Discuss Median XL!
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
illusion wrote:how total damage for wdm chars is calculated?
like if i have x-y damage weapon
and a-b elemental damages from passives and items
and dmg buffs like bloodlust and motw (lets say +k% damage)
and +u% dmg to undead (assuming im attacking undead monsters)

how do i calculate my final dmg?

(weapon base damage * enhanced damage (%ED) * sum of all sources of %EWD (stats, skills, mystic orbs, bloodlust, motw, dmg to undead etc...) + adds x-y damage from items and skills * sum of all sources of %EWD)
* skill weapon damage modifier * 2 (if deadly/critical strike) * possible -res = physical damage
+ elemental damage * skill weapon damage modifier * possible -res
+ doom, TTAD

==

((base * ed * ewd + flat phys * ewd) * wdm * 2 (if ds/cs) * -res) + flat ele * wdm * -res + doom/TTAD

Well technically -res is calculated when you hit your opponent, but for purposes of calculating total damage done it's included.
illusion
Gravedigger
188 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
thanks for the detailed explanation :)
Crash
Madawc
6801 | 329
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
So.. I totally thought I just created an awesome build in my head, but just tested it and it doesn't work.

If you can morph with an axe into a treewarden, then switch to a valkyrie's prime and use sky siege, why cant I do the same with tantrum? Shouldn't they both be blocked out of the tree warden's melee/summon/buff/debuff only?
niqqa
Rust Claw
81 | 4
You could tell that skills like Sky Siege are considered to be melee range skills. Just like Pounce is not blocked by Lioness.
Crash
Madawc
6801 | 329
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
niqqa wrote:You could tell that skills like Sky Siege are considered to be melee range skills. Just like Pounce is not blocked by Lioness.

Good point. Thank you for the clarification. Just thought it would've been cool with Elfin Weapons +% Bow damage and CB and tree warden's Circle of Life and attack speed. :oops:
Blkchaos
Destroyer
7 | 0
I'm playing a poison sorc and I got an awesome chest plate that really took me to the next level! It comes with acid fiends, minion hp and poison damage.

It also comes with druid morph, is there any point to this morph besides changing the way I look?
Kato
|
cowking wrote:Also, D2SE is not mandatory to play Median XL, it's just convenient.

I've seen the instructions for this somewhere many moons ago but damned if I can find it now. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Perhaps it's worth just waiting for Sigma, seems it should be out soon (but it's seemed that way for a while?!).
PodolskyV
Gravedigger
184 | 6
What's better for ww dudu Natha RW or Augurs Pelt?
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Kato wrote:
cowking wrote:Also, D2SE is not mandatory to play Median XL, it's just convenient.

I've seen the instructions for this somewhere many moons ago but damned if I can find it now. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Perhaps it's worth just waiting for Sigma, seems it should be out soon (but it's seemed that way for a while?!).

install d2 (preferably outside program files)
patch to 1.13c (http://tsw.median-xl.com/rollback.zip put this in the d2 folder and run the 1.13c patch)
put mxlu in the d2 folder www.moddb.com/mods/median-xl-ultimative ... mative-xvc
(optionally install plugy: http://plugy.free.fr/PlugY_The_Survival_Kit_v10.00.zip )
that's it. (if you installed plugy, run the game trough it)
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Scalewinged
Blood Golem
1303 | 62
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Blkchaos wrote:It also comes with druid morph, is there any point to this morph besides changing the way I look?

Sure. Druid have different breakpoints.
with staff:
sorc's max cast rate is 187 Faster cast rate for 4 frames per cast, and 728 faster hit recovery for 2 frames get hit animation or 142 for 3 frames;
druids are - FCR 152/5 and FHR 360/3 or 133/4