Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I was curious to see how potentially a new player on Median can compete with the top dogs and is it a level playing field? The thing is the top players with numerous experience post 140 transition will still be the best but I just think the advantaged gained by tg right now is a bit too much. Even without tg the top players are still the best ofc, I personally think its a bit weird when player are having completely decked out character day 2 only possible with tg. I think the only way Encino managed to remain competitive because of the other players he knew and traded.

Thing is, without TG you only shift the issue towards more heavy group-play influence, it's not really fixed. Without both, you'd have a SSF ladder, which we already plan on adding for a leveled playing field. I don't think "new players" will realistically be able to compete in either scenario to be honest.

I personally think some kind of overall ranking system rather than a class ranking system would be indicative of the best players on HC median.

It would be cool, but we purposefully didn't include a "global ranking" so that no class is favored in getting points (all classes are allocated same available points) and to further reward meta. It also prevents first killers from double-dipping many points, it's the same reason we didn't include pre-120 dungeons, they would all most likely be done by the same person (first to 100).
midknight
Pit Knight
106 | 59
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Yeah sure i understand the issues i dont think tg can easily solved and yeah it will favor group play. It also supports the server and median as well which is a good thing. The ssf ladder is a really cool idea i was suggesting aahz to create one before in the hc chat. Yeah realistically new players wont be able to compete but some kind of alternative scoreboard for newer players or players with less experience might be cool just so other people can compete with each other.

The thing was from my previous post on A comparison of how builds function in Median XL from 1-130. Player skill and knowledge actually is the overwhelming factor imo rather than meta builds and most of these player will probably choose the optimal meta build anyway. It kind of weird that last season even though bowa was overtuned giu was miles faster than anyone else yet he barely got any points for early game compared to everyone else. Giu is a top speed runner anyway if he had chosen any other class he would have got a ton more points.

Last season 1-125 these were the times. These players will probably always be top whatever meta shift there is since the fastest players always do a lot of meta strategy anyway respecing early game etc.

Lynd 5:34 Bow
Giu 7:01 Bow
Usling 8:35 Warlock
rollsroyce 9:11 Bow
burbs 9:28 Throw
Zion23 9:23 Warlock
Anca 9:37 HC Melee sorc
Maart 9:39 Warlock
BobSlop 9:41 Bow
Rolex 9:45 Warlock
Grief 9:59 Bowazon
this was 1-125 times
Pel
Core Lord
362 | 10
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
midknight wrote:Nah i was just doing it for a bit of fun this season, (I knew it was not possible to compete with them post 140 transition anyway) and I was helping Aahz with the ascension system before it was released. I was curious to see how potentially a new player on Median can compete with the top dogs and is it a level playing field? The thing is the top players with numerous experience post 140 transition will still be the best but I just think the advantaged gained by tg right now is a bit too much. Even without tg the top players are still the best ofc, I personally think its a bit weird when player are having completely decked out character day 2 only possible with tg. I think the only way Encino managed to remain competitive because of the other players he knew and traded.

The only way for a "New player" to compete with the top players is to copy the best build and play 24/7 to farm the TG for trades or to donate and get the TG needed so he could copy set build. But still skill is hard to be measured in an RPG that's focused on farming over and over.
Bearded_DooD
Pit Knight
112 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Pel wrote:
midknight wrote:Nah i was just doing it for a bit of fun this season, (I knew it was not possible to compete with them post 140 transition anyway) and I was helping Aahz with the ascension system before it was released. I was curious to see how potentially a new player on Median can compete with the top dogs and is it a level playing field? The thing is the top players with numerous experience post 140 transition will still be the best but I just think the advantaged gained by tg right now is a bit too much. Even without tg the top players are still the best ofc, I personally think its a bit weird when player are having completely decked out character day 2 only possible with tg. I think the only way Encino managed to remain competitive because of the other players he knew and traded.

The only way for a "New player" to compete with the top players is to copy the best build and play 24/7 to farm the TG for trades or to donate and get the TG needed so he could copy set build. But still skill is hard to be measured in an RPG that's focused on farming over and over.

