Wyrd based character?

Discuss Median XL!
mArD
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hi. Got fed up with D3 ROS. Resorting back to median seemed like a sound choice. Now I'm wondering wheter som wyrd o-skill based character would be top tier viable? I used to enjoy wyrd/ATMG sin, even in untwinked play. I'm also trying to decide if I'm gonna go pouncezon with ability to respec to bow for some ubers or play ele druid and switch to werewolf for farmin later on. Any suggestions?
hellgrind
Mangler
458 | 21
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Every wdm char can benefit from wyrd. just pick one and go for it.
Borgin
Stygian Watcher
42 | 3
Like you said, OP, I think the best char for Wyrd is the 'sin, as the Ways are very powerful with Wyrd. However, hellgrind isn't wrong- just about any class can make pretty good use of Wyrd, as long as you invest in getting high weapon damage or a ton of elemental damage from gear or passives.
hellgrind
Mangler
458 | 21
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Kraken stance barb could be good. For single targets just use stormblast.
Borgin
Stygian Watcher
42 | 3
hellgrind wrote:Kraken stance barb could be good. For single targets just use stormblast.

Definitely true but you'd have to basically play a non-Wyrd build until ~100... not a huge problem, but then you aren't really playing a "Wyrd-based character" for most of the game. :)
RollsRoyce
Djinn
523 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
and you need to activate wyrd on left mouse button in the patch to be able to do so :)
RustySpork
Cultist
24 | 1
There's a build in guides section (not mine) that's Javazon based, reeeally good and quite powerful, but it requires a certain item to be viable. Its the danmaku SU athulua's hand, which has 25% CTC javelin on strike, and 10% CTC javelin nova on kill. It's really a fun build.
hellgrind
Mangler
458 | 21
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
@rusty
so you're saying that if i don't have this item i can't play javazon ? Seriously, stop telling that because some people can believe it and they will not play java at all. You should say it's "best in slot" item but with other shields java is also really strong.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
he didn't claim such thing, the guide he mentions is in fact a wyrd javazon (not ALL javazons as you are saying) and he said it's required for it to be viable, which is not the same as saying you can't play it at all. Learn2read.
Monkey King
264 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Saying something isn't viable implies it is super bad and unplayable. (there's hardly any not viable stuff in median)
Javazon without danmaku is gimped, but not bad, and definitely playable.
Semanitcs difficult stuff.