Σ Goblin Season Patch Notes

Game news and forum updates
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
Hi guys... Like many of you knows, I'm still playing 1.3.2 (Pre Sigma) but I wish test finally SIGMA. If I download 1.8 version, I can kill goblins in single player? Or goblins are present only on internet ladder?

Also, version 2.0 will have a future wipe on 1.8 characters?
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
Gobilns are season only.
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
Immortal2563 wrote:Gobilns are season only.

Thank you for the info... what about the wipe? Any news about that?
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
MUS01 wrote:Thank you for the info... what about the wipe? Any news about that?

1.8 and previous characters will not be compatibile with 2.0, so yes there will be a wipe.
Rusev
Balrog
125 | 6
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Good now sell me tyrael might for 5 tg
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
RequiemLux wrote:

1.8 and previous characters will not be compatibile with 2.0, so yes there will be a wipe.

Incompatible in single player too? So ill need to make new characters and mules? And will it be possible to transfer equipment up to 2.0 with OfflineTools?
Lynderika
Grubber
314 | 160
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Immortal2563 wrote:
RequiemLux wrote:

Incompatible in single player too? So ill need to make new characters and mules? And will it be possible to transfer equipment up to 2.0 with OfflineTools?

Yes you can't do anything with non compatible char, so only new ones will work, hard to say what will happen with offline tool but in the case you transfer something it'll probably corrupt the char or something
What you can do is to create a copy of Median and only update one of them, and keep 1.8 somewhere, 2.0 will still be a fresh start of course, but at least they will not die painfully
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
Thanks for the explanation. New characters and equipment for them not thanks.

Can you tell me what files to copy to stay at 1.8? It was always MXL.mpq, Fog.dll and Sigma.dll. After upgrading from 1.6.1 to 1.8, I saw that it was downloading some small files. Probably those xxx.dll.
blatkill
Core Lord
388 | 32
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
RequiemLux wrote:

Any news from the possibility to download our 1.8 .d2s file from realm ?
Marrt
Djinn
510 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Immortal2563 wrote:Thanks for the explanation. New characters and equipment for them not thanks.

Can you tell me what files to copy to stay at 1.8? It was always MXL.mpq, Fog.dll and Sigma.dll. After upgrading from 1.6.1 to 1.8, I saw that it was downloading some small files. Probably those xxx.dll.

2.0 will be a major version and the last major was sigma's release. Based on the teasers in discord, there will be new content, new skills, etc, so if there's a good time to start fresh and get the regular updates each season, it is now. I can't tell you how to stay at 1.8 though sorry.