Cog
241 | 29
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I wanted to play something fast and ranged build and I heard Scorpion bladed assassin is pretty good, so I want to try it.
But the problem is, I have no clue how to build around it.

I thought SB is just spell, but tool tip says it has WDM.
If so, should I use high DPS weapon and use LL/ML? or ignore that part and just scale Energy/EF/Spell dmg/Poison stuff?

And about skills.
I think I have to sMAX Scorpion blade,Perfect being,Tilting form,Prismatic cloak.
and put some points into APF-20, Blink, and Beacon.
Want to ask if it's right plan or not.

And the last, what should I aim for gear/stats/survivability?
I think 0 def without LL gonna makes me hard to survive at 120+ zones.

I know my questions are extensive, but any little tip would help me a lot!
Dandy
Vampiress
38 | 1
I can't asnwer everything but:

If SB is your focus, you should definitely go for "caster" stats. Your weapon damage (except the poisonous part of it which will scale nicely (read https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/poison and look for " active poison damage ")) is mostly irrelevant.

Max Maelstrom until you feel it gives enough coverage to SB for your taste. Put points in it early, then stop when you want.
I don't know if Tiefling will work. As in: I really don't know. If it works nicely, it's great ! If it nukes you for 50K, it's porbably a bad idea.

For survivability, well... You either go the "expansive, grindy and long" way and try to find ethereal and + total character defense gear to try and get decent defenses... Or you just embrace the glass canon and go full offense.
In both cases, Blink will be critical to your success. I suggest putting it at 2 seconds cd or below.

There is a hidden synergy between Twin Fang Strike and shadow refuge. Each base point in TFS grants the SR buff +3 (or 6)% poison spell damage. I personnaly don't recommend it, but you should know it's there.
matdoo
Cog
241 | 29
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Dandy wrote:I can't asnwer everything but:

If SB is your focus, you should definitely go for "caster" stats. Your weapon damage (except the poisonous part of it which will scale nicely (read https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/poison and look for " active poison damage ")) is mostly irrelevant.

Max Maelstrom until you feel it gives enough coverage to SB for your taste. Put points in it early, then stop when you want.
I don't know if Tiefling will work. As in: I really don't know. If it works nicely, it's great ! If it nukes you for 50K, it's porbably a bad idea.

For survivability, well... You either go the "expansive, grindy and long" way and try to find ethereal and + total character defense gear to try and get decent defenses... Or you just embrace the glass canon and go full offense.
In both cases, Blink will be critical to your success. I suggest putting it at 2 seconds cd or below.

There is a hidden synergy between Twin Fang Strike and shadow refuge. Each base point in TFS grants the SR buff +3 (or 6)% poison spell damage. I personnaly don't recommend it, but you should know it's there.

Thanks for clarification!

I'm leveling with Shuriken now cuz SB seems not that great at early level. gonna repec at start of hell maybe.
Hope it will get better :D
rngbeast
Vampiress
39 | 0
Hey, I have played Scorpion Blade in the last season. Skillplan was smax scorpion blade, way of the spider, perfect being, 15-20 into APF to reach 6-7 knives. 1 point into wychwind is great single target choice. The rest can go into whatever you wish, prismatic cloak as defensive option or way of the phoenix if you have some fire pierce. My advice is do not go tiefling form, damage from ways is too important. I played full energy glasscannon until I had enough abandoned shrines to craft dex gear then respeced into maxblock. Still the build relies on range and mobility so dont expect to facetank anything. Main focus is poison pierce, poison spell damage, on striking gear is also very nice boost to dps. If you reach actual late game gear everything starts melting really fast. For some hard ubers I respeced into limpet laser to get the charms.

Check out this thread if you need some gearing tips, I found a lot of useful info there, page 4-5 has some good examples. viewtopic.php?f=49&t=2748
matdoo
Cog
241 | 29
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
rngbeast wrote:Hey, I have played Scorpion Blade in the last season. Skillplan was smax scorpion blade, way of the spider, perfect being, 15-20 into APF to reach 6-7 knives. 1 point into wychwind is great single target choice. The rest can go into whatever you wish, prismatic cloak as defensive option or way of the phoenix if you have some fire pierce. My advice is do not go tiefling form, damage from ways is too important. I played full energy glasscannon until I had enough abandoned shrines to craft dex gear then respeced into maxblock. Still the build relies on range and mobility so dont expect to facetank anything. Main focus is poison pierce, poison spell damage, on striking gear is also very nice boost to dps. If you reach actual late game gear everything starts melting really fast. For some hard ubers I respeced into limpet laser to get the charms.

Check out this thread if you need some gearing tips, I found a lot of useful info there, page 4-5 has some good examples. viewtopic.php?f=49&t=2748

I think I figure out why Scorpion blade was so bad. I didn't sMAX way of the spider :s

I thought just relying on poison clowd is only source of dmg, but I guess that's wrong right?

I heard limpet is bad in sigma so I'm not sure if I can do hard ubers.

Even though, I really like this shoot and run style. Want to push it as much as I can :D

Really appreciate for your answer!