Wht is the best bosskiller at the moment?

Discuss Median XL!
Giu
Heretic
411 | 65
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
windform barb
BagboyBrown
Acid Prince
45 | 0
Bliyadolubov wrote:the good example of that is summondin, but his summons cant do shit against quov tsin, kabraxis, astroga, labs. The funny thing that i have best summoner gear ever could be. I even made a 2017 median summodin version, the time when Crafts had double UMO, i had crafted best fucking gear, even a pala shield
with howling totem on it (it gives 500% damage boost to you and minions, i had a sleep charm for for summons (it gave you enchanted sntance radius, it makes so you can use barb stances from items with your minions, without it you cant, i had a weapon with WOLF stance, i buffed and summon stuff with crafted gear then changed to secondary weapon #wolf stance + howling totem = total x 800% multiply. Even had good crafted pala helm with rampagors (old beafy necro summons, the were good!!!) At my calculations scourges deal about 3000000 damage for a 1 hit in total, had 140000 AR, it should instakill bosses?! No, it still was SHIT

I just think they don't play the game. There's no possible way they do, right? If X build 1 shots bosses and Y build can't kill them within 5 minutes, there's a serious issue here. I don't have the best build on my rat (actually gonna roll a new character in a second and see what it's issues are), but I was able to do Rathma's Square yet unable to kill Baal. It's literally the boss of the base game, it has nothing to do with any of the content they've added. I don't think it should be a 120 boss because you're only around 110 when you get to it. It's a 120 boss yet near impossible for 120s so making it 140 would be more logical, however, then you wouldn't fix the issue we have now which is: "I've came to the end of the game and I'm unable to fight the boss".

Baal needs to be tuned way down and Lv req reduced to at least 110, possibly 105 (I forget exactly where I was at when I got to him, but I'll write it down when I get there on this new character).

Also, I believe rifts from rift stones need to be tuned back as well. Rift 1 is fine. But they ramp up in difficulty considerably after that yet not so much in level requirement. Another issue is the level requirement convention as a whole. Every SU is Level 100 and Every SSU is Lv 120. Every Set item is between 80 - 120, but 90% of builds don't use any of them.

I don't care if these items are left in the game or removed, but there should be more powerful pre 120 runewords (for weaopns especially) as there is no shortage of runes. I'm not saying runes drop too often, I like having them, I'd just also have something to do with them. Wearing the same TUs from normal to post hell feels horrible. The leveling experience feels amazing. Not grindy at all, just do your quests normal - hell and you will level. But you'll also farm a lot of runes that you have no use for. I'm gonna give it till about patch 2.0 to see if any balance changes are being made or if I'm gonna have to download path of diablo, sadly. =/ This game has more content, but what's the point if you can't do it anyway?

1. Roll a class
2. Play until you get to an uber you can't do and realize you've made the wrong build.
3. Roll a class to kill said uber, but is unable to farm efficiently.
4. Roll a class etc etc.

It feels like shit.
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
^is this satire?
Diaco
Mahasattva
902 | 44
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
BagboyBrown wrote:
Bliyadolubov wrote:the good example of that is summondin, but his summons cant do shit against quov tsin, kabraxis, astroga, labs. The funny thing that i have best summoner gear ever could be. I even made a 2017 median summodin version, the time when Crafts had double UMO, i had crafted best fucking gear, even a pala shield
with howling totem on it (it gives 500% damage boost to you and minions, i had a sleep charm for for summons (it gave you enchanted sntance radius, it makes so you can use barb stances from items with your minions, without it you cant, i had a weapon with WOLF stance, i buffed and summon stuff with crafted gear then changed to secondary weapon #wolf stance + howling totem = total x 800% multiply. Even had good crafted pala helm with rampagors (old beafy necro summons, the were good!!!) At my calculations scourges deal about 3000000 damage for a 1 hit in total, had 140000 AR, it should instakill bosses?! No, it still was SHIT

I just think they don't play the game. There's no possible way they do, right? If X build 1 shots bosses and Y build can't kill them within 5 minutes, there's a serious issue here. I don't have the best build on my rat (actually gonna roll a new character in a second and see what it's issues are), but I was able to do Rathma's Square yet unable to kill Baal. It's literally the boss of the base game, it has nothing to do with any of the content they've added. I don't think it should be a 120 boss because you're only around 110 when you get to it. It's a 120 boss yet near impossible for 120s so making it 140 would be more logical, however, then you wouldn't fix the issue we have now which is: "I've came to the end of the game and I'm unable to fight the boss".

