Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Assurbanapli wrote:Hi,

I think it's time for you dev guys to start focus on adding more new content to the game.

All of your updates are almost the same.
I am watching the same skill, item, etc stats rolling from one to another, them being removed to give back the next update, and so on over and over and over again.

I get that you are trying to balance stuff but basically you cannot. There will never be a perfect balance between characters/builds. One will always be better than another.
You never played video games?

We need more REAL new content, and less rolling the same stuff around.

Thank you in advance!

I will thank you for contributing your volunteer labor to the project as soon as you're able.

Until then, we'll be polishing what we have... and working on 3.0, if you've been paying literally any attention at all to what we've been talking about outside of patch notes. Who are you to demand things from the dev team if you're not even involved in the community enough to know what we're working on in the background? :roll:
QIQICYQ
Prowler
18 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
This is a great update that you even don't need too many new things since those guys even can't reach 140 and experience 95% of the game.
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
TLDR: I appreciate devs work, but I think there's more to be expected from content updates, as they should be targeted at 130+ where the main game takes place. Ascendant riftwalker, scosglen, sescheron and nithogur have been the good additions to the game since 2.0. Revamping early game ubers is also a good idea, but stop wasting time on introducing new meaningless early game ubers with free stats (mirror temple, inquisitor of the triune, greater riftwalker, heroic butcher/death projector/infernal machine). The gaps to be filled are lvl 130-140 rift, lvl 145+ rift, and 130+ ubers. I hope there's plans for some of these in 3.0.

Siosilvar wrote:
Assurbanapli wrote:Hi,

I think it's time for you dev guys to start focus on adding more new content to the game.

All of your updates are almost the same.
I am watching the same skill, item, etc stats rolling from one to another, them being removed to give back the next update, and so on over and over and over again.

I get that you are trying to balance stuff but basically you cannot. There will never be a perfect balance between characters/builds. One will always be better than another.
You never played video games?

We need more REAL new content, and less rolling the same stuff around.

Thank you in advance!

I will thank you for contributing your volunteer labor to the project as soon as you're able.

Until then, we'll be polishing what we have... and working on 3.0, if you've been paying literally any attention at all to what we've been talking about outside of patch notes. Who are you to demand things from the dev team if you're not even involved in the community enough to know what we're working on in the background? :roll:

Complaints about content updates are adequate up to certain extent. There have been good additions to the game since 2.0, but only end-game bosses or areas have made impact on the game - ascendant riftwalker, scosglen, sescheron, nithogur. Revamping early game uber quests is also a good idea. But the rest of the added bosses (including heroic 105 bosses) pose no challenge and are simply free stat upgrades, and this is a waste of dev time that is better spent on something that actually contributes to the game. Just open the uber quests docs and look at the number of quests in the 105-120 range and compare that to the number of end-game dungeons.

Dungeons in the range 105-120 are a free pick for most builds and you keep adding heroic 105 bosses which are more free stats. The new heroic infernal machine will give +15 resistances which is a free big lab upgrade and gives more value than a baal trophy, where is the reasoning? By adding more free flat elemental and max resistances (and stats in general) with each patch you just keep making the mid-game and end-game easier, while they are already easy.

Who does even care about inquisitor of triune, greater riftwalker or heroic butcher/death projector/infernal machine? At the point that you obtain the required enchanted runes for these heroic bosses, you can already beat them with no problems. Compare that to heroic 120 bosses that would require at least lvl 140, good gear and possibly multiple attempts to complete. I think that heroic bosses should not upgrade existing charms, since charms like azmodan, kabraxis and cfm already provide a lot of stats. Instead, charms could initially drop with lower rolls (e.g. kabraxis would roll up to +2 max res) and the heroic upgrade would re-add these stats (e.g. heroic kabraxis would add +1 max res). We also need more zones in the range 125-140, where fauzt is a primary zone for leveling, as alternatives have poor enemy density. I believe that heroic rifts of sunless sea, k3k, ta and dunc could fill that role.
suchbalance
Team Member
1758 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
New later endgame content + overhauling how the endgame works (will be non-linear) is one of the main features of the next Median XL iteration (after sigma).

This will also include tweaks to the earlier quests so they are more in-line with how strong builds have become, an overhaul of charm stats so they fit the new progression and a more organic implementation of the heroic dungeons.

We are currently in the planning phase so there isn't concrete info we can share with the community. But once the development process begins in earnest you can expect frequent posts from the team on the goals and features.
Shadra
Destroyer
6 | 1
Anathema back in business! And oh those life regen :flip: :flip:
LetsGetNasty
Vampiress
36 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Clear mind sounds very cool!
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I guess I'm still confused on what the Devs had in mind for the Sorc Mooncall change? Like what is this supposed to enable really? Because if you take any other skill or passive in the melee tree (Determination, Primordial Might, or Fusillade) you are still locked out of ranged/spells. What I'm understanding right now is this basically just allows a normal caster build to additionally spec into Mooncall, which provides them literally zero benefit now with max life removed.

Am I just not understand this right?
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Semigloss wrote:I guess I'm still confused on what the Devs had in mind for the Sorc Mooncall change? Like what is this supposed to enable really? Because if you take any other skill or passive in the melee tree (Determination, Primordial Might, or Fusillade) you are still locked out of ranged/spells. What I'm understanding right now is this basically just allows a normal caster build to additionally spec into Mooncall, which provides them literally zero benefit now with max life removed.

Am I just not understand this right?

It literally said it was meant for some meme bow/xbow build not casters.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
But Mooncall still has a weapon restriction to staff/orb/sword? I've seen no mention of that going away. And again my point still holds, you can literally only take Mooncall and Bladestorm before you get locked out again.

I'm not complaining, just trying to understand the intent here.

And btw it did not say that. It said "funky new ranged builds" which is still unclear.
luciano_96369
Sasquatch
61 | 3
I just updated and when I tried to start the game its stuck in a black screen