Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Diaco
Void Archon
895 | 44
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Pisunchic wrote:I have a QUESTION, for some reason earthquake barb has more damage without weapon, about 36k earthquake skill, and 44k shower of rocks, its about 1/2 higher then with weapon. I tested it on dummy and it was true, damage was higher just with bare hand and invictus offhand. Maybe its known bug or game mechanic that i dont understand. Second thing, i levelup my barb to 130, and today i have noticed that upheval has passive bonus to damage!? holy mama. In median there are many stuff that need to learn, discover new builds, why no one plays hybrid builds, i play xbow with summons, its so much fun, it hard to balance but still its possible. Some build variantions such as earthquake barb + summons, holy melee pal with summons, unholy melee pal + summons should be bonkers.

no one plays them because they are not viable. median is extremely biased towards specialization. if you focus on both things you'll most likely suck at both
Pisunchic
Stygian Watcher
44 | 0
Diaco wrote:
Pisunchic wrote:I have a QUESTION, for some reason earthquake barb has more damage without weapon, about 36k earthquake skill, and 44k shower of rocks, its about 1/2 higher then with weapon. I tested it on dummy and it was true, damage was higher just with bare hand and invictus offhand. Maybe its known bug or game mechanic that i dont understand. Second thing, i levelup my barb to 130, and today i have noticed that upheval has passive bonus to damage!? holy mama. In median there are many stuff that need to learn, discover new builds, why no one plays hybrid builds, i play xbow with summons, its so much fun, it hard to balance but still its possible. Some build variantions such as earthquake barb + summons, holy melee pal with summons, unholy melee pal + summons should be bonkers.

no one plays them because they are not viable. median is extremely biased towards specialization. if you focus on both things you'll most likely suck at both

Xbow necro looks great with minions as a meatshields. My next question is about barb skills such as upheaval and aftermath, it said that it gives 10% of total strength as a physical weapon damage, is it aply to a skill (sor) or to all attacks, i cant see any changes at the char stats after i unlock that bonus, maybe it doesnt working
PeterHatEater
Bone Archer
78 | 18
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide

Without a weapon reverts to LoD base scaling. I can't remember the exact numbers but it definitely can be more damage than using a weapon. I think it would be considered a bug?
Rhanti
Prowler
19 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Short question, is there a meaning to the mercenaries health bar color, or is it just random? Not asking about how it changes when he gets damaged, but sometimes at full health it's yellow, sometimes blue, sometimes green, sometimes black........any meaning?
Maertsy
Rust Claw
89 | 8
PeterHatEater wrote:

Without a weapon reverts to LoD base scaling. I can't remember the exact numbers but it definitely can be more damage than using a weapon. I think it would be considered a bug?

Siosilvar once answered this. Dmg bonus for bare hands is like 0.15 per str, while for most 1-hand sword / axe it's 0.11 per str. So theoretically bare hands with enough strength and flat phys dam from other equipment can have more total dmg than using a low dmg weapon.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1237 | 268
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Maertsy wrote:
PeterHatEater wrote:

Siosilvar once answered this. Dmg bonus for bare hands is like 0.15 per str, while for most 1-hand sword / axe it's 0.11 per str. So theoretically bare hands with enough strength and flat phys dam from other equipment can have more total dmg than using a low dmg weapon.

it's 1 full EWD per strength for fists.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
602 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
^ does this work with an offhand weapon only? Or Shield?

Also my actual question, does flat +stats get added before or after %stats?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1237 | 268
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
You don't have an offhand weapon if you're using fists to attack.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
602 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Siosilvar wrote:You don't have an offhand weapon if you're using fists to attack.

So that would mean no weapon but yes shield would not work either?

To put it clearly, hitting with fists means you have nothing equipped in either weapon slot.
Pisunchic
Stygian Watcher
44 | 0
Semigloss wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:You don't have an offhand weapon if you're using fists to attack.

So that would mean no weapon but yes shield would not work either?

To put it clearly, hitting with fists means you have nothing equipped in either weapon slot.

from what i know shield doesnt cout as a weapon so you can get use of good damage wise shield which can add more damage to bare hand or scale it (snowstorm, invictus...) For example invictus has interesting mechanic strenght bonus damage, its multiply a weapon damage and bare hand!