Σ 2.0.6 Patch Notes

Game news and forum updates
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I like the general skill progression rule and upgrades to skills as different skills (Grim Dawn style).

The +1 skill / 6 levels and a whole bunch of +max skills from charms was an ancient mechanic, implemented in the earliest versions of this mod in 2006 or 2007. Eventually the amount of max skills from endgame content got ridiculous, to the point of being able to max out 3 skills with your entire skill point pool. While during leveling you often had 40 unspent points available at level 100 and would just dump them all in one go once you brought over your charms.

Also like variety in skill level requirements. Up until now you get new stuff until level 24... and then nothing for a very long time. You get a small power boost at 50, then next new upgrade is all the way at level 90. Some skills scaled giving you new stuff after X hard points, but this was often extremely far away. Hunting Banshee is one awful example that gained new projectile at level 13 and 26. 13 is mid-game already and 26 is attainable only with many charms.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Conquest wrote:I like the general skill progression rule and upgrades to skills as different skills (Grim Dawn style).

The +1 skill / 6 levels and a whole bunch of +max skills from charms was an ancient mechanic, implemented in the earliest versions of this mod in 2006 or 2007. Eventually the amount of max skills from endgame content got ridiculous, to the point of being able to max out 3 skills with your entire skill point pool. While during leveling you often had 40 unspent points available at level 100 and would just dump them all in one go once you brought over your charms.

Also like variety in skill level requirements. Up until now you get new stuff until level 24... and then nothing for a very long time. You get a small power boost at 50, then next new upgrade is all the way at level 90. Some skills scaled giving you new stuff after X hard points, but this was often extremely far away. Hunting Banshee is one awful example that gained new projectile at level 13 and 26. 13 is mid-game already and 26 is attainable only with many charms.

Tbh, I'm not sure how I feel about that change. Maybe I was too amazed by the "over 100 new skills" in the beginning of the patch notes only to then notice that the new skills are mostly just the effects of the old skills split up into 2 or more skills, to really be happy about that change.

The +1 base level per 6 character levels also helped smoothing out mana cost, which now has to be managed by the player himself and calculated into the progression of the placement of your skills points. It also meant you don't need to constantly worry about your skills and can focus on rushing through the content until you finally reach level 90.

And with 25 base levels per skill (which can be upgraded with the mastery to 30) you still only have 3 skills you can max before you run out of skills points if you consider your points in support skills and passives. It likely leaves you with even less skill points in late game and probably allows you to only max 2 skills with 30 points each for some builds.

I like that there are new skills along the way at different levels, but some don't make much sense like Ominous Vigor, a level 40 skill that has only an effect after you spent 30 points in death lord, which is only possible at level 50 at the very earliest since Death Lord already requires level 20 (55 if you actually want to have ominous vigor maxed, 51 if you have done all skill quests in normal) but on top of that requires you to have your mastery unlocked for the extra 5 base levels to 30, which is only possible once you kill baal in hell difficulty. You can still spend your points before that for 0 benefit, but it only makes sense investing in that skill after level 120. So why did they choose to unlock that passive at level 40?

I might have misunderstood that, so if somebody can clear that up for me, please do so.

Another one was Enfilade, which had a cooldown added only for it to be removed by a passive with 5 points. It kinda felt like Rick Astley was singing in the distance when I read the patch notes in these 2 instances tbh.

Imho this whole splitting up of trees feels to me very unfinished, as if there's a lot more the team wants to add to really flesh it out (like adding more things to the passives of the skills) and they "only" managed to finish the basics so far. But I have no idea what they intend or if my assumption is even correct.

The only thing the change of the skill trees add to the game is that you need to plan your skill trees further. That's a good thing in a way, but also a bad thing in another way. So yeah, that's why I can't really tell how I feel about that change. I will have to see how it plays and feels in the game.
Newbking
Sand Maggot
1128 | 5
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Thanks to the devs! this is going to be AWESOME
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ParticuLarry wrote:
Conquest wrote:I like the general skill progression rule and upgrades to skills as different skills (Grim Dawn style).

Tbh, I'm not sure how I feel about that change. Maybe I was too amazed by the "over 100 new skills" in the beginning of the patch notes only to then notice that the new skills are mostly just the effects of the old skills split up into 2 or more skills, to really be happy about that change.

The +1 base level per 6 character levels also helped smoothing out mana cost, which now has to be managed by the player himself and calculated into the progression of the placement of your skills points. It also meant you don't need to constantly worry about your skills and can focus on rushing through the content until you finally reach level 90.

