Best summoner class?

Discuss Median XL!
Kda89
Prowler
17 | 0
Pinball wrote:
Kda89 wrote:
Pinball wrote:Since when werebear is a summoner?

wellll. I was looking around on guides for new players and he caught my eye haha. I can't find a guide for the totem necro :shock:

Totemnecro was a trend but all ppl already quit because it sucks later. But i'm here still play it because i want to go different from other ppl.

Necro is best summoner class for sure. But better you go totem for early then reset to hawk for charms and abyss/jinn build later.

Okay. I'll try the summons out! This guide I found has it maxing the First skeletons and hawks, not any other summons really that I see
Kda89
Prowler
17 | 0
Oh also.. Is there a shared inventory? :O
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
602 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Other possible options (non-typical) could be sorc using ice elementals and blade spirits, and pally using hoplites/scourge/resurrect. Haven't played either but maybe someone here can comment on their effectiveness.
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Necro i guess. Historically THE summoner class.

Acid fiends suck. They drop like flies to anything that farts in their general direction. They have 17k HP each on level 108 (and bunch of summoning stats on gear, not much available at this stage tho), their damage is kinda bad, plague avatar and the merc does most.

Necro has access to some powerful minion bonus gear even early on. And iron golem from TU Hexblade gives you a cheap Demon Blood Aura (the other source of it is Khazra Plate on merc, incredibly difficult to obtain if you play SP ssf)
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I reached Baal in nightmare with a absolutely naked summoning amazon and a naked merc .....
Penguincha
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Semigloss wrote:Other possible options (non-typical) could be sorc using ice elementals and blade spirits, and pally using hoplites/scourge/resurrect. Haven't played either but maybe someone here can comment on their effectiveness.

I've recently picked a ressurect/hybrid (1 point ress with summon gear on the side) build very recently and it is quite good pre-125. The Best Resses I found are Rakkis Guards, Forest Keepers, and the ranged Possessed Cultists (especially the 120 ones in the cave). Forest Keepers are the second best tanks in the game, maybe the best. Rakkis Guardsmen are pretty versatile in damage and survivability, and the Possessed Cultists have excellent mob clear. After 125 you just need a good other hybrid part to do the great gems and heavily damage bosses, which I learned the hard way.
Kda89
Prowler
17 | 0
Penguincha wrote:
Semigloss wrote:Other possible options (non-typical) could be sorc using ice elementals and blade spirits, and pally using hoplites/scourge/resurrect. Haven't played either but maybe someone here can comment on their effectiveness.

I've recently picked a ressurect/hybrid (1 point ress with summon gear on the side) build very recently and it is quite good pre-125. The Best Resses I found are Rakkis Guards, Forest Keepers, and the ranged Possessed Cultists (especially the 120 ones in the cave). Forest Keepers are the second best tanks in the game, maybe the best. Rakkis Guardsmen are pretty versatile in damage and survivability, and the Possessed Cultists have excellent mob clear. After 125 you just need a good other hybrid part to do the great gems and heavily damage bosses, which I learned the hard way.

Not going to lie. I don't know what any of this means.. Lol I understand The Res spell I think but all the mobs and stuff I havn't even seen yet. I never liked revive on D2 cause it had a duration so they'd just die out of nowere..