2.8 Bugs & Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
roceteo242
Vampiress
35 | 2
Hey!
What would You say to make scrolling bar in options to move not only with mouse scroll, but aswell with holding left click? :)
Mr_Bill
Designated Troll
87 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
In Hell Act 2 Rocky Waste, encountered a Ghost Phoenix (the uber Carrion Birds that nuke you with a Rain of Bombs dealing massive fire damage) that somehow became totally untargetable and invulnerable (Merc ignored it, even when it was adjacent to her, and I couldn't attack it).

This "Ghostly Ghost Phoenix" followed me around like a stray puppy for a while but it didn't seem to attack. After I TP'ed back to town and returned after about a 5-minute absence devoted to selling items, re-arranging potions etc., the Ghost Phoenix had disappeared.

Is it my imagination or did something like this occasionally happen in cLoD with Leapers in the Rocky Wastes too? I vaguely recall that on several occasions, one of these would be killed but somehow the game engine didn't recognize it, so they would keep bothering you indefinitely.

Incidentally... I'd advise other players not to underestimate these Ghost Phoenix things, especially if you get cursed with Lower Resist (there is some other monster in the area that throws this curse). You can be killed very quickly by Rain of Bombs if your Fire Resistance is anything under 75.
Mr_Bill
Designated Troll
87 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
When talking to a Merchant (in this case, in Hell A3), if (for example) you have 800K of gold being carried, and you right-click a Greater Signet of Gold so as to trigger it and add more gold to your current carried gold total, the total is not incremented and you just wasted that Greater Signet of Gold (e.g. you still have only 800K). The signet disappears but no more cash! :(

This is with a Level 114 character who should be able to carry more than 1M gold on him.

The Signets of Gold work normally if you just right-click them in your carry area or stash without being in the "trade with merchant" screen. The bug only happens if you are talking to a Merchant while trying to add the gold from a Signet, to what you happen to be carrying at the time.
Pisunchic
Stygian Watcher
42 | 0
rtfgvb wrote:Build: Assassin Claw
Relic:Cherubim
fight with Batstrike or Cherubim

Without weapons, the damage is actually higher
Seems to be due to both Strength and Dexterity bonuses simultaneously

same thing with earthshaker barb, but you got lover minimum damage then with weapon
Pisunchic
Stygian Watcher
42 | 0
Mr_Bill wrote:In Hell Act 2 Rocky Waste, encountered a Ghost Phoenix (the uber Carrion Birds that nuke you with a Rain of Bombs dealing massive fire damage) that somehow became totally untargetable and invulnerable (Merc ignored it, even when it was adjacent to her, and I couldn't attack it).

This "Ghostly Ghost Phoenix" followed me around like a stray puppy for a while but it didn't seem to attack. After I TP'ed back to town and returned after about a 5-minute absence devoted to selling items, re-arranging potions etc., the Ghost Phoenix had disappeared.

Is it my imagination or did something like this occasionally happen in cLoD with Leapers in the Rocky Wastes too? I vaguely recall that on several occasions, one of these would be killed but somehow the game engine didn't recognize it, so they would keep bothering you indefinitely.

Incidentally... I'd advise other players not to underestimate these Ghost Phoenix things, especially if you get cursed with Lower Resist (there is some other monster in the area that throws this curse). You can be killed very quickly by Rain of Bombs if your Fire Resistance is anything under 75.

its a bug with those birds since diablo was released
Diaco
Void Archon
884 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Mr_Bill wrote:When talking to a Merchant (in this case, in Hell A3), if (for example) you have 800K of gold being carried, and you right-click a Greater Signet of Gold so as to trigger it and add more gold to your current carried gold total, the total is not incremented and you just wasted that Greater Signet of Gold (e.g. you still have only 800K). The signet disappears but no more cash! :(

This is with a Level 114 character who should be able to carry more than 1M gold on him.

The Signets of Gold work normally if you just right-click them in your carry area or stash without being in the "trade with merchant" screen. The bug only happens if you are talking to a Merchant while trying to add the gold from a Signet, to what you happen to be carrying at the time.

There's probably further context for this. Cashing a signet of gold on the merchant screen is literally the first thing I do when I start a character
Mr_Bill
Designated Troll
87 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Diaco wrote:
Mr_Bill wrote:When talking to a Merchant (in this case, in Hell A3), if (for example) you have 800K of gold being carried, and you right-click a Greater Signet of Gold so as to trigger it and add more gold to your current carried gold total, the total is not incremented and you just wasted that Greater Signet of Gold (e.g. you still have only 800K). The signet disappears but no more cash! :(

There's probably further context for this. Cashing a signet of gold on the merchant screen is literally the first thing I do when I start a character

Forgot to mention that it does not happen consistently (and I am not sure what environmental conditions set it off).

