Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Azathoth
Stone Warrior
32 | 1
Hi, is this any good? +9 and the - cold resist sounds like quite a lot, I'm wondering if I should keep it for trading or sell it to vendor.

Also, can someone please explain how the barbarian ranged magic damage works? Overkill says it only gives 2 magic damage, and I'm planning to use wolf stance with gladiator dominance (lion makes the char a bit fragile, but it would be the main magic damage source). Is there any way I can see the magic damage anywhere? My base dmg did not increase at all when I first picked gladiator's dominance.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
check overkill skill description to see the added magic dmg from gladiator's rage
Boonsketti
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
been playing for a while but i still dont know how to tell the difference between a SU, SSU, and SSSU item. is there any clear indicator?
Azathoth
Stone Warrior
32 | 1
Gekko64 wrote:check overkill skill description to see the added magic dmg from gladiator's rage

It just says "3 magic damage" and also that it has a synergy with gladiator's dominance, but nothing else.

Is overkill influenced by "cast rate" or by attack speed? It seems I've reached max speed with it and still feels a bit slow.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Boonsketti wrote:been playing for a while but i still dont know how to tell the difference between a SU, SSU, and SSSU item. is there any clear indicator?

Menu--> Game --> documentation --> items --> uniques --> sacred uniques. The ones on the left are SU the ones in the middle are SSU and the ones on the right side are SSSU
Stilgaron
Thunder Beetle
51 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HaveASmile wrote:I was wondering whether there's some kind of conventional wisdom as to when one should grind to level 121 (or even higher). The payoff seems barerly worth the grind required right now and with how often I'm dying unrecoverable deaths it's not gonna happen by accident. Just looking for some simple heuristics that worked for people in the past, such as "after you got 500 signets" or "after you're stuck on ubers" or something like that.
Also, any tips for the actual process? Cow level seems like the best choice. Playing a caster/trapsin. Would you say it's worth sacrificing killspeed for +experience (e.g. Lum craft jewels)?
Also, is the death penalty the same as in regular Diablo II (10% of the experience bar afaik)?

Only reason to grind to 121 is if you plan to use Xis runewords
mcspunk
Vampiress
38 | 3
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Just a question, when going totemnecro. Is it best go full laz or go Laz Chest+Helm+Belt and rest crafted?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
mcspunk wrote:Just a question, when going totemnecro. Is it best go full laz or go Laz Chest+Helm+Belt and rest crafted?

I'd say Chest helm and belt only. You get only +8 skills and +150 minion life as a full set bonus + the wand.

However you can get +13 skills and +265 minion life from a crafted marrow staff. + you can get lots of spelldamage, too.

However, if you need -enemy resist, the wand does look sexy. But damage never really was a problem for totemancer. I don't know how much it changed due to the patch though.
robizeratul
Vampiress
37 | 0
1 does multires still work in single player ?
2 whats the game resolution when playing online ?
mcspunk
Vampiress
38 | 3
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
HechtHeftig wrote:
mcspunk wrote:Just a question, when going totemnecro. Is it best go full laz or go Laz Chest+Helm+Belt and rest crafted?

I'd say Chest helm and belt only. You get only +8 skills and +150 minion life as a full set bonus + the wand.

However you can get +13 skills and +265 minion life from a crafted marrow staff. + you can get lots of spelldamage, too.

However, if you need -enemy resist, the wand does look sexy. But damage never really was a problem for totemancer. I don't know how much it changed due to the patch though.

So the 1+ on wnad doesnt do mutch?