Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Kostetus wrote:Are there any ranged/caster builds to farm TA/K3k/Dunc/Fautz with high enough MF and without dying too often?
But not sorc plz

trap rat.
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Kostetus
Balrog
139 | 1
Rishab wrote:
Kostetus wrote:Are there any ranged/caster builds to farm TA/K3k/Dunc/Fautz with high enough MF and without dying too often?
But not sorc plz

trap rat.

Any actual guides, plz? :roll:
Willshaper
Grubber
339 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Kostetus wrote:
Rishab wrote:
But not sorc plz

trap rat.

Any actual guides, plz? :roll:

From the guides section:

https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5638

Note: Only play Trap Rat if you want to play one of the most boring builds in MXL.
Rogue256
Destroyer
6 | 0
I have been going to the countess in black marsh on terror and the witch minigame does not start, its just the normal enemy's down there.
do i have to do something to get it to work ? no invisible witches..

Also i'm playing a barb and trying to make a erawan, so is it a ancient armour that is white any help would appreciated.
also this is the first time playing the median xl mod. clean 1.4 install with the median launcher no problem no crashes all good except the witches mini game.

lv120 barb with destruction opened. using spiral blades barb as a guide, don't understand the rune words gear.
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Rogue256 wrote:I have been going to the countess in black marsh on terror and the witch minigame does not start, its just the normal enemy's down there.

Also i'm playing a barb and trying to make a erawan, so is it a ancient armour that is white any help would appreciated.
also this is the first time playing the median xl mod. clean 1.4 install with the median launcher no problem no crashes all good except the witches mini game.

lv120 barb with destruction opened. using spiral blades barb as a guide, don't understand the rune words gear.

Both minigames have been removed since mxl2017 1.1
potapo_gourouni
Azure Drake
174 | 8
@Rouge256 Erawan is a runeword for body armors. You can make it in any GREY body armor. Ancient armor is the armor with the highest base defense in game. You can make a runeword in a WHITE item by making it socketable (GREY). If you've found a white Ancient Armor and you want to make an erawan with it, you should Cube it with 6 jewels first. You can find information in the Documentation, in the Runeword tab too.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Rogue256 wrote:I have been going to the countess in black marsh on terror and the witch minigame does not start, its just the normal enemy's down there.

How to runeword:

1: find a good base item (in case of
Erawan

Erawan
Body Armors

'LemKoCham'
Runeword Level: 83
15% Combat Speeds
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
(27 to 30)% to Strength
(27 to 30)% to Vitality
Physical Resist (13 to 15)%
(15 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
, get an ancient armor)
2: make it a superior white/grey item (cube with oil of enchantment to make a regular white item a superior white item)
3: reroll this base item with oil of renewal (1 merchant in each act offer those, like Gheed) until you roll 35% enhanced defense and either 6 or no sockets (if you have no sockets, you can still cube it with 6 jewels in order to get 6 sockets)
4: cube with oil of luck to get another 20% ED (or 1% Damage reduction). If it fails, go back to step 3
5: insert jewels that offer stats that you need (like life leach jewels, attack rating jewels or attack speed jewels)
6: insert the required rune (in case of Erawan a nih rune is required)
7: (optional step) unsocket the item with 3 Pgems and 1 oil of disjunction and put in the jewels and the rune until you roll the best stats possible, depending on your needs (in case of Erawan the best possible amount of damage reduction, total character defense and ED)
BTracer
Banned
99 | 3
Necromancer's Deathlord morph, if I understand correctly, doesn't have a casting animation (or rather it uses the attack animation), and in SpeedCalc, the FCR section is grayed out when Deathlord is selected. Does that mean items/skills that grant FCR are useless while in morph? Or does IAS and FCR affect the same animation but in different ways?
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
HechtHeftig wrote:How to runeword:

1: find a good base item (in case of
Erawan

Erawan
Body Armors

'LemKoCham'
Runeword Level: 83
15% Combat Speeds
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
(27 to 30)% to Strength
(27 to 30)% to Vitality
Physical Resist (13 to 15)%
(15 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
, get an ancient armor)
2: make it a superior white/grey item (cube with oil of enchantment to make a regular white item a superior white item)
3: reroll this base item with oil of renewal (1 merchant in each act offer those, like Gheed) until you roll 35% enhanced defense and either 6 or no sockets (if you have no sockets, you can still cube it with 6 jewels in order to get 6 sockets)
4: cube with oil of luck to get another 20% ED (or 1% Damage reduction). If it fails, go back to step 3
5: insert jewels that offer stats that you need (like life leach jewels, attack rating jewels or attack speed jewels)
6: insert the required rune (in case of Erawan a nih rune is required)
7: (optional step) unsocket the item with 3 Pgems and 1 oil of disjunction and put in the jewels and the rune until you roll the best stats possible, depending on your needs (in case of Erawan the best possible amount of damage reduction, total character defense and ED)

I think that oil of enchantment makes it magical now, making it grey/white with the catalyst gives you a superior one.

Items with defense roll %ed and base defense, something like 2875 to 3560 and 0-35%. You should look at the defense not the %ed. Take for example 3400*1,30 that would be your lower end of a good roll for ancient armor. So you look at the defense (and sockets) only if its above 4400 it's a good roll (4806=perfect). Now you want a good roll at oil of luck.

Example the base armor has 2875 def and 35% ed most people would think it's good but it just has 3881 defense (That's still 1000 def lower than perfect!) while a base with 3560 def has 3880 defense at 9% ED. So stop looking at ED unless you want to check for the luck oil roll.

For weapons just look at %ed and sockets.
Tokii
Acid Prince
47 | 3
But not sorc plz

I think you will find it harder to find a build that can NOT farm these places :P
Just get ~12k hp+ and cap your animation frames (fhr,ias,fcr and so on) and you should have very little trouble if your dmg is sufficient.