Baal needs to be tuned way down and Lv req reduced to at least 110, possibly 105 (I forget exactly where I was at when I got to him, but I'll write it down when I get there on this new character).

Also, I believe rifts from rift stones need to be tuned back as well. Rift 1 is fine. But they ramp up in difficulty considerably after that yet not so much in level requirement. Another issue is the level requirement convention as a whole. Every SU is Level 100 and Every SSU is Lv 120. Every Set item is between 80 - 120, but 90% of builds don't use any of them.

I don't care if these items are left in the game or removed, but there should be more powerful pre 120 runewords (for weaopns especially) as there is no shortage of runes. I'm not saying runes drop too often, I like having them, I'd just also have something to do with them. Wearing the same TUs from normal to post hell feels horrible. The leveling experience feels amazing. Not grindy at all, just do your quests normal - hell and you will level. But you'll also farm a lot of runes that you have no use for. I'm gonna give it till about patch 2.0 to see if any balance changes are being made or if I'm gonna have to download path of diablo, sadly. =/ This game has more content, but what's the point if you can't do it anyway?

1. Roll a class
2. Play until you get to an uber you can't do and realize you've made the wrong build.
4. Roll a class etc etc.

It feels like shit.

This is like someone who has never been on a bike signing on to the tour de france and then saying it should be nerfed when they can't get to the finish line.
Gamdol
Cultist
21 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
I'm curious what builds have made it to T15 and/or killed Samael with builds relatively close to current tuning. I know Naginata Sin killed Samael which was pretty cool to me as I don't often see anything about Sin killing him, but that may just be that the top sin players are usually private profiles.
BagboyBrown
Acid Prince
45 | 0
Diaco wrote:
BagboyBrown wrote:

1. Roll a class
4. Roll a class etc etc.

It feels like shit.

This is like someone who has never been on a bike signing on to the tour de france and then saying it should be nerfed when they can't get to the finish line.

Not hard to spot a fanboy.
BagboyBrown
Acid Prince
45 | 0
Gamdol wrote:I'm curious what builds have made it to T15 and/or killed Samael with builds relatively close to current tuning. I know Naginata Sin killed Samael which was pretty cool to me as I don't often see anything about Sin killing him, but that may just be that the top sin players are usually private profiles.

The amount of players who actually cleared every uber is probably < 1% and I'm sure it's not from a lack of trying.
Keter
Sasquatch
69 | 3
Every season, at 1-2 day of start, when i see trade messages "WTS ALL CHARM 115-125", i start thinking, that these players have a secred.

Maybe 1-2 build of all builds so strong at start and some players known about it. And he dnt want say about, because charms=tg.
MagnuS
Pit Knight
112 | 30
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Keter wrote:Every season, at 1-2 day of start, when i see trade messages "WTS ALL CHARM 115-125", i start thinking, that these players have a secred.

Maybe 1-2 build of all builds so strong at start and some players known about it. And he dnt want say about, because charms=tg.

One of the more profitable charms to sell early on is
The Ancient Repositories
The Ancient Repositories
Required Level: 125
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
+(0 to 1) to All Skills
(101 to 150)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(11 to 15)% to Spell Damage
(6 to 10)% Chance of Crushing Blow
Fire Resist +(5 to 20)%
Lightning Resist +(5 to 20)%
Cold Resist +(5 to 20)%
which independs of the build you are playing. It's basically learning the fight and executing the mechanics properly. Other 125 Ubers are easier to some builds and harder for others (Astro, Xazax, etc.) but not impossible. If you play Holy Caster, for example, you will have a easier time in a those fights so, it's not like everyone is running one or two secret builds that can "one shot" a boss.

Therefore, your statement sounds like a conspiracy theory and sounds kinda silly. Besides Ubers like Samael and Deimoss that requires a lot more effort in gearing properly than the rest, everything is accessible to the average player.
physics
Sasquatch
66 | 2
actual conspiracy theory: bagboybrown and mr_bill are the same person