Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Im following the str melee Necro from stealth
Swicky2113
Prowler
18 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
This is my first time really getting into destruction, so I apologize for all the questions. Just trying to get some direction, since obtaining the full set seems like a very loooong process.
Ever_A_Noob
Pit Knight
110 | 1
shnurr214 wrote:What in your guys opinion is the most efficient Toraja farmer that could be done In a new ladder?

Any other answers for this one? Sounds like any RC necro is ideal, x-bow, summoner, which is best? My melee necro gets arrowed to shreds there.
Ever_A_Noob
Pit Knight
110 | 1
Swicky2113 wrote:obtaining the full set seems like a very loooong process.

K3KBA is a great place to farm sets. Getting full Rathma's kinda sucks due to ancient armor being in the highest treasure class (I presume similar drop mechanics to LoD). What really made the difference for my melee necro was finding
Vizharan
so I could buff with Tainted Blood and Dragonheart before running into packs (it's only an SU, so finding one in normal destruction areas is feasible).
Swicky2113
Prowler
18 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Damn so everyone is playing melee Necro haha. Wonder if I should switch to xbow.
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
You'll end up playing Xbow a little bit anyways -- at the very least, judgement day is MEGA easy with xbow nec
Swicky2113
Prowler
18 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Is there another character that doesn't rely on sets?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
no , every character relies on sets . you can't play this mod without sets .
► Show Spoiler
Edited by ChuckNoRis 7 years.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Ever_A_Noob wrote:
shnurr214 wrote:What in your guys opinion is the most efficient Toraja farmer that could be done In a new ladder?

Any other answers for this one? Sounds like any RC necro is ideal, x-bow, summoner, which is best? My melee necro gets arrowed to shreds there.

Ideal way to farm toraja is to grind morlu lilith spawns and not the actual level.

You want a build that has high def, fast cast rate, and ideally passive damage to kill morlu so you can focus on spamming erydem.

You get morlu to jump over the fence (where lilith is) by spamming erydem next to the fence. After enough have jumped over, use teleport to draw them away from the fence (and lilith's broadside) somewhere along the line of the entrance portal, then kill and repeat. If lilith is in your screen or you can kill morlu next to the fence with ranged passive damage, you get even more draws.

Any VoR pala does well there. Holy has Solar Flare to complement, unholy Slayer/SoD. Tantrumdin should also be very good although haven't played one. Can't use Divine Apparition though because of freeze bug.

Broadsin is suprisingly good with decent gear/charms/maxblock despite lacking fcr.

Necro summoner should be good with high defense and decent life jewels. Life regen is tied to sacrifice/LAEK which becomes messy so I'd recommend using something like inner fire belt instead.

Should try making A5 merc survive lilith's broadside with DR/life setup so he can survive next to the fence, that would enable crazy fast farming speed.

With your necro you could try A3 bloodmage for killing morlu while you focus on spamming erydem (if you don't want to respec). Haven't tried that though.
Edited by cowking 7 years.
Crash
Madawc
6801 | 329
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
cowking wrote:
Ever_A_Noob wrote:

Ideal way to farm toraja is to grind morlu lilith spawns and not the actual level.

You want a build that has high def, fast cast rate, and ideally passive damage to kill morlu so you can focus on spamming erydem.

Those are just what I've tried. Should try making A5 merc survive lilith's broadside with DR/life setup so he can survive next to the fence, that would enable crazy fast farming speed.

To add to the comment of getting an a5 merc, two pieces of the community set will give you wolf stance and it should apply to minions/mercs? Crafted balefire flamberge with 6x Sha runes and orbed with miasma on attack is an awesome sword, especially since there isn't a huge area that has to be convered, so miasma and balefire will hit and slow very often.

I have to stick with summoner nec though. Get the damage buff totems, wolf stance on RMB, and alternate between edyrem and black mass spam on LMB. Edyrem should survive surprisingly long for the attack speed boost and LoSiM from Black Mass. It jsut becomes a matter of which enemy's shield is down and which enemy is being targeted.

Tantrumdin does fairly well. I've tried that before, but only with the help of another UHC paladin for edyrem spam and more damage/aoe.