Just wanted to ask this weird question

Discuss Median XL!
ncstorm
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
So with the new stuff the Goblins are they only on the server or do they exist in Single player as well?. I normally play on server but as of late ive been just playing single player with my kids teaching them about the mod and i was wondering if they where enabled or not. Also are there any other features not Currently available on the single player side that are on the server side only. Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this Keeps me hooked and something to do. The last question of this i guess has to do with IF IF they release a d2 remastered depending on how they release it would sigma be going into a more HD experience if they update the game to HD with the remastered. (in theory i think it would be cool cause i feel the way everything flows in this game would look super cool in HD). l8er yal
Verrovax
Pit Knight
110 | 0
Goblins are realm only, so there aren't any in Single player. Also the Scroll Enchantments that drop from Goblins(Helm & Amu), can't be found in Single player.
Otherwise everything is the same.
ncstorm
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
awsome thanks
Taem
Necrobot
2490 | 157
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
ncstorm wrote:IF they release a d2 remastered depending on how they release it would sigma be going into a more HD experience if they update the game to HD with the remastered.

A remaster will be an entirely new game my friend, not a expansion or MOD. Nothing currently out will be compatible, and furthermore, Blizzard has made a point of breaking MOD's and suing mod makers in the past post-Diablo 2, so don't expect to see much support for modding their remaster. TBH, all the talent left Blizzard once Activation gobbled them up so, my hopes are very low anything they churn out will even be worth the investment of my time or cash...
Bearded_DooD
Pit Knight
112 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Sadly knowing our luck Taem is right, it will be completely new game. I wish they would only change graphic to today standards, without touching mechanics..buuuuuutt its Bl... Activision Blizzard. (im looking at your Warcraft 3 Refunded)
PizzaGater
Banned
652 | 9
There is absolutely nothing official about a d2 remaster, and there will be none.
They don't care anymore about d2, d4 is around the corner and it will be as bad as d3 for obvious reasons as Taem stated them.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
PizzaGater wrote:There is absolutely nothing official about a d2 remaster, and there will be none.
They don't care anymore about d2, d4 is around the corner and it will be as bad as d3 for obvious reasons as Taem stated them.

If you care enough... in this thread I'm listing points why a d2 remaster is possible.

And just to add to that, the company that those rumors were about (the one that was supposedly working on d2 resurrected) has been integrated into activision blizzard a meager couple of weeks ago. Seeing how the online Blizzcon is being held this weekend, and that the panels suggest that there will be something big regarding diablo, your statement that there will be nothing official about a d2 remaster could age bad very quickly.

It still remains to be seen of course. ;)
PizzaGater
Banned
652 | 9
ParticuLarry wrote:
PizzaGater wrote:There is absolutely nothing official about a d2 remaster, and there will be none.

If you care enough... in this thread I'm listing points why a d2 remaster is possible.

And just to add to that, the company that those rumors were about (the one that was supposedly working on d2 resurrected) has been integrated into activision blizzard a meager couple of weeks ago. Seeing how the online Blizzcon is being held this weekend, and that the panels suggest that there will be something big regarding diablo, your statement that there will be nothing official about a d2 remaster could age bad very quickly.

It still remains to be seen of course. ;)

I'm aware of this yeah.
What I meant was more like "it will hold the name of d2 but nothing else"

you know, a bit like Baldur's Gate 3
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
PizzaGater wrote:I'm aware of this yeah.

I see. Much like how FHR would probably not require any breakpoints anymore, huh?

I haven't played Baldur's gate games unfortunately, but I understood what you meant now :D
PizzaGater
Banned
652 | 9
ParticuLarry wrote:
PizzaGater wrote:I'm aware of this yeah.

I see. Much like how FHR would probably not require any breakpoints anymore, huh?

I haven't played Baldur's gate games unfortunately, but I understood what you meant now :D

yeah, just like D3, fhr, fcr etc. all disappear because it's too complexe for kids nowadays, just growing numbers...