And with 25 base levels per skill (which can be upgraded with the mastery to 30) you still only have 3 skills you can max before you run out of skills points if you consider your points in support skills and passives. It likely leaves you with even less skill points in late game and probably allows you to only max 2 skills with 30 points each for some builds.

I like that there are new skills along the way at different levels, but some don't make much sense like Ominous Vigor, a level 40 skill that has only an effect after you spent 30 points in death lord, which is only possible at level 50 at the very earliest since Death Lord already requires level 20 (55 if you actually want to have ominous vigor maxed, 51 if you have done all skill quests in normal) but on top of that requires you to have your mastery unlocked for the extra 5 base levels to 30, which is only possible once you kill baal in hell difficulty. You can still spend your points before that for 0 benefit, but it only makes sense investing in that skill after level 120. So why did they choose to unlock that passive at level 40?

I might have misunderstood that, so if somebody can clear that up for me, please do so.

Another one was Enfilade, which had a cooldown added only for it to be removed by a passive with 5 points. It kinda felt like Rick Astley was singing in the distance when I read the patch notes in these 2 instances tbh.

Imho this whole splitting up of trees feels to me very unfinished, as if there's a lot more the team wants to add to really flesh it out (like adding more things to the passives of the skills) and they "only" managed to finish the basics so far. But I have no idea what they intend or if my assumption is even correct.

The only thing the change of the skill trees add to the game is that you need to plan your skill trees further. That's a good thing in a way, but also a bad thing in another way. So yeah, that's why I can't really tell how I feel about that change. I will have to see how it plays and feels in the game.

Yeah, the "new skills" were pretty underwhelming. I thought Amazon was getting an overhaul but its just reallocation of specific passives/skill synergies and such. I'm most worried about the paragon nerf and how paragon will be effectively deleted if/when runewords become BiS. Not sure Hammerzon/Spearzon are any more viable than they were before.

That said, I appreciate all the hard work and dedication The MXL team put forth this iteration. Very impressive changes overall <3
Adamcapps08
Invader
8 | 0
Primarch wrote:Yeah, the "new skills" were pretty underwhelming. I thought Amazon was getting an overhaul but its just reallocation of specific passives/skill synergies and such. I'm most worried about the paragon nerf and how paragon will be effectively deleted if/when runewords become BiS.

I was playing an amazon offline and there really isn't a good way to stack survivability on an Amazon besides taking Paragon, and now with that brand new bow runeword having ridiculous damage numbers I wonder if it's better to start stacking survival some other way since losing 20% from the skill AND possibly using that new bow, meaning losing 6 gems (skulls) it might just not be worth taking it anymore.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Countess:
Improved drops from the boss, great chance to drop El rune in normal difficulty

OMG wow ..... amazing
boozek
Son of Lucion
738 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Anonymous: wrote:Countess:
Improved drops from the boss, great chance to drop El rune in normal difficulty

OMG wow ..... amazing

no more runes downgrading El might be the most difficult to get later
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
185 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Can someone clarify for me the meaning of this line:

Only allows the use of melee, buff/debuff and summoning skills. NB: no summons

In the masteries section? Wtf is NB no summons?
Caspersky
Destroyer
6 | 0
ParticuLarry wrote:I like that there are new skills along the way at different levels, but some don't make much sense like Ominous Vigor, a level 40 skill that has only an effect after you spent 30 points in death lord, which is only possible at level 50 at the very earliest since Death Lord already requires level 20 (55 if you actually want to have ominous vigor maxed, 51 if you have done all skill quests in normal) but on top of that requires you to have your mastery unlocked for the extra 5 base levels to 30, which is only possible once you kill baal in hell difficulty. You can still spend your points before that for 0 benefit, but it only makes sense investing in that skill after level 120. So why did they choose to unlock that passive at level 40?

Have same questions to assassins Hades Gate
► Show Spoiler

Hades Gate useless while cooldown is not 0. So I get Hades Gate on 33lvl and foreget about this skill up to 90lvl

Natasha's Legacy runeword has been removed and is now a craftable Unique Item
What does it mean? How can I craft it?
Edited by Caspersky 2 years.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
CorralTheTroops wrote:Can someone clarify for me the meaning of this line:

Only allows the use of melee, buff/debuff and summoning skills. NB: no summons

In the masteries section? Wtf is NB no summons?

NB = "nota bene"

just means "take note"

of course, the patch notes are wrong there - should be "only allows the use of melee, buff/debuff, and quest skills" (and no summons)