Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
The orange stat on artemesia's authority says that it adds 4-5 dmg per hammer of zerae base level, would this apply if I were using a relic? or does it require actual talent points in the skill?
Sandwhiches
Acid Prince
48 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
does -% to Enemy Elemental Resistances include phys/magic spell dmg?
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Sandwhiches wrote:does -% to Enemy Elemental Resistances include phys/magic spell dmg?

No from what I gather the intended purpose of magic dmg is I hit you for 100 magic dmg, you lose 100 hp. It can’t be mitigated via pierce/resistance except in rare cases like the awakening body armour. You can use spell focus/magic spell dmg/skill ups to make that number bigger if it’s an attacking spell like pally vessels but only skill ups will work for a buff like ecstatic frenzy for zons.

Physical spell dmg/spell focus/skill ups will buff physical dmg that doesn’t come as a result of a weapon. So this will work for pally vessels (one is magic the other is physical). But it won’t do anything for say zon bow attacks since their skills use a weapon dmg modifier.

So if I hit you for 100 magic dmg, you lose 100 hp. If I hit you for 100 physical spell dmg, you can cut that in half by caping your physical resist.
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Can someone help me install median xl? I have the game files unzipped on my pc but when I point the launcher to the game folder it says it can't find a valid installation of the base game.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
602 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Gale Force has this: "Now deals up to an additional 400% weapon damage in melee only (depends on target size)".
This wouldnt apply to poison damage of the hit would it?
suhasbhat26
Skeleton
3 | 0
why eve of destruction is made level 125 requirement? it was 120 earlier
i find it takes lot of time to level up at 113 at worldstone keep levels
metasequoia
Cog
220 | 19
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
suhasbhat26 wrote:why eve of destruction is made level 125 requirement? it was 120 earlier
i find it takes lot of time to level up at 113 at worldstone keep levels

theres plenty other options for leveling at this point, 110 opens up Cow Lvl and Torajan Jungles, 115 opens up K3K, High Heavens and Tran Athulua, 120 opens up Teganze and Duncraig. Voila, 125 here you go.

Check out https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/quests/rifts for further info.
BearBearderBarb
Azure Drake
163 | 17
Semigloss wrote:Gale Force has this: "Now deals up to an additional 400% weapon damage in melee only (depends on target size)".
This wouldnt apply to poison damage of the hit would it?

Judging by the wording it's a multihit damage, so poison will apply only a fraction of it. I strongly doubt they would allow WDMs over 200% on fast hitting skills anyway, due to how it scales leech also.
Jam_Sack
Cultist
24 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can clear a few things up for me regarding earth regarding earthquake and shower of rocks for earthshaker barbarian.

A) Do these skills benefit from "physical/magical spell damage"?
B) Is earthquake tremor and aftershock considered a spell and would benefit from spell focus (similar to how lemures for UHM paladin benefits from cold spell damage + cold pierce)?
C) Is it potentially more optimal to stack "life/mana stolen per hit" instead of "life/mana on melee attack" since earthquake and shower of rocks are physical damage?

Thanks in advance!
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1459 | 64
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Jam_Sack wrote:Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can clear a few things up for me regarding earth regarding earthquake and shower of rocks for earthshaker barbarian.

A) Do these skills benefit from "physical/magical spell damage"?
B) Is earthquake tremor and aftershock considered a spell and would benefit from spell focus (similar to how lemures for UHM paladin benefits from cold spell damage + cold pierce)?
C) Is it potentially more optimal to stack "life/mana stolen per hit" instead of "life/mana on melee attack" since earthquake and shower of rocks are physical damage?

Thanks in advance!

A. SPELL damage works for SPELLS, eq and sor are attacks. Lemures and blood thorns have stat synergy to tell you that they are scaled with spell stats
B. Spell focus increases the stat synergy of spells, if something doesnt have a stat synergy, sf does nothing
C. Sure, but leech is heavily reduced on bosses