Game news and forum updates
SilentCarl
Lava Lord
99 | 8
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
The most obvious drawback of Hunting Banshee is that it greatly tests angles. If your casting angle is correct, then your damage is maximized. This is very similar to the previous Buckshot, which requires constantly searching for angles to maximize damage. Why not fix this? This is the biggest problem with ice dru
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
SilentCarl wrote:The most obvious drawback of Hunting Banshee is that it greatly tests angles. If your casting angle is correct, then your damage is maximized. This is very similar to the previous Buckshot, which requires constantly searching for angles to maximize damage. Why not fix this? This is the biggest problem with ice dru

you say this like it wouldn't require a complete rewrite of the way diablo 2 handles missile positions
SilentCarl
Lava Lord
99 | 8
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Siosilvar wrote:
SilentCarl wrote:The most obvious drawback of Hunting Banshee is that it greatly tests angles. If your casting angle is correct, then your damage is maximized. This is very similar to the previous Buckshot, which requires constantly searching for angles to maximize damage. Why not fix this? This is the biggest problem with ice dru

you say this like it wouldn't require a complete rewrite of the way diablo 2 handles missile positions

I really don't understand programming. If I understood, I wouldn't say that.
This build has always been in a major disadvantage, so it's better to rework it directly.
Every new season greatly weakens the builds from the previous season, and there are too few builds to play. Can players be retained?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
SilentCarl wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:

I really don't understand programming. If I understood, I wouldn't say that.
This build has always been in a major disadvantage, so it's better to rework it directly.
Every new season greatly weakens the builds from the previous season, and there are too few builds to play. Can players be retained?

lol
yin5555
Fallen
1 | 0
:D :D :D :D :D :D
SilentCarl
Lava Lord
99 | 8
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Can I add a feature to the dim key (6 totems)?
6 totem rewards: Void Armor; Add UMO random synthesis or SACRED UNIQUES random synthesis to create a new SACRED UNIQUES feature. (Three identical UMOs or three identical SACRED UNIQUES)
For example: SU * 3=Random su;
Sssu * 3=Random sssu;
Explorer's Globe * 3=Random umo
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
SilentCarl wrote:Can I add a feature to the dim key (6 totems)?
6 totem rewards: Void Armor; Add UMO random synthesis or SACRED UNIQUES random synthesis to create a new SACRED UNIQUES feature. (Three identical UMOs or three identical SACRED UNIQUES)
Sssu * 3=Random sssu;

If we were going to add this it sure as hell wouldn't be locked behind Deimoss 100%.
TheLastDragon
Onyx Knight
647 | 3
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Siosilvar wrote:
Sssu * 3=Random sssu;

If we were going to add this it sure as hell wouldn't be locked behind Deimoss 100%.

I think what he's saying is that the reward given for such a difficult quest does not correspond to the level of difficulty of this challenge. A character who does 100% Deimos does not need this bonus and can easily complete the quest with Nithogur without it. And then he outlined his options for what this useless bonus (void armor) could be replaced with.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
TheLastDragon wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:
Sssu * 3=Random sssu;

I think what he's saying is that the reward given for such a difficult quest does not correspond to the level of difficulty of this challenge. A character who does 100% Deimos does not need this bonus and can easily complete the quest with Nithogur without it. And then he outlined his options for what this useless bonus (void armor) could be replaced with.

And it's an idea that shouldn't be placed as a Deimoss reward. Item rerolls help players get to the higher echelons of content, it doesn't make any sense as a reward for someone who's already either farmed or bought their way into being able to tackle the hardest fight in the game. At that level of content we should be looking more at things that make it easier to roll new characters like the Essence of Time, because if you can clear Deimoss 100% your character is pretty much finished.

In light of that, I can think of a particularly popular item from 1.8 that might be appropriate... shame there's no way to make it account bound, but it's an idea. :think:
TheLastDragon
Onyx Knight
647 | 3
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Siosilvar wrote:
TheLastDragon wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:
Sssu * 3=Random sssu;

And it's an idea that shouldn't be placed as a Deimoss reward. Item rerolls help players get to the higher echelons of content, it doesn't make any sense as a reward for someone who's already either farmed or bought their way into being able to tackle the hardest fight in the game. At that level of content we should be looking more at things that make it easier to roll new characters like the Essence of Time, because if you can clear Deimoss 100% your character is pretty much finished.

In light of that, I can think of a particularly popular item from 1.8 that might be appropriate... shame there's no way to make it account bound, but it's an idea. :think:

"the hardest fight in the game" - what battle do you mean, Nithogur?