeleton
3 | 0
Stupid question. Will SP characters, gear and skills convert to 1.5 once its out?
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Looks like patch 1.4.5 to be honest. But hey better than nothing. Lots of good games to play at the moment :)
Changes to early endgame content are nice.

What I would LOVE to see is some rebalance in sacred armor strength requirements. Currently this is a huge hurdle for characters that are moving away from T4/lowRW gear into crafts, sets, early SUs. They replace their strength required 100-200 gear with something that requires 500, even the lightest armor types. This sometimes happens before they get any charms, even beginner ones. This means you need to put in most if not all of your points into an unused attribute (for casters str or dex doesn't do anything).

I would expand the range of sacred armor requirements. Currently they start out at about 450-500 and finish on 650-700 for the heaviest armortypes.
I would lower the entry barrier, make the lower end armors require 200-250 points, whereas the higher end (full plate, ancient plate) require something closer to 1000 points. This means that equipping heaviest armor types would mandate some sort of investment even from endgame level 135 characters.

It's really stupid that we go from being unable to invest in primary attribute (as casters) to "wear everything with 0 strength" at endgame...
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Conquest wrote:Looks like patch 1.4.5 to be honest. But hey better than nothing. Lots of good games to play at the moment :)
Changes to early endgame content are nice.

What I would LOVE to see is some rebalance in sacred armor strength requirements. Currently this is a huge hurdle for characters that are moving away from T4/lowRW gear into crafts, sets, early SUs. They replace their strength required 100-200 gear with something that requires 500, even the lightest armor types. This sometimes happens before they get any charms, even beginner ones. This means you need to put in most if not all of your points into an unused attribute (for casters str or dex doesn't do anything).

I would expand the range of sacred armor requirements. Currently they start out at about 450-500 and finish on 650-700 for the heaviest armortypes.
I would lower the entry barrier, make the lower end armors require 200-250 points, whereas the higher end (full plate, ancient plate) require something closer to 1000 points. This means that equipping heaviest armor types would mandate some sort of investment even from endgame level 135 characters.

It's really stupid that we go from being unable to invest in primary attribute (as casters) to "wear everything with 0 strength" at endgame...

Jewels with -10% to requirements are your friends 8-)