Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
kurs_x5 wrote:Please make set items better or at least more easy to find them

Set items are made to be a middleman between TU's/Honorifics and endgame items for specific builds. Making them more powerful would be counterintuitive. Some are better than others that is true though. Drops are okay to me, for optimal results try Duncraig/Fauztinville. Outside of ubers drop are intended to be lower.
timagine
Imp
5 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
amazing!
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Marco wrote:Barbs mostly didn't stance dance except wolf for ms. If old barb was a piano then it was a shit one, because it was not genuine but rather forced by the "feature" that's locking 1 of your 2 attack buttons permanently. Also "barb was fine" because all of his skills were LMB, obviously. But this change means that any RMB oskill can now be used with stances and opens up a lot of possibly interesting build setups that weren't possible before.

Regarding stance dancing in sam/deimoss, or niche situations where stancedancing is "nerfed", it's a valid complaint, but these scenarios are in the smallest portion of content & playerbase. It makes a lot more sense to balance 1% of the game around the other 99%, rather than vice versa.

I think it’s a good change , i didn’t really complain but people always see negative comments as complaints, now i wonder if it would be possible to keep the new stance mechanic but to apply the buff when swap the skills rather than casting them ?
Berkabus1
Grubber
331 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Hey! All who loved fortess , guess what build Will be much better thanks to changes ? :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
morphed wrote:
Marco wrote:Barbs mostly didn't stance dance except wolf for ms. If old barb was a piano then it was a shit one, because it was not genuine but rather forced by the "feature" that's locking 1 of your 2 attack buttons permanently. Also "barb was fine" because all of his skills were LMB, obviously. But this change means that any RMB oskill can now be used with stances and opens up a lot of possibly interesting build setups that weren't possible before.

Regarding stance dancing in sam/deimoss, or niche situations where stancedancing is "nerfed", it's a valid complaint, but these scenarios are in the smallest portion of content & playerbase. It makes a lot more sense to balance 1% of the game around the other 99%, rather than vice versa.

I think it’s a good change , i didn’t really complain but people always see negative comments as complaints, now i wonder if it would be possible to keep the new stance mechanic but to apply the buff when swap the skills rather than casting them ?

U do understand that would mean stances - aka auras stay as they were? Only auras dont require activation cast for skill to work.. thats the whole point of the change.
Splargh
Grubber
324 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Will the thunder bear be different from the old version?
Shower of Rocks is a painfully slow skill to use for players and summons alike
Deamones
Destroyer
6 | 0
New player here, and I would like to know, at what time will the ladder be online and playable on friday the 9th?

Is there a specific time? Does the maintenance last only 1 or 2 hours?

Will I be able to play it at more or less 20h00 PM (UTC-4:00)

Thanks! looking for answers from players that had experienced multiple ladder resets.
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
smartasss wrote:
morphed wrote:

U do understand that would mean stances - aka auras stay as they were? Only auras dont require activation cast for skill to work.. thats the whole point of the change.

what i meant was if there is a way to manipulate Stances aura to stay for longer and act as a buff , if you look closely ingame stances have a delay of about 0.5 seconds before it dissapears when you swap it to different skill , i’m not sure if diablo engine would allow it but it sounds easy to do that was my question. Also removing cast point/ animation would be an option.
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Deamones wrote:New player here, and I would like to know, at what time will the ladder be online and playable on friday the 9th?

Is there a specific time? Does the maintenance last only 1 or 2 hours?

Will I be able to play it at more or less 20h00 PM (UTC-4:00)

Thanks! looking for answers from players that had experienced multiple ladder resets.

IIrc last two seasons started at 9 pm UTC.
We will know exactly when a countdown is added to the top right corner of the forum website. This is usually done a few days prior to ladder start.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
morphed wrote:
smartasss wrote:
morphed wrote:

what i meant was if there is a way to manipulate Stances aura to stay for longer and act as a buff , if you look closely ingame stances have a delay of about 0.5 seconds before it dissapears when you swap it to different skill , i’m not sure if diablo engine would allow it but it sounds easy to do that was my question. Also removing cast point/ animation would be an option.

We'll see once this new stance system is in place how much potential we have for making stance-dancing become a thing, if it's fun to begin with, and then decide if it's a worthy mechanic for the barb or even some new oskill build. Truth is, barb was generally not balanced around stance dancing, and we'd rather give him raw power than some broken swap or snapshot combo. This patch focuses mostly on druid, but after the stance change, it will be much easier to see what changes, if, the barb requires to become a popular class again.