N.B. I did try to right-click a Signet of Gold when the owning character was at "Max Carried Gold" for both his stash and his on-person hoard, and the Signet just stayed there (I could not "cash it in" as it were). Dropping a little gold does enable it to be consumed, but then it can only restore your gold up to the carried max, meaning that you can waste most of what the Signet could in theory give you. Anyway, these Signets drop quite frequently in Torajan Jungles, so it is really a minor issue.
roceteo242
Vampiress
35 | 2
I just tried oil of greater luck on honorific and it changed to the normal oil of luck.
Please add annotation in the description about exceptions. :D
deeds2
Stygian Watcher
42 | 0
hey guys.
i think its the best, when i use a translater :)

Necro weapon: Soul Reaver

I have enough data, if desired, to support my feedback.

I was looking for the simplest solution so that this build would find more users. :)

Of course you could create new items here, but the ones that exist are actually quite good.

some datas:
i dont have a perfect gear, but im extrem near on it. so the numbers are for a perfect eq.
vitality: 9500-10k
aura dmg - 17 or 25k (im not sure, what happent by so high numbers. my nec have 6500 vita and If the calculation continues, it remains the small number
life - not matter but 28k
fire piece - 110%

dmg bonus get only from vitality and fire piece. thats ok.

some data to make this apparent:
level 130 area (this charm ice area - forget name)

4 monster types give it here.
weakless unit - take 50-60% dmg - each aura attack)
2 weakless unit - 45-50%
3nd - 45&

this is the dmg, when the eq is perfect. but jsut 110% fire piece.
later more.

my nec make 2/3 of this dmg at the moment.

soo my idea to make it better :)

all items are good and its work.
i think the build need 180+ fire pieces.
and 90 dmg is to low. its a iIvI 120 item..

Soul Reaver
Two-Hand Damage: 82 to 84
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 120
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
Mega Impact
-50% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+1 to Ravenous Flames
(65 to 75)% to All Attributes
+200 Life on Melee Attack
Requirements -100%
Socketed (6)

my idea: we change 2 things:
dmg: dmg is to low. nobody can play in hell with 3-5k dex, meele, no life, low str.. thats suizid.
im not sure, if 500 dmg maybe to high. but the build have so extrem less life.. so he need dmg. and 500 dmg is normal for endgame. this build need some new items.. that it can work. or give the build a chance to survival meele. i have no idea how. its a disaster :) maybe life leech can help.. like 500 leech.. but dunno. vs range units is this build feed.. dunno..
Another attempt would be to give dex defense. so that the necro can somehow survive

Soul Reaver

Two-Hand Damage: 82 to 84 - 510-512

(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 120
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
Mega Impact

-100%-120% to Enemy Fire Resistance ( 100 is enouth. with relics, gear, charms u can get 190 or so)

+1 to Ravenous Flames
(65 to 75)% to All Attributes
+200 Life on Melee Attack
Requirements -100%
Socketed (6)
the last one, who got many resi or life - 15-20% dmg

ah and radios + pr is bugged.

the physic resi bugg is pro for the build. its bugged.. but good for us.

the radios is extrem buggy..
my necro have 8 radios. thats the half screem. thats less. but my nec every part of the gear needs. You could use the worms to increase the radios by giving them energy. but it's not all perfect either.
I'm currently building an energy worms. then I can tell you what effect that has.

If the radio bug disappears, there could also be another solution:
For example, the shoes are exchanged. And the Necro 500-600 has more energy, almost 40 more radios.
The fact that the aura dmg is reduced as a result (which also works properly) should be acceptable.

If somehow the radio goes back to around 1.5 screems, the auradin would be active again :) and believe me, this build is anything but op or too strong. Kill speed is far from being at the forefront. but finally usable!

meta!
If this build is to be a meta build, it would somehow have to have 199 pieces and instead of 6 vitality doing 1% dmg, change this to 3 vitality. then we are in meta niviao. and still useless against bosses. :)

i have a lot of data.. so let me know if u want more. many of them is jsut math :) but this build is just calculator :)
deeds2
Stygian Watcher
42 | 0
ahh maybe is that important..

After this build I'm thinking about building a necro for soul eater. the skill is also very interesting. And here you probably only have to change 2.3 small things for the build to work :)