Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
PlayerOne wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:copy-paste from my neutraldin guide

-> The Seal of Frost (first seal on the left ) -> Spirit of Frost : requires Cold damage to be destroyed -> get an amulet with Hailstorm oskill or any other source of cold spell you can find (Winter Avatar is also very easy to access from TU Addertongue / Deathgaze from TU Brainhack)

I managed to do 3 totems (I think I can do the lightning one with the Long Staff Flash oskill) but I got stuck on the cold one. All the suggested skills above are melee/throw and as a xbow necro I die fast when I melee. I can't find a caster cold oskill - any suggestions would be welcome.

I tried getting items to add flat cold damage to widowmaker but I can't seem to get enough (albrechts, Toorcs fist and... the hat, forget the name). The totem thing always gets another minion out before I can kill it and heals up.
Crash
Madawc
6801 | 329
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Orr wrote:Does anyone know if the grizzly secret warp blade still exist in the game?

if it's not in the docs, it's not. most of the secret items became SSSU, doesn;t look like that one made it.
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
ChuckNoRis wrote:
PlayerOne wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:copy-paste from my neutraldin guide

-> The Seal of Frost (first seal on the left ) -> Spirit of Frost : requires Cold damage to be destroyed -> get an amulet with Hailstorm oskill or any other source of cold spell you can find (Winter Avatar is also very easy to access from TU Addertongue / Deathgaze from TU Brainhack)

I managed to do 3 totems (I think I can do the lightning one with the Long Staff Flash oskill) but I got stuck on the cold one. All the suggested skills above are melee/throw and as a xbow necro I die fast when I melee. I can't find a caster cold oskill - any suggestions would be welcome.

I tried getting items to add flat cold damage to widowmaker but I can't seem to get enough (albrechts, Toorcs fist and... the hat, forget the name). The totem thing always gets another minion out before I can kill it and heals up.

Apologies, I meant to say that I tried that as well - the problem is Hailstorm seems to need to target an enemy for it to fire and it's slow to arrive (and I need to keep moving or the minions kill me) so it's difficult to get them all killed even running in circles to try to keep them in the hail.

I do get them all dead occasionally but still not able to kill the totem thing before it gets off more minions and heals up.
mortimer_85
Djinn
522 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
PlayerOne wrote:...

I do get them all dead occasionally but still not able to kill the totem thing before it gets off more minions and heals up.

Then craft a Staff with Avalanche oskill. You have to get used to aim with that skill but its damage with out delay and you can spam it without targeting a mob.
Edre69
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
Hey,

How should i get gear early on? I'm at hell act 2, level 105 cold/poison sorc. My gear is pretty much just magic/rare stuff. My killing speed is a joke. Any advice would be a big help.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
and what did you do with the uniques and the arcane shards you found so far ?
Edre69
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
I disenchanted the uniques. With the shards i tried to craft unique items, but never really got what i needed. And i got like total of 30 uniques. Oh and i tried upgrading the tiers on my current gear. Didn't help that much.
Crash
Madawc
6801 | 329
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
what do you mean you "tried to craft tu's but didnt get what you needed"?

there's only one TU per item type. How did you not get the one you wanted? The only thing that changes is the tier of the item from 1-4. To uptier, use 1 arcane crystal + rune + TU item and it will spit out the next tier of the same unique with higher rerolled stats for that new tier up to the 4th as maximum.
Edre69
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
Oh, thank you. I don't know
I tried to craft a unique caster gauntlet but i got some attack rating ones lol. So i should farm crystals and get tu's? What about honorific gear? Sorry, i just started a few days ago, im still new to this game
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
Edre69 wrote:I disenchanted the uniques. With the shards i tried to craft unique items, but never really got what i needed. And i got like total of 30 uniques. Oh and i tried upgrading the tiers on my current gear. Didn't help that much.

To craft tiered unique items (known as TUs) you will always know what you are getting because you either:

1. Start with a 'base' of the unique you want, such as Heavy Gloves to make
Toorc's Gift
Toorc's Gift
Chain Gloves (4)

Defense: (26 - 30) to (47 - 54)
Required Level: 5
Required Strength: 28
Item Level: 10
2% Chance to cast level 1 Glacial Nova on Melee Attack
5% Attack Speed
Stun Attack
+(12 to 29)% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +(11 to 15)%
Socketed (1)
Defense: (155 - 172) to (211 - 234)
Required Level: 22
Required Strength: 57
Item Level: 31
3% Chance to cast level 2 Glacial Nova on Melee Attack
15% Attack Speed
Adds (11 to 15)-(16 to 25) Cold Damage
Stun Attack
+(47 to 63)% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +(21 to 25)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (434 - 472) to (573 - 624)
Required Level: 40
Required Strength: 201
Item Level: 51
4% Chance to cast level 3 Glacial Nova on Melee Attack
25% Attack Speed
Adds (36 to 45)-(46 to 63) Cold Damage
Stun Attack
+(81 to 97)% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +(31 to 35)%
Socketed (3)
Defense: (657 - 710) to (859 - 928)
Required Level: 48
Required Strength: 402
Item Level: 77
5% Chance to cast level 3 Glacial Nova on Melee Attack
30% Attack Speed
Adds (81 to 100)-(101 to 125) Cold Damage
Stun Attack
+(98 to 114)% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +(36 to 40)%
Socketed (4)
. Or...

2. Upgrade an existing TU.

List of TUs here: https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/tiereduniques
Cube recipes here (shows the upgrade recipes): https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/cube

Make sure you are using the UNIQUE uptier recipe (the one with the rune) or you won't get the full set of stats.

So you should never get a TU that you 'don't want' because you will always know what you are making.

NOTE: To get shards, run Nilathak in normal - he always drops 3 uniques and normal will be fast and easy.
You can get to him via the Halls of Pain waypoint or if you don''t have it, go through Anya's red portal. On the way down, get the WP on level 2. That way you can get lots of shards/crystals and some runes and make the uniques you want.