Discuss Median XL!
sunstrider
Cultist
20 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
McLovin wrote:
sunstrider wrote:Hi all

I wanted to combine the occult effigy "Path of brutality" (found in 2.7) with my ring Giants knuckle, putting both in the cube doesnt work. Any ideas why?

The ring needs at least +1all ?, if it has +0 all it doesnt work.

Oh dang, that makes sense, it doesnt. Why is that? the effigy says Cube with unique ammy/ring. O.o Is that only applicable to this effigy or all of em?

My initial thoughts were that it transforms the +all skills of all your gear to DS, but I guess it only applies to this very item? :(
rugby_1
Son of Lucion
725 | 4
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
sunstrider wrote:
McLovin wrote:
sunstrider wrote:Hi all

I wanted to combine the occult effigy "Path of brutality" (found in 2.7) with my ring Giants knuckle, putting both in the cube doesnt work. Any ideas why?

The ring needs at least +1all ?, if it has +0 all it doesnt work.

Oh dang, that makes sense, it doesnt. Why is that? the effigy says Cube with unique ammy/ring. O.o Is that only applicable to this effigy or all of em?

My initial thoughts were that it transforms the +all skills of all your gear to DS, but I guess it only applies to this very item? :(

Path of Brutality transforms the +skills stat to deadly strike of the item where the effigy is applied. So you would need to use the effigy on an ammy or ring that gives at least +1 all skills to gain any deadly strike.
ShadowSlave
Acid Prince
48 | 0
moved to bugs thread
Edited by ShadowSlave 4 months.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
602 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
What is the mastercraft gothic staff? I just overleveled and missed it. Also, why arent mastercraft items added to the Base Item page?
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
Succubus from T10 were removed and replaced with other monsters using lighting/cold spells. Do they also have a hidden curse/debuff requiring the mage to have 290% resists to maintain 90% resists?
metasequoia
Cog
218 | 19
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Immortal2563 wrote:Succubus from T10 were removed and replaced with other monsters using lighting/cold spells. Do they also have a hidden curse/debuff requiring the mage to have 290% resists to maintain 90% resists?

yes. you can see the curse if youre careful in the mess down there
metasequoia
Cog
218 | 19
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
is overstacking summon resists a) possible and b) helpful for labs 9 and 10? (asking for a dumb bear :D)
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1237 | 268
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
metasequoia wrote:is overstacking summon resists a) possible and b) helpful for labs 9 and 10? (asking for a dumb bear :D)

no. 75 is 75
Maertsy
Rust Claw
89 | 8
Semigloss wrote:What is the mastercraft gothic staff? I just overleveled and missed it. Also, why arent mastercraft items added to the Base Item page?

It's a staff with orange text as: +30 fire pierce for char level >= 130. There's also a new change for staves in ver 2.8: now can roll +9 all skills (before, it's just +sorc skills).

Now imagine we're sorc having
Bartuc's Curse
Bartuc's Curse
Lamellar Armor (Sacred)

Defense: (4647 - 5680) to (5040 - 6160)
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 499
Item Level: 105
2% Base Block Chance
+100 Spell Focus
+(25 to 50)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(1 to 50)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(1 to 15) to Phoenix Wave
+(80 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
(21 to 25)% to All Attributes
-30% Gold Find
Socketed (6)
and want to go Phoenix Wave. We can spent a million fire shrine to to have a [+9 all skills, 25+30 fire pierce, +25 to Phoenix Wave] gothic staff. Oh shit I came already. Get an
Atanna Khan's Dress
Atanna Khan's Dress
Ceremonial Armor (Sacred)

Defense: 10306 to 14529
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 722
Item Level: 120
+8 to Maximum Raven Familiar Base Level
5% Chance to cast level 60 Magic Missiles on Death Blow
30% Movement Speed
+(20 to 40)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(8 to 13) to Arcane Swarm
+200% Enhanced Defense
+(1000 to 3000) Defense
Physical Resist (5 to 10)%
10% Chance to Avoid Damage
Socketed (6)
and now our phoenix sorc is almost ready.

The staff can also support Funeral Pyre.
BrecMadak
Sasquatch
65 | 2
Should we expect a major change in the engine with 3.0? And if mentioned, what is it?