Game news and forum updates
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
That alone must've taken lots of time. Thank you for that! I'm looking forward to trying it out!
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Holy shit, alright, I was already excited to see what 2.0 would bring but this is amazing.
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HYPED
Fellerd
Thunder Beetle
58 | 11
Awesome changes!Glad to see runewords being more powerful and rune count being reduced.I also felt that there were too many runes,for what they were worth.
igortl
Cultist
23 | 3
That's... really bad imo, I liked how most of the runewords were about deterministic crafting your item, you had to put some work into it, but the more thought and work into jewelcrafting and base making you put, you got rewarded. Now it's the same as LoD runewords, find ( buy ) rng runes and put them into a base, praying to rng-sus to get a good roll so you don't loose value. Also, when it comes to "special" runes, it was fun tunning a starting ( underpowered ) character to specifically farm locations you needed. Now, again, pure rng. Booooring.
LeChatChouette
Thunder Beetle
50 | 1
Promising changes <3
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
igortl wrote:That's... really bad imo, I liked how most of the runewords were about deterministic crafting your item, you had to put some work into it, but the more thought and work into jewelcrafting and base making you put, you got rewarded. Now it's the same as LoD runewords, find ( buy ) rng runes and put them into a base, praying to rng-sus to get a good roll so you don't loose value. Also, when it comes to "special" runes, it was fun tunning a starting ( underpowered ) character to specifically farm locations you needed. Now, again, pure rng. Booooring.

What thought, though? What it takes to get a good runeword is nothing but busy work -- roll jewels over and over again until you get the one or two stats you want, throw a random amount of gold at your base until you get 6os and lucky bonus, if the roll is bad throw some pgems at it. Not exactly the most engaging decision making.

Elemental runes and Fauztinville runes aren't going away - you can see a Taha and a Magic (renamed to Arcane?) in the first item there - so you've still got 2/3 of the target-farming choices. And while Marco didn't mention whether runes can still be downgraded, I'd assume they can, so you can continue to just do what most people do and only pick up the top tier mainline rune (now Xod instead of On).

(and if they can't be downgraded any more, or if only El-Zod can while Ol-Xod can't, that means drops that aren't Xod will actually matter)
demoner
Acid Prince
49 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Only downside I see of losing a good portion of the jewel crafting is the chance to min/max or fill in the gaps of some stats by sneaking them into an runeword. I'll trade new and revamped runewords for this slight loss any day.
ixvid_
Cog
230 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Overall good change, the only downside for me is not able to unsocket a runeword :/ Why not make it a cube receipt like in vanilla?
Lilithian
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
Thank you! <3 oiled hype