Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
cnlnjzfjb wrote:Talking about all these, it reminds me of the build 2h melee nec with bear morph worldstone in 1.4 version (Or 1.3 version? Sry if Im wrong, cause it has been so long). Ofc it was before the bear morph reworked and we all knew it was op. But I didnt think it was that bad or broke the game's balance much at that time. I was totally fine with it. Why? Bear morph worldstone dropped so rarely at that time!!! If a worldstone/relic costs u more than 2k tg or equal time investment, then ur build with it should be good, right? In other words, if havoc sorc in 2.8 needs 1.5k+ tg or equal time investment to be as good/op as in 2.7, then Im totally fine with it staying op in 2.8. It is like if u have Tyrael's Might whether u farmed or bought, ur build is supposed to be good since u invested a lot equally.

In short, Im not against op build/op stuffs/op relics, what Im against is easy op builds/relics with low investment like havoc did in 2.7. And Im seeing this trend in the coming 2.8. If one invests enough in his build, then he deserves the power.

In general the cost of builds have come down a lot anyway. For me the only balancing point now for op builds are challenging bossers
later dungeons feature unique obstacles
so hopefully they spiced this content up :mrgreen:. Startled witches in some 130+ content would be fun :D.
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
It will be the same thing with the goblin season, like the last time ? After 1.8 and goblins we got 2.0.... So this time 3.0 after the goblins ?
Newbking
Sand Maggot
1129 | 5
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Inno86 wrote:Amazing!! Unfortunately not sure ik able to play during Xmas, but I will definitely try and join in later! :)) thanks Devs!!!

Totally agree with this.
Thank you so much to the devs for all your work, we all appreciate it very much! Merry xmas!
Kinda wish it was going to start on the 10th. The closer we get to xmas, the harder it will be to get on here and play as much as I'd like to
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1078 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
midknight wrote:In general the cost of builds have come down a lot anyway. For me the only balancing point now for op builds are challenging bossers

Yep, that is same in some ways with the point that some ppl say the game becomes more and more easy and fast food.

Im already seeing op builds based on those new relics coming with 2.8. And I feel sry for those ppl who would not play those op builds in 2.8 and say:"Oh shit, what the hell am I just been playing? My build is just as bad as shit compared to his!" when they see others' 2.8 showcase posts/vids :lol:

No doubt 2.8 will be a short-life unbalanced ladder with many op builds. 2-4 weeks game broken, ladder dead, market dead, ppl afk. But tbh, since it will be a short, entertaining ladder before 3.0, I guess it is fine and acceptable?

So my only hope for 2.8 now is: better not be a long & boring season, and we can get directly into 3.0 without 2.9. Personally I dont want to see another 6 months ladder as 1.8, long and boring...Hope 2.8 is a short ladder right before 3.0.
Giu
Core Lord
392 | 61
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
midknight wrote:In general the cost of builds have come down a lot anyway. For me the only balancing point now for op builds are challenging bossers

Yep, that is same in some ways with the point that some ppl say the game becomes more and more easy and fast food.

Im already seeing op builds based on those new relics coming with 2.8. And I feel sry for those ppl who would not play those op builds in 2.8 and say:"Oh shit, what the hell am I just been playing? My build is just as bad as shit compared to his!" when they see others' 2.8 showcase posts/vids :lol:

No doubt 2.8 will be a short-life unbalanced ladder with many op builds. 2-4 weeks game broken, ladder dead, market dead, ppl afk. But tbh, since it will be a short, entertaining ladder before 3.0, I guess it is fine and acceptable?

So my only hope for 2.8 now is: better not be a long & boring season, and we can get directly into 3.0 without 2.9. Personally I dont want to see another 6 months ladder as 1.8, long and boring...Hope 2.8 is a short ladder right before 3.0.

The relics haven't even been disclosed yet, don't get too excited about superbeast, sov or rc relics existing.
King77
Stone Warrior
32 | 6
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Bring back duncraig run that only drops like 1 set or 1 su per run like the good ole days! Reduce all drop rates by 60% across the board
Inno86
Balrog
138 | 11
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
King77 wrote:Bring back duncraig run that only drops like 1 set or 1 su per run like the good ole days! Reduce all drop rates by 60% across the board

No thanks
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1078 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Giu wrote:
cnlnjzfjb wrote:

The relics haven't even been disclosed yet, don't get too excited about superbeast, sov or rc relics existing.

Yep, I agree. And I do hope u r right. But forgive me for lacking faith in devs' balance work of new relics in new ladder, seeing so many unbalanced meta builds ladder by ladder, seeing the relic abuse in 1.8 leading to make the game fast food and 1.8 ladder a joke.

And Im really not against op relics like superbeast, SoV,....as long as they drop rarely enough in 2.8, which I highly doubt.