Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Mountaincreature
Sasquatch
60 | 1
Hello fellow median addicts pretty new to the forum but ive been creeping around for a while reading up. 8-)

Ive gotten all classes to 120 (except barb is chillin at 87 getting rdy to do lc2) and gotten all basic charms, only a couple harder level ones left mostly using bowazon and pounce. Also got assur+trphy, qouv tsin and bpr. Decided its time to start the dreaded heroics ive been putting off...

Now ive been trying to take down belial with no luck. I am getting my ass handed to me almost instantly as a bowa with not bad gear.at ~-140 tri enemy res with her. Tried unholy caster as well thinking tainted blood and apples might negate crazy health degen so I could get off a few spells and maybe get lucky. Hes using set with -199 ene light res both chars have around 10khp.I play SP. What techniques do you guys use to take belial down? I thought terul was hard before I tried spellbind+ phalanx on him. But now I know that and its not so tough. I figure its the same principle with this guy but the tactics are obviously more complex...pretty sure I ll need to farm this charm for a good one though so I need some ideas/strategies.thanks! I am no pro :(
suchbalance
Team Member
1759 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Hey there - for belial poison resistance or regeneration won't help you much. He has a burning nova that sets your HP down to 1 in a few seconds so the only way to survive it is to dodge it. This can only be reliably done if you reroll the Icy cellar until it spawns with a solid middle. You can then use this to your advantage and dodge his most dangerous ability.

If you want to do him with your bowzon and want more in-depth strategy check out my Bowzon guide and scroll down to the Belial section.
Mountaincreature
Sasquatch
60 | 1
Thanks suchbalance, hope I can pull it off! I am looking forward to the changes surrounding charms in the 2016 patch! :oops:
Mountaincreature
Sasquatch
60 | 1
I did it! Followed your strategy suchbalance thanks again. Somehow pulled it off with him already spawned and no rip modifier. 168hp and 450~ mana :|
formxl
Dark Huntress
14 | 2
Do items with +% minion life/damage/resistance/attack rating apply to reanimates?
How exactly does the penalty from Deathlord morph work with minions and does it apply to reanimates?
Monkey King
264 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
formxl wrote:Do items with +% minion life/damage/resistance/attack rating apply to reanimates?
How exactly does the penalty from Deathlord morph work with minions and does it apply to reanimates?

minion stats don't apply to reanimates
deathlord reduces minion stats by 50%, so if you have +100%minion life on items then with deathlord active you only get +50%
formxl
Dark Huntress
14 | 2
01001010 wrote:deathlord reduces minion stats by 50%, so if you have +100%minion life on items then with deathlord active you only get +50%

Do the base stats get reduced by 50%? For example if I do not have any items with +% to minions stats, the base life and damage of summons get reduced by 50%?
Monkey King
264 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
no
Bulooka
Lava Lord
91 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Does windform for barbs not work properly in TSW? I feel like i'm jumping all over the place, lagging the connection, and only hitting the monsters 40% of the time. I'm rubberbanding like a motherfucker.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Bulooka wrote:Does windform for barbs not work properly in TSW? I feel like i'm jumping all over the place, lagging the connection, and only hitting the monsters 40% of the time. I'm rubberbanding like a motherfucker.

Do you have -34 total IAS on each of your weapons to hit the last breakpoint? Total IAS = WSM - IAS on weapon (charms etc. don't work).

Also make sure you're using at least range 1 weapons.

Check your ping with /ping command. Make sure you're not playing on singapore server or something, and make an exception for D2 in windows firewall.