[2.0] The Runewords Overhaul

Game news and forum updates
Hiehvorak
Pit Knight
100 | 6
Marco wrote:
Hiehvorak wrote:Btw since the renewal oil is limited to one time use and the base superior roll with lowest socket number, that item will be totally useless then. Making rare drop base item like Gilded Shield or Setzchild a real gamble. Unless there is a way to add extra socket on an already 1-3 socket items.

The oil of renewal will always provide max sockets. I guess it's worth noting this topic doesn't have the complete list of RW changes and is meant to be more of a teaser / behind the scenes so there's context to the changes once the patch is live.

Aah, I'm glad that Renewal will result in max socket
Slickpotato24
Sasquatch
64 | 0
I can't wait. Thanks for this!
HeaT_
Rust Claw
85 | 5
Marco wrote:

Step 2: Making runes less quest-centric

Whether it's Teganze, Fauztinville or Toraja, the current most powerful runes are all locked away in specific rifts. We want the core rune kit to be available in all zones, so you're "always" farming for them - and they are an essential part of the game.

do/will the rifts provide a higher drop rate or is it normalized through all zones?

deterministic farming is pretty nice, in addition to a chance of the rune dropping outside of that zone.

thanks!
kaioken
Prowler
17 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
This is awesome. I can't wait to play again!
Shovelspoon
Pit Knight
106 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I'm psyched to see this. From what I've seen, you guys are:

-Adding Scosglen, basically another whole act.
-Testing shared stash on realm
-Reworking skills, skill trees, and balance for each class
-This Rune overhaul.

If you guys went as deep on the rest of the content like you have to JUST the rune & runeword rework, we're in for a whole new game. And I know there's probably even more changing that we don't know about yet.

I see no reason for anyone to hate on anything going on here, because it looks like we're going to have to relearn a few things. Basic character progression is going to have new options, let alone the endgame. It's too early to make judgments on the content when we haven't experienced it.

I'm excited as hell to jump in when it drops, when I got into Median XL 2008 I had no idea what I was getting into and loved discovering the new dimensions of the game. I can't wait to feel that again.

If you guys can drop a little more info as we get closer that would be greatly appreciated. Little doses of hype are awesome if we can't know when it's coming out.
tunsek
Core Lord
352 | 1
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Хуета опять гавно падать лишнее будет готовьтесь игра на дон больше с каждым патчем как в 1 с пвп никада не будет тут
tunsek
Core Lord
352 | 1
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Нет чтоб заточить игру под пвп они руны выдумывают плохо.Был бы пвп к вам пришло человек 1000
DeaTh
Cog
206 | 16
tunsek wrote:Хуета опять гавно падать лишнее будет готовьтесь игра на дон больше с каждым патчем как в 1 с пвп никада не будет тут

В игре про фарм будет много фарма. Ну правда говно какое-то :mrgreen:
cullocaddd
Vampiress
39 | 0
good good study, day day up
Seikun
Abomination
154 | 8
Bless you! Rerolling base items was already tiring, and jewels are perfectionist's nightmare. Yay to classic runewords, screw jewels!