Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
domen89
Cultist
20 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
what statistics does the sword of samael have (in the current wersion)?
silicondream
Lava Lord
95 | 22
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Your answer is vague my friend and I will help you. For me there are actually two
(1) - to monster defence per hit
(2) chance to open wounds
and like O.O.A proc and HB skill on your favourite weapon they also are a wonderful combo
domen89
Cultist
20 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
silicondream wrote:Your answer is vague my friend and I will help you. For me there are actually two
(1) - to monster defence per hit
(2) chance to open wounds
and like O.O.A proc and HB skill on your favourite weapon they also are a wonderful combo

It still has 7% avoid damage?
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi everyone,
I'm new to median XL. At first I thougth it would a pleasant, nostalgic journey, but it turns out to be a very addictive game. Fantastic communauty as well.
A few questions regarding mercs :
- With my caster druid, I hired a A2 morph merc. Gave him some equipment, but now I can't unequip him. Bug ? Or did I miss something?
- Also, I can't find any weapon for him, the is always red whatever the required level, but maybe I havn't tried everything (mauls ?)
Thanks !
suchbalance
Team Member
1759 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Philby wrote:Hi everyone,
I'm new to median XL. At first I thougth it would a pleasant, nostalgic journey, but it turns out to be a very addictive game. Fantastic communauty as well.
A few questions regarding mercs :
- With my caster druid, I hired a A2 morph merc. Gave him some equipment, but now I can't unequip him. Bug ? Or did I miss something?
- Also, I can't find any weapon for him, the is always red whatever the required level, but maybe I havn't tried everything (mauls ?)
Thanks !

Try bringing him to town and then removing his equipped item from the slot first, before giving him a new one. Act 2 mercs can only equip spears and javelins as weapons.
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
It worked, thanks.
I have a few more questions :
- About poison damage. I'm following the caster druid guide, but I can't understand why it's important to get a high % of fcr, as you could spam 5 avatars in 1 sec on a mob, the poison damage wouldn't stack (if I got it right)
- About item requirements. The leap from T3 to T4 seems huge. I have like 65 in dex and 135 in str at lvl 90, but if I want to uptier my gear to T4, I won't even make it with the 150 points I'll have gathered at lvl 120 : Dubhdroiacht needs 126 dex and Queen of glass 380 str. I've read there are charms but that's a lot of charms. Does it mean I have to reset my stats to meet the reqs ?
- And subsequent questions : does a caster build with tanks need all that defense rate from T4 armor anyway ?

Thanks for your answers !
mortimer_85
Djinn
522 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Philby wrote:It worked, thanks.
I have a few more questions :
- About poison damage. I'm following the caster druid guide, but I can't understand why it's important to get a high % of fcr, as you could spam 5 avatars in 1 sec on a mob, the poison damage wouldn't stack (if I got it right)
- About item requirements. The leap from T3 to T4 seems huge. I have like 65 in dex and 135 in str at lvl 90, but if I want to uptier my gear to T4, I won't even make it with the 150 points I'll have gathered at lvl 120 : Dubhdroiacht needs 126 dex and Queen of glass 380 str. I've read there are charms but that's a lot of charms. Does it mean I have to reset my stats to meet the reqs ?
- And subsequent questions : does a caster build with tanks need all that defense rate from T4 armor anyway ?

Thanks for your answers !

You want high cast rate for several reasons:
- Spam your main Spell into the area faster, summon your fiends faster, TP away faster, open Town Portal Faster but you are right, spamming the same poison spell on one mob only gives you one additional Poison damage tick per cast. For SIngle Target it is recommended to use RoF anyways...
- yeah the T3 to T4 gap is huge. You can cover that by using Honorific Boots and MOing the low req pieces (Boots, Gloves, Belt) with dex and str before you MO ene and psd. Maybe you are lucky and can even find -req jewels you can put into the gear pieces.
- if you can kill fast and kite some stuff Druid Casters do not need that high defense before entering Dunc....
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
602 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
With the 600 stat points you'll have by 120 you shouldn't have any trouble wearing all T4 gear. Just keep all your strength gear at T3 for most of the way, it won't make a big difference leveling.
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thanks guys, it's perfectly clear now.
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
There used to be 6 tiers of tiered gear, i believe they got rid of tier 3 and 5. So what remains is tier 1,2,4 and 6.
It was agreed that six tiers are too many, 4 is much better. But the stat requirements remained where they are, T4 gear is basically T6 from median 2017 and below.

What does suck for casters is that those gear pieces require strength and dexterity, and none of those stats provide any benefit for a typical caster build. It's rather messy system where at first you have most of your points in STR/DEX, and after getting the charms you have 0 points in those stats & can finally stack your main stat such as energy.

I'd rather have caster gear require Energy or mana, but i don't think this can be done.