Bow Druid playstyle issues (oh boi carpal tunnels)

Discuss Median XL!
Ruubel
Daystar
672 | 13
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Another problem - for the sake of your mental and physical health - better not to switch around steady aim, heartseeker and cascade. Eventually you respec and skip cascade.
Lilithian
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
Diaco wrote:The problem is that if you switch randomly you'll sometimes switch mid-animation and the skill won't trigger. You'd have to be veeeery precise for it to be consistent. Sure, it's almost impossible to do it perfectly, you'd need to switch exactly every 7 frames, but you can do it in a manner that the skills are still useful and quite powerful. I honestly think it makes sense for it to be that difficult, since the build is by no means weak even without perfect timing.

I'd welcome to see dmg numbers nerf in favor of consistency provided by fixed timer on steady aim buff.
Lilithian
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
Ruubel wrote:Another problem - for the sake of your mental and physical health - better not to switch around steady aim, heartseeker and cascade. Eventually you respec and skip cascade.

Cascade has too many uses to be skipped.

Sniping, shooting over wall, much larger aoe when kiting mobs, reliability in terms that u know where the shots will go...

Personally, I think Heartseeker is only usefful on bosses which dont have adds.

Note: Im currently lvl 122, with all ubers up to 115 cleared. I have respecced some times already. Cascade isnt meant to be skipped, as it has max base 10, same like heartseeker. They are supposed to be ur two main dmg dealers, one more or less single target, second aoe.
Berkabus1
Grubber
332 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Lets just all agree that new bow druid is awful and hope for new skills at next Patch
MagnuS
Pit Knight
112 | 30
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
I'll give my 2 cents

If you are having health issues you are doing it wrong or for an unhealthy amount of time. I didn't had this kind of issue.

I'd suggest you to keep both skills in the RMB and switch with keybinds as someone said before.

Cascade is the default skill and when you get the bear buff heartseeker outshine it in medium packs and bosses. But heartseeker without heart of the Pack buff is just unreliable imo.

And I can't agree with people that keep saying bow dudu is awful and need another rework. It's a play style. If you don't like it roll a bowzon or something that only need one button to be spammed and clear an entire screen of mobs.

Bow dudu is fine. Maybe it needs some adjust in the heart of pack radius. It would be nice but not mandatory.

One mechanic a little bit more complex and the build is awful... I just can't understand this mindset. It sound almost the same when people complained about solar flare...
syllab
Jungle Hunter
27 | 5
MagnuS wrote:I'll give my 2 cents

If you are having health issues you are doing it wrong or for an unhealthy amount of time. I didn't had this kind of issue.

I'd suggest you to keep both skills in the RMB and switch with keybinds as someone said before.

Cascade is the default skill and when you get the bear buff heartseeker outshine it in medium packs and bosses. But heartseeker without heart of the Pack buff is just unreliable imo.

And I can't agree with people that keep saying bow dudu is awful and need another rework. It's a play style. If you don't like it roll a bowzon or something that only need one button to be spammed and clear an entire screen of mobs.

Bow dudu is fine. Maybe it needs some adjust in the heart of pack radius. It would be nice but not mandatory.

One mechanic a little bit more complex and the build is awful... I just can't understand this mindset. It sound almost the same when people complained about solar flare...

How can you say it's fine when it's a fact that the build has some glaring gameplay issues. It's literally impossible to get optimal damage on a bow druid if you're not a robot that can do frame perfect skillswitching (watch the video posted). I don't mind skill switching, I enjoy holy paladin for example, but bow druid is just frustrating gameplay since the skillswitching you suggest: Does. Not. Work. Again, watch the video. And the worst part is, the further you get toward endgame the worse it gets because of the increased attackspeed compared to early game. This character literally gets harder to play by getting stronger. This is the OPPOSITE of fine.

Besides this, the biggest DPS output is triggered outside of the player control by an AI unit that can and will regularly die when you go toward endgame. Wonderful.

Telling me or others that this is just something that "you like or you don't" and "you are doing it wrong" is like saying "I feel cold sometimes so global warming is fake news".
MagnuS
Pit Knight
112 | 30
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
syllab wrote:
MagnuS wrote:I'll give my 2 cents

How can you say it's fine when it's a fact that the build has some glaring gameplay issues. It's literally impossible to get optimal damage on a bow druid if you're not a robot that can do frame perfect skillswitching (watch the video posted). I don't mind skill switching, I enjoy holy paladin for example, but bow druid is just frustrating gameplay since the skillswitching you suggest: Does. Not. Work. Again, watch the video. And the worst part is, the further you get toward endgame the worse it gets because of the increased attackspeed compared to early game. This character literally gets harder to play by getting stronger. This is the OPPOSITE of fine.

Besides this, the biggest DPS output is triggered outside of the player control by an AI unit that can and will regularly die when you go toward endgame. Wonderful.

Telling me or others that this is just something that "you like or you don't" and "you are doing it wrong" is like saying "I feel cold sometimes so global warming is fake news".

OK bro... It was my 2 cents not a global absolute truth.

I didn't had this issues you are talking about. I've watched your vids. And I shared my experience and opinion. You don't like it. Ok, keep waiting for your change. My bear can tank Uldy and his adds just fine. The AI buff is some rng... Yes it is... But it's not like you depends 100% on it. You can play around it.

As I said... You don't like bow dudu... Go play bowzon or tribeam Pally... You'll get a better outcome without hurting your hands... Your feedback is ok, just don't get it as something that must go through devs plans.
Lilithian
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
I've watched your vids.

That guy isnt op. I am. At least check who r u talking to :')

Its fine if u dont agree. That wont change the facts.

Dont tell others what to do. I have posted a thread about gameplay issue, provided evidence and recommended hotfix.

Now Its up to devs.

I dont see any point in ur comments. You clearly agree with the bugs being present and tell others to be ok with it?

With such attitude, game would stagnate, wouldnt it? :)

Cheers and stay chill.
syllab
Jungle Hunter
27 | 5
MagnuS wrote:...

Oh I get it, your opinion can't ever be wrong since it's "just your 2 cents", but actual facts presented that don't match your reality are just wrong opinions. Thanks for letting me know, bro, my world has opened.
MagnuS
Pit Knight
112 | 30
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
@OP

Since the other guy answered my topic I assumed he was the OP. My mistake.

I didn't agree with any "bugs". The only thing I said was about the radius of Heart of the Pack.
Also I made a suggestion based on what I've experienced with bow dudu. Still a suggestion and only this.

@syllab

You are overreacting over my opinion and I don't get it. You say I'm assuming my opinion can't be mistaken when I clearly said it wasn't an absolute truth.

Seems like saying anything that isn't "Bow dudu needs a hotfix" isn't welcome here, therefore, goodbye. Cheers everyone.