Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
My wife and social obligations only allow me to play for around 7 minutes a week, please buff drops.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
621 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ChuckNoRis wrote:Since when there is "no trade in SP" or "MP trades more than SP"? people claiming that have no clue what they are talking about . Trading in SP is still done by hundreds(if not thousands) of users, just its done via private messages or private emails instead of posting on forums, to avoid any conflicts with the forum general/public rules.

Sounds like some weird secret underground illegal network :mrgreen:

(not that I have a problem with it, you do you, just thought it sounded funny)
Listerine
Acid Prince
46 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
berry117 wrote:My wife and social obligations only allow me to play for around 7 minutes a week, please buff drops.

I feel personally attacked :)
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
193 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Neyhanis wrote:
teodar wrote: The droprates of those were buffed btw. But they are useless to me! There are no runewords with only normal or enchanted runes that beat the bow dudu set i farmed in kurast and dunc.

Putting aside the sp/mp droprates debate, if this is your first or second char in MXL, did you perhaps know that you can MO items before adding a runeword to them? Unless you're looking for some very specific stats on an unique weapon, this will very often/most of the time make RWs stronger for physical weapons.

Let's give a quick example : If you use an druid "Recurve Bow" ethereal (base dmg x 1.25) with +50% enhanced damage, add 5x MOs with +5% enhanced damage (for a total of +125% enhanced damage pre-RW). Now add some jewels and put the runes in for
Dirge

Dirge
Druid Bows

'QorJahSil'
Runeword Level: 100
Allows an Additional Bear Companion
25% Chance to cast level 20 Crucify on Death Blow
50% Attack Speed
Adds 55-110 Damage
+(166 to 195)% Enhanced Damage
10% Deadly Strike
+(25 to 35)% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+(150 to 200) to Dexterity
Physical Resist (5 to 10)%
+5 Life on Striking
, and you end up with a total of +325% enhanced damage (and 55-110 from RW), which would be a total of 464 - 566 physical damage, and lvl 120 required.

This might help you out quite a bit if you play SP and play physical WDM attackers.
Here's another example, for a throwing knife, with average rolls on the RW and only 4x MOs before putting in the RW :
► knife

Would like some more explanation on this, is this intended?
What are the exact mechanics for stats being increased by RW creation?
Marrt
Djinn
521 | 76
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
CorralTheTroops wrote:Would like some more explanation on this, is this intended?

The only thing affected by this when creating RW is mo's with %ED (enhanced damage/defense/larzuk UMO). Items have a cap of 200% ED, but this can be bypassed by adding sockets with %ED (e.g. jah runes on weapons will increase the %ED of the weapon even after 200%). For RW's it works in a similar way, because the base item is also considered "separate" and its %ED will be added on top of what the RW rolls. You have to add these mo's before making the RW though, since after making the RW it will probably have more than 200% ED and adding these mo's after that will not have any effect.
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
193 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Marrt wrote:
CorralTheTroops wrote:Would like some more explanation on this, is this intended?

The only thing affected by this when creating RW is mo's with %ED (enhanced damage/defense/larzuk UMO). Items have a cap of 200% ED, but this can be bypassed by adding sockets with %ED (e.g. jah runes on weapons will increase the %ED of the weapon even after 200%). For RW's it works in a similar way, because the base item is also considered "separate" and its %ED will be added on top of what the RW rolls. You have to add these mo's before making the RW though, since after making the RW it will probably have more than 200% ED and adding these mo's after that will not have any effect.

Very cool, tyvm!