Im sorry but i dont even think that NEW players should be able to compete against pro players. Even with unlimited TG what they will missing is an experience and/or skill to be able to do what best of the best players are doing. It can be disheartening to some, but hey...we are not here to give a prize for attendance :)
midknight
Pit Knight
106 | 59
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
I am a new player on Sc. :-D .Just looking at how much tg i had traded this ladder i spent 600tg pre 147. Then i decided to go full unethical tg mode after buying the golden cycle and spent in total of 2141tg. I earned 6898tg in the process. Any good arpg player who is a new player could do it easily since there is very little skill to level to 150 u just outgear the content. However bossing 135 definitely requires skill and the fights are really good. It just requires a huge tg sink at the start. I was the 7th to get to 150 this ladder.
Bearded_DooD
Pit Knight
112 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
midknight wrote:I am a new player on Sc. :-D .Just looking at how much tg i had traded this ladder i spent 600tg pre 147. Then i decided to go full unethical tg mode after buying the golden cycle and spent in total of 2141tg. I earned 6898tg in the process. Any good arpg player who is a new player could do it easily since there is very little skill to level to 150 u just outgear the content. However bossing 135 definitely requires skill and the fights are really good. It just requires a huge tg sink at the start. I was the 7th to get to 150 this ladder.

Congratz mate :)

Lets say one of my favourite things to do at this forum is archived threads xD, there are a lot of people here who believe their skill is higher than it is (i guess its only me who miss Brad) xD
midknight
Pit Knight
106 | 59
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
I would love to see a ssf hc and sc ascension ladder i believe that really does require a ton of skill and knowledge. Curious to see how builds genuinely perform. I loved some of the changes this ladder though for trophy farming and the sleep changes were great.
Giu
Core Lord
392 | 61
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Wish there was way to sort by playtime, i remember seeing some people with 18hrs/day after 5-7 days.
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
Bearded_DooD wrote:
midknight wrote:I am a new player on Sc. :-D .Just looking at how much tg i had traded this ladder i spent 600tg pre 147. Then i decided to go full unethical tg mode after buying the golden cycle and spent in total of 2141tg. I earned 6898tg in the process. Any good arpg player who is a new player could do it easily since there is very little skill to level to 150 u just outgear the content. However bossing 135 definitely requires skill and the fights are really good. It just requires a huge tg sink at the start. I was the 7th to get to 150 this ladder.

Lets say one of my favourite things to do at this forum is archived threads xD, there are a lot of people here who believe their skill is higher than it is (i guess its only me who miss Brad) xD

About skill. I played median over decade and never attempted laz because i hate it. I tried it yesterday with my elemental vitality barb (azurewrath+arkane valor) and he fucked me in my tiny ass in a few seconds after i tried tu go away from him
Bearded_DooD
Pit Knight
112 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Bliyadolubov wrote:
Bearded_DooD wrote:

About skill. I played median over decade and never attempted laz because i hate it. I tried it yesterday with my elemental vitality barb (azurewrath+arkane valor) and he fucked me in my tiny ass in a few seconds after i tried tu go away from him

Well yeah xD I play this mod for a long time too, but it not mean im a "genius" there is still shit lot to learn, but there are people who are born with this. I would like to tell u guys a small anecdote about such thing ....

There is a small game called Final Fantasy 14. In FF14 there is a tower that people usually run as a test how good they are in jumping puzzles. There were a guy who made it in under 40 seconds than disappeared from the scene for like 5 years.(usual run for a newbie takes from 15minutes to ..never) Than one of the FF streamers/youtubers beat his record. But the happines was short lived because a legend back from the slumber minutes after video was posted and he easly beat this Youtuber record and than without word he just disappeared again. (apparently he was an speedruning legend who either still hold or was holding top 1 in some mario game and ocarina of time one before he disappear) ..... long story short, u either born genius or u can grind the shit out what u love to became one xD