Starter Build Discussion for 2.0

Discuss Median XL!
bibel89
Gravedigger
181 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
After absolution existed, i played neutraldin and it feel good for me. Is it still viable in 2.0?
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
193 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Zartok wrote:
CorralTheTroops wrote:
Zartok wrote:Anyone got some tips for someone struggling with wrist problems? I'm thinking maybe a summoner would be nice, but not sure if they are "endgame" viable.

-Summoner Barb(stil a thing? no mentions in the patch notes)
-Summoner Paladin
-Summoner Necro
-Totemancer
-Lazydin (need to build up to it tho)

Any other thoughts?

There's a new section called Shaman talking about the changes to summon barb.
Any summoner should be fine, I think Necro summoner is probably the best, but also is as intensive to use as most non summoner skills. Maybe you can try Necro Summoner with Veil King and new Abyss Knights for a passive summoner playstyle.

I see, hmmm.. I am really curious about the sumodin or barb since it does not seem to have too many other things to press (unless u really want to). Also paladin seems to have many fun builds other than the summoner:)

Summon barb is a classic skill, and can easily be played as 1 button playstyle with spirit walk only.
I don't have much experience with sumodin, but I think generally none of the paladin playstyle as laid back (and wrist relaxing) as VK summon necro or Summon barb.
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
193 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
bibel89 wrote:After absolution existed, i played neutraldin and it feel good for me. Is it still viable in 2.0?

Buffed across the board.
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
193 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
woop wrote:
vartazs wrote:
woop wrote:Did totemnecro on beta to 135, can highly recommend as a starter!

Which one you tried, fire-cold or lightning?

Tri-elemental, solo cold and solo fire. Probably starting as tri > lightning this time around to see what it can deliver. Fire was to clunky imo, but maybe i lacked the needed gear. Frost was good, but I recommending starting as tri-ele for the sweet LaeK. Did all 125s with ease except atanna khan and spirit of giyua.

Awesome sauce!
Is the on death (of totem) and on kill (of enemy) the same as each other or different?
Also what are those effects? Like are they different from the default attack of the totem?
I too am gonna start with totems, and just wanna know the answer to these.

Tyvm!
Eternaldragon10
Bone Archer
70 | 0
whyrem shoot ama gets buffed a bit right?
Muilpeer
Daystar
669 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Zartok wrote:
CorralTheTroops wrote:
Zartok wrote:Anyone got some tips for someone struggling with wrist problems? I'm thinking maybe a summoner would be nice, but not sure if they are "endgame" viable.

-Summoner Barb(stil a thing? no mentions in the patch notes)
-Summoner Paladin
-Summoner Necro
-Totemancer
-Lazydin (need to build up to it tho)

Any other thoughts?

There's a new section called Shaman talking about the changes to summon barb.
Any summoner should be fine, I think Necro summoner is probably the best, but also is as intensive to use as most non summoner skills. Maybe you can try Necro Summoner with Veil King and new Abyss Knights for a passive summoner playstyle.

I see, hmmm.. I am really curious about the sumodin or barb since it does not seem to have too many other things to press (unless u really want to). Also paladin seems to have many fun builds other than the summoner:)

Same for me, I got hit by a car 1,5 years ago and have a bad left wrist. Now two months ago something happened to my right wrist as well, it's pretty bad and I can't play too actively sadly. Very interesting niche to think about making a viable build with these problems. I'm used to an active playstyle so I really don't want to have a boring build that can't do much endgame stuff either. Sumodin and barb sound good to me as well.
woop
Cultist
21 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
CorralTheTroops wrote:
woop wrote:
vartazs wrote:

Tri-elemental, solo cold and solo fire. Probably starting as tri > lightning this time around to see what it can deliver. Fire was to clunky imo, but maybe i lacked the needed gear. Frost was good, but I recommending starting as tri-ele for the sweet LaeK. Did all 125s with ease except atanna khan and spirit of giyua.

Awesome sauce!
Is the on death (of totem) and on kill (of enemy) the same as each other or different?
Also what are those effects? Like are they different from the default attack of the totem?

Tyvm!

I believe it's the same effect as the corresponding totem, just more damage. Maybe you'll have to ask in discord for a more specific answer :roll:
Nathan88
Core Lord
373 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Bowazon is still playable ? Any one know ? Ty
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
193 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
woop wrote:
CorralTheTroops wrote:
woop wrote:
vartazs wrote:

Awesome sauce!

Tyvm!

I believe it's the same effect as the corresponding totem, just more damage. Maybe you'll have to ask in discord for a more specific answer :roll:

Sounds like they are the same effect. Ty.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1237 | 268
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Eternaldragon10 wrote:whyrem shoot ama gets buffed a bit right?

Nathan88 wrote:Bowazon is still playable ? Any one know ? Ty

So, I wasn't in beta, but I've heard folks say bowazon is fine. Trinity Arrow does more damage, other skills are about the same, Paragon nerfed but so was everyone else's maximum life and masteries can make up for it.