Discuss Median XL!
Chooch
Thunder Beetle
56 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
iamnotarobot wrote:Why can't i equip my merc with an amulet anymore? Tried several ones to no avail, i could still equip him just fine yesterday before the update.

i also cant equip my merc with ammy...its a5 merc, ive tried many different amulets and have tried hiring another merc.
cletyan
Bone Archer
72 | 0
Chooch wrote:
iamnotarobot wrote:Why can't i equip my merc with an amulet anymore? Tried several ones to no avail, i could still equip him just fine yesterday before the update.

i also cant equip my merc with ammy...its a5 merc, ive tried many different amulets and have tried hiring another merc.

lol same experience thought my mouse broke :lol: :lol:
Maje92
Cultist
22 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
cletyan wrote:
Chooch wrote:

lol same experience thought my mouse broke :lol: :lol:

me too bought 5 times a new one :D
Darkstorn
Rust Claw
87 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
tbone503 wrote:
Darkstorn wrote:Weird, why would one prevent rushing? So, how I am suppose to rush my mates?

Although rushing of course has played a big part in D2 it's not really part of Median XL. You're much better off just playing the game. You'll gain experience plenty quickly that way and it's quite a bit more enjoyable.

I already have expirienced this mod and so far never faced with such a rediculous bullsh*t.
- it unables to play freely in a team due to character differance.
- it prevents me from being rewarded with the exp points I should have earned with my team-play.
- it also makes game much longer. I used to make such a run within two hours at least, tho yesterday it took me four instead.
Can you tell me what a significant expirience did I get within?
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Darkstorn wrote:I already have expirienced this mod and so far never faced with such a rediculous bullsh*t.
- it unables to play freely in a team due to character differance.
- it prevents me from being rewarded with the exp points I should have earned with my team-play.
- it also makes game much longer. I used to make such a run within two hours at least, tho yesterday it took me four instead.
Can you tell me what a significant expirience did I get within?

You can address your concern to the devs, here is the link :coolstorybob:
If you still don't get it then you can read this article about experience gain.
Chooch
Thunder Beetle
56 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Chooch wrote:
Chooch wrote:i have a question about
Desolation
Desolation
Desolation
Voidsworn Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 70 to 79
Required Level: 125
Item Level: 110
Adds 4000 - 5000 Magic Damage
5% Chance to cast level 60 Dark Power on Kill
1% Chance to cast level 21 Lifeblood on Striking
+1 to Ultimate Chaos
Lightning Resist -100%
Physical Resist (15 to 25)%
100% Magic Find
. i just cubed a clean one with shaad, auhue and 75x sigs. instead of turning into desolation it turned into a rare bow....my question is; is the bow a gamble or does it always turn into
Desolation
Desolation
Desolation
Voidsworn Bow
+1 to Ultimate Chaos
Lightning Resist -100%
100% Magic Find
? what happened to my bow?

anyone have any experience with samael weps?

is anyone on today that can help with this?
suchbalance
Team Member
1759 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Chooch wrote:
Chooch wrote:
Chooch wrote:i have a question about
Desolation
Desolation
Desolation
Voidsworn Bow
+1 to Ultimate Chaos
Lightning Resist -100%
100% Magic Find
. i just cubed a clean one with shaad, auhue and 75x sigs. instead of turning into desolation it turned into a rare bow....my question is; is the bow a gamble or does it always turn into
Desolation
Desolation
Desolation
Voidsworn Bow
+1 to Ultimate Chaos
Lightning Resist -100%
100% Magic Find
? what happened to my bow?

anyone have any experience with samael weps?

is anyone on today that can help with this?

This recipe has not been changed for 3 patches, I just tested it and it works fine. Was this on TSW or single player? DM me char name if TSW or char file if single player.
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between Elemental Damage and Innate Elemental Damage?
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
tbone503 wrote:Can anyone tell me what the difference is between Elemental Damage and Innate Elemental Damage?

I assume you're talking about elemental damage on weapons/skills that apply elemental damage to weapons and not about elemental spell damage so here I go:

elemental damage such as +100-1000 to lightning damage is a bonus that in addition to your weapon damage is applied to the enemy based on the weapon damage % of the skill you're using. If a skill has an 80% weapon damage modifier, the lightning damage will only be 80-800. It can be affected by -enemy resist to improve its effectiveness even further.

Innate elemental damage however increases the total amount of all elemental damage on your weapon attacks.
To use the example above, let's say you have 25% innate elemental damage. That means that the weapon that added 100-1000 damage now adds 125-1250 damage. And that again is dependent on weapon damage modifier, so if you have 80%, you'll only get 100-1000 damage after those calculations.
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ParticuLarry wrote:
tbone503 wrote:Can anyone tell me what the difference is between Elemental Damage and Innate Elemental Damage?

I assume you're talking about elemental damage on weapons/skills that apply elemental damage to weapons and not about elemental spell damage so here I go:

elemental damage such as +100-1000 to lightning damage is a bonus that in addition to your weapon damage is applied to the enemy based on the weapon damage % of the skill you're using. If a skill has an 80% weapon damage modifier, the lightning damage will only be 80-800. It can be affected by -enemy resist to improve its effectiveness even further.

Innate elemental damage however increases the total amount of all elemental damage on your weapon attacks.
To use the example above, let's say you have 25% innate elemental damage. That means that the weapon that added 100-1000 damage now adds 125-1250 damage. And that again is dependent on weapon damage modifier, so if you have 80%, you'll only get 100-1000 damage after those calculations.

Ok, got it, thanks.