Screenshot Modding Thread

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Inertia
Abomination
141 | 72
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
Pinball wrote:I love the new merc look. Also it would be better if they have same item of the "look". Exp: The merc with staff can use staff:D

Yeah that's actually what I liked the most with the new merc graphics. There are a lot of unique things about them like the crossbow merc and the girl second from the right that has 2 attacks in her animation. I'm sure this would require code editing to implement though and I have no idea what plans are for sigma in regards to mercenaries. Also, there's no guarantee anything you see here will be used in sigma at all.
Food
Core Lord
360 | 32
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
I have a bit of (hopefully constructive) criticism. Some of the graphics (like the second merc from the right) look too "crowded" and it's not easy to tell what is what, supposedly because they have been downscaled (don't think that's solvable). It's probably just the fact that they're static images while they're supposed to be animated.

Also some of the graphics looks "pixely" (again, second merc from the right is the best example I think). Maybe apply some kind of downscaling / antialiasing "filter", especially around the rougher edges? Or an "additional pass" if you already apply those filters.

Well it depends on how it looks animated / in game I guess, I trust you know what you are doing much better then me; again I was just trying to be constructive so if I just spat out a bunch of bullshit please feel free to ignore me :P
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
@Inertia: Sick! :D maybe post all the models on PK? so other people can use them? :)

@Food: it's probably because they'er from higher resolution games. maybe applying a slight blur over them would make them look like D2 stuff
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Food
Core Lord
360 | 32
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Quirinus wrote:@Food: it's probably because they'er from higher resolution games. maybe applying a slight blur over them would make them look like D2 stuff

That's what I was trying to say, thanks for putting the right words in for me :oops:
Inertia
Abomination
141 | 72
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Contribution Badge
Food wrote:I have a bit of (hopefully constructive) criticism. Some of the graphics (like the second merc from the right) look too "crowded" and it's not easy to tell what is what, supposedly because they have been downscaled (don't think that's solvable). It's probably just the fact that they're static images while they're supposed to be animated.

Also some of the graphics looks "pixely" (again, second merc from the right is the best example I think). Maybe apply some kind of downscaling / antialiasing "filter", especially around the rougher edges? Or an "additional pass" if you already apply those filters.

Well it depends on how it looks animated / in game I guess, I trust you know what you are doing much better then me; again I was just trying to be constructive so if I just spat out a bunch of bullshit please feel free to ignore me :P

Well, afaik anti aliasing will result in problems iirc due to the fact that the images are made into gifs which are very limited. I think the main issue is that the texture is a recolored version of the original. Here is the original monster version of that same enemy in-game:
Don't mind the animation speeds, I didn't bother setting them. They're also using a different run animation to the final version of the monster.
Edited by Inertia 8 years.
Inertia
Abomination
141 | 72
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Contribution Badge
Inertia wrote:
Food wrote:I have a bit of (hopefully constructive) criticism. Some of the graphics (like the second merc from the right) look too "crowded" and it's not easy to tell what is what, supposedly because they have been downscaled (don't think that's solvable). It's probably just the fact that they're static images while they're supposed to be animated.

Well, afaik anti aliasing will result in problems iirc due to the fact that the images are made into gifs which are very limited. I think the main issue is that the texture is a recolored version of the original. Here is the original monster version of that same enemy in-game:
Don't mind the animation speeds, I didn't bother setting them. They're also using a different run animation to the final version of the monster.

EDIT: fuck me I used the quote post instead of the edit post. :-8 :-8 Why can't I delete this one? :-8 :-8
Food
Core Lord
360 | 32
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Well, disregard everything I said then. They look GREAT in game, awesome job :D
sincrowly
Core Lord
366 | 14
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
awesome new models!
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
This is great work!
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.
ori
Gravedigger
191 | 40
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
time to shine, later on i'll add entry to my modmaking jounrey thread