Horadric Mage
1073 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I think I will do fire sorc in 2.7 if that skill is really removed with min cooldown and keeps the same low energy requirement as in 2.6...That will be crazy! Hype!
Oh, and also tree morph's rework seems cool. But I played treewarden barb in 2.6 with throw passives, no plan to play it again in 2.7.
SilentSin
Cultist
23 | 3
YRYSKYN wrote:
SilentSin wrote:
YRYSKYN wrote:I wish melee necro was reworked a bit. Maybe replace Angle of Death jump with a blink-hit, in case there is a need to keep the current set of skills (which are meh).

There are already a bunch of blink strike skills though. Angel of Death is cool because it's so unique. I'd much rather see Carnage replaced with something a bit more interesting. Maybe something that charges up with each attack to turn Angel of Death into a super strong attack you actually want to use instead of just an awkward buff to keep up.

The problem I have with AOD is that it is very slow, you loose momentum when farming/moving through pack of enemies unlike cold sorc for example or others. The way I saw people were using it to make it any good is jumping to the closes pixel in order to gain the buff.

I agree that's a problem, but I'd rather see the build given tools to compensate for that weakness instead of just discarding its uniqueness.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
"Mooncall no longer restricts users to melee, helping enable funky new ranged weapon damage builds"

This pretty much just enables hybrid caster/melee playstyle, right? The skill still has a significant weapon restriction so "ranged WDM" would still not really be possible.
luciano_96369
Sasquatch
61 | 3
I like many of this changes, but I don't like taken away Hurricane from the Druid.I think it's a good idea to give more cold damage abilities to the seer branch, personally I would have created a cold equivalent of Stormcall and Apocalypse.
It would also give Hunting Banshee an enhancement ability, an equivalent of Blast Radius for Magic Missiles to improve its range radius.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1073 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Semigloss wrote:"Mooncall no longer restricts users to melee, helping enable funky new ranged weapon damage builds"

This pretty much just enables hybrid caster/melee playstyle, right? The skill still has a significant weapon restriction so "ranged WDM" would still not really be possible.

No weapon limit. But the % max life on it was moved to baneblade, so mooncall will be of no use to caster sorc in 2.7.
dant121
Acid Prince
45 | 1
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
cnlnjzfjb wrote:No weapon limit. But the % max life on it was moved to baneblade, so mooncall will be of no use to caster sorc in 2.7.

this is a nerf cold sorc, was she really that strong?
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1073 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
dant121 wrote:
cnlnjzfjb wrote:No weapon limit. But the % max life on it was moved to baneblade, so mooncall will be of no use to caster sorc in 2.7.

this is a nerf cold sorc, was she really that strong?

Cold sorc is strong, she is just not popular in recent patches, ppl prefer meta builds.
Yep, that is a nerf for cold sorc, but the + life on attack was also moved to mooncall from baneblade, which is a buff for cold sorc. So, less hp for more sustain in return. I think it is overall a bit nerf for cold sorc.
dant121
Acid Prince
45 | 1
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Well, it turns out that already strong builds are improved, and weaker ones are nerfed, an interesting balance

a meta build that kills everything, but let’s improve qol?

It’s not a meta build, but only a few people play with them, let’s nerf them and don’t play with them at all.

perfect balance :D
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1073 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Not sure, hard to say. I just follow the meta.