Ascension Ladder: S1

Game news and forum updates
direkenz
Prowler
18 | 0
any advice how to make my connection now lag or delay, i am from phillippines, I can play well on ladder even is I want too.
AGsniper
Sasquatch
65 | 3
Having a seemingly endless supply of tg to get whatever gear you want in softcore, or people that borrow stuff to you, does not make you the goat.

Hot take. You wanna judge a median goat? Create a scoring system for HC SSF.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
AGsniper wrote:Having a seemingly endless supply of tg to get whatever gear you want in softcore, or people that borrow stuff to you, does not make you the goat.

maybe you should take a look at ascension ladder then because the top spots are HC players and aren't even using TG :lol:

regarding "p2w ladder" arguments in this topic, out of the TOP20 there is probably not a single person that bought tg - they earned it in previous seasons by ... you guessed it, playing the game

that said, we pretty much agree a SSF ladder is a good idea. Turns out its easier to implement than we thought, therefore we are already working on it.
AGsniper
Sasquatch
65 | 3
Marco wrote:
AGsniper wrote:Having a seemingly endless supply of tg to get whatever gear you want in softcore, or people that borrow stuff to you, does not make you the goat.

maybe you should take a look at ascension ladder then because the top spots are HC players and aren't even using TG :lol:

regarding "p2w ladder" arguments in this topic, out of the TOP20 there is probably not a single person that bought tg - they earned it in previous seasons by ... you guessed it, playing the game

that said, we pretty much agree a SSF ladder is a good idea. Turns out its easier to implement than we thought, therefore we are already working on it.

Hell yeah!
midknight
Pit Knight
106 | 59
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Marco wrote:

Thats because there are like 5 players that can get past 130 :D on season start. So there is no competition for any class.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
midknight wrote:
Marco wrote:

Thats because there are like 5 players that can get past 130 :D on season start. So there is no competition for any class.

We ran score system thru whole 2.5 season too and results weren't very different, but feel free to check back in a few months.

I was mostly responding to the people implying "p2w" will trump "HC SSF" in the rankings which is clearly not happening. TG or not, economy is still a thing, friends will still be an advantage, time availability is an advantage, its obvious such table doesn't 100% accurately reflect player skills but I guess it needed to be clarified
midknight
Pit Knight
106 | 59
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Its impossible to compete with the likes of Maart and the three man team of ryo, silentcarl,pkmost. But when you see the gear of the no1 melee sorc on day 2 with a fully gear build, laz trophy awakened sleep plus laz trophy on a median book,all trophyed build etc. These people will always outbid you on any auction for the best items since they have so much wealth from previous ladders(They know once they have sam, deimoss and nithogur on farm they can easily make back any investment). I helped encino get the no1 150 supplying him some t10 labstones plus helped him with some other stuff early on. 1-135 early ladder definitely requires skills or teamwork but after that its just how much wealth you have from previous ladder. When they say "p2w" more accurately they mean previous wealth from past ladders.
midknight
Pit Knight
106 | 59
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Hc scoring system doesnt really work because there is no real competiton, if you are the only druid main you will get all the kills like impsy, elementling on sorc etc. I tried to play legit this ladder with minimal tg investment then i gave up half way through and used tg to get relevant upgrades once u outgear the content labs are trivialised.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
midknight wrote:Hc scoring system doesnt really work because there is no real competiton, if you are the only druid main you will get all the kills like impsy, elementling on sorc etc. I tried to play legit this ladder with minimal tg investment then i gave up half way through and used tg to get relevant upgrades once u outgear the content labs are trivialised.

sounds a bit like "i didnt win so the system is flawed"

what's your case to say that current hc scores arent fair or accurate? nothing prevented you from going druid/sorc main. Also, the scores in the leaderboard aren't static, i.e. scores for "most kills" are already assigned but they can change, you can see who is at the top, which places they have scores for "most kills" and take them away. those points are most likely going to fluctuate as the season matures

there is less competition in HC in terms of people but the content itself is more competitive. I.e. it's a lot harder to do 100% with a char compared to SC (not just deathless, but also lack of community/trading support), so it would make sense that people who manage to kill even deimoss in hc will be reflected in top3 or even top1. but we are always open for suggestions to make hc<>sc scoring better balanced
midknight
Pit Knight
106 | 59
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Nah i was just doing it for a bit of fun this season, (I knew it was not possible to compete with them post 140 transition anyway) and I was helping Aahz with the ascension system before it was released. I was curious to see how potentially a new player on Median can compete with the top dogs and is it a level playing field? The thing is the top players with numerous experience post 140 transition will still be the best but I just think the advantaged gained by tg right now is a bit too much. Even without tg the top players are still the best ofc, I personally think its a bit weird when player are having completely decked out character day 2 only possible with tg. I think the only way Encino managed to remain competitive because of the other players he knew and traded.

I was just more curious about the competitive edge of median just for interest so i limited my tg spending to around a few hundred tg on ladder start at first. Then after i tried the tg gaming :D. The difference was insane. I usually speed run Median on HC on previous season and I have stay at the top easily in previous seasons but overall people help each other with stuff so its not really that competitive anyway. For example I mentioned this to Aahz last season, Giu was the second fastest player on bowazon last season but because Lynderika is the best player at speed running in Median Giu's effort are not noticeable pre 125 mark.(Any player wanting to gain point( first kills) would be at a serious disadvantage if they are playing the same class as lynderika even if that player was amazing). I personally think some kind of overall ranking system rather than a class ranking system would be indicative of the best players on HC median. Something like a formula one system where the top 10 players get points based on their effort not classed ranked especially for Hc where player base for each class is too small. First killsgive a lot of points so getting all the first kills from one class is a ton of points.

This was the top 15 players tg spending from last season 2.5 for the season start last season first few weeks i think, its giving some players a huge competitive edge right now Image