Σ 2.8.0 Announced

Game news and forum updates
Mr_Bill
Designated Troll
87 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Observations (so far) :

-- Rate at which Goblins spawn is much higher than in previous patches (this is a very good thing).

-- Having the "guest monsters" from other areas is interesting, and it does make the game less predictable, however it also means that (for example) the difficulty curve is quite a bit steeper than for previous patches (a newbie player could easily get killed in early Act 1 Normal if they didn't know how to play and how to do gear selection).

-- Thankfully, haven't run into those !#$*^%#& Startled Witches yet (and hope never to do so) (does anybody know when and where they appear?)

-- I noticed that a few of my characters (particularly their mercs) did not meet the level requirements to use some pieces of their gear (for example I had an A2 Exemplar who was using a T4 version of the Sea Summoner trident, he was fine with it at Level 106 in the last patch, but now for some reason its required level has increased to 108 which means he can't use it until he levels up some more. Was this intentional or is it a bug?

--(Additional) I noticed that at least for the UHM build, somebody in the dev shop has a sense of humor in that "Scourges" are now renamed "Lawyers" (with a nice comment about how they are going to sue you over "copyright"), but they simply don't appear when you cast them (yet... the icon for them is white, not red as you would expect for a skill that is for whatever reason unusable). This particular UHM Paladin has picked Melee Devotion but if this in fact disallows the use of summoned minions it would be preferable for the game notes somewhere to specify so (and what other things do the same). (EDIT) : Realized that the Melee Devotion "Mastery" skill disables summons. I miss the days when we had "LOLsummons"...

-- Continuing on from the 2.7 patch, I noticed that some of my Druids have inherited the "Armageddon" skill, even though they have not put any points at all into the pre-requisite skill trees that you would have to fill out (at least 1 point in each pre-requisite skill) to be able to take "Armageddon". This is probably because the characters pre-dated that patch and the game code had to make a decision as to what happened with their skill point deployments when the structure of a given skill tree changed substantially... but is this kind of outcome really what the devs intended?

More to come as I get used to the patch...
juniperleafes
Sasquatch
62 | 1
Zaurox wrote:Nope playing melee sorc, 6k hp 250k defense and 75 resistances and I'm getting melted

Seems tuned the same as always. Did him at 115 with just T4 items. Kill the minions first before going back to Baal, and feel free to keep an inventory and belt full of healing potions. Also you can TP in after death as many times as you need *shrug*

Also noticed AR is an issue early on, I had my weapon slotted with 6 P Amethysts and chance to hit is still low on even-leveled mobs, you could just be missing a lot
HeaT_
Rust Claw
83 | 5
Zaurox wrote:Hell Baal seems horribly overtuned right now... Also his minions are almost tougher than himself. He's also spawning multiple visions aswell as smaller minion buffers at the same time completely overwhelming you, not sure if this is bugged or not.

honestly, i'm not really sure how people are doing him at lvl115 in HC or ssfhc. maybe they are skipping that reward threshold atm.
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
CaoBao wrote:
Zaurox wrote:Hell Baal seems horribly overtuned right now... Also his minions are almost tougher than himself. He's also spawning multiple visions aswell as smaller minion buffers at the same time completely overwhelming you, not sure if this is bugged or not.

Feels a bit harder than doing him at lvl 125.Took me 12 mins with several visions spawned,I had all 110 charms and decent gear(bloodzon).He spawned so many adds because of SoV I guess,did you use any summons for the fight?

How damn you challenge Baal at 115? I'm ending act Hell and I'm already on lvl 106. Act 2 and Act 3 are long acts, that means plenty xp... I feel that for the moment I reach Baal I would be 120, lol. If you challenge some ubers xp would skyrocket. So, people, how you do it? I feel it's imposible get him at lvl 115.
OverSky
Pit Knight
101 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
MUS01 wrote:
CaoBao wrote:

Feels a bit harder than doing him at lvl 125.Took me 12 mins with several visions spawned,I had all 110 charms and decent gear(bloodzon).He spawned so many adds because of SoV I guess,did you use any summons for the fight?

How damn you challenge Baal at 115? I'm ending act Hell and I'm already on lvl 106. Act 2 and Act 3 are long acts, that means plenty xp... I feel that for the moment I reach Baal I would be 120, lol. If you challenge some ubers xp would skyrocket. So, people, how you do it? I feel it's imposible get him at lvl 115.

Just play, you're over estimating it. I start a2 at 105 so my pace is roughly the same as you. And I killed baal at 113.
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
OverSky wrote:
MUS01 wrote:
CaoBao wrote:

Just play, you're over estimating it. I start a2 at 105 so my pace is roughly the same as you. And I killed baal at 113.

T you... I was not sure about the xp gain this patch.... I was a long time that I don't leveled up a fresh character.... do you got some charms before the fight? Like Butcher and Infernal Machine?
OverSky
Pit Knight
101 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
MUS01 wrote:
OverSky wrote:
MUS01 wrote:
CaoBao wrote:

T you... I was not sure about the xp gain this patch.... I was a long time that I don't leveled up a fresh character.... do you got some charms before the fight? Like Butcher and Infernal Machine?

Yes. I even did a whole level in Sunless Sea for a good roll charm and some gold, still got plenty of room before Baal.
harrisonwaw
Fallen
1 | 0
Happy to witness this! Excellent understanding and the level of detail distributed is incredible!
Thanks all of you!
Hubix
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
When new season begins?
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
645 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hubix wrote:When new season begins?

Beta testing already ongoing.