Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
oprah
Fallen
1 | 0
Recently got an alembic belt. It rolled 7 to sacred armor and 6 to demiurge yet it only adds 3 points to each. Everything is equipped and i swap weapons to "refresh" my character. My demi goes from 34 to 37 and sacred does the same. Is this a known bug?
ZeroForte
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
You are using paladin. That's why it's capped to +3. If you give item to other char, it gets full bonus.
wootmcgyver
Prowler
18 | 0
I'm lvl 140, and trying to get lvl 141 seems like it'll be nearly impossible in Bremmtown. What are my options? Do I have options?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Imperius wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:if you want to make use of the avoid , then you must also put points into Elvensong (see symbiosis bonus) , as Faerie Fire alone does not provide a significant amount of it ; still , FF + the Symbiosis boost is a valid choice to reach a high chance to avoid

Well, i am lvl 121 and have around 300 on str i think, i am using 3 elves, dont remember how much points were invested but i have between 15-18% avoid with 26k primary damage with PA, how much you think it can go up if i put one point into FoN?
I dont want to waste my reset with something relatively irrelevant.
Sorry for the long post into the SQT.
the damage would go around 30k , so it's not realy worth it unless you go full strength . better keep the extra avoid setup
Sharkattactical
Rust Claw
88 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Im building a fire sorc, and I'm curious if there's a cap on %fire damage, or will I get more damage indefinitely, the more I upgrade/mo fire skill damage?
jiallombardo
Prowler
17 | 0
How to know whether a skill is affected by "+X to Y spell damage" modifier? For example, Bladestorm (sorceress melee skill) appears to be unaffected by that, as well as moonstrike. Does that whole branch work like that, or are there exceptions?

Also, does crushing blow / death strike work with Bladestorm? It appears that "on melee strike" procs do work when attacking with bladestorm, but I'm not sure I ever saw CB / DS work...
Sharkattactical
Rust Claw
88 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
jiallombardo wrote:How to know whether a skill is affected by "+X to Y spell damage" modifier? For example, Bladestorm (sorceress melee skill) appears to be unaffected by that, as well as moonstrike. Does that whole branch work like that, or are there exceptions?

Also, does crushing blow / death strike work with Bladestorm? It appears that "on melee strike" procs do work when attacking with bladestorm, but I'm not sure I ever saw CB / DS work...

http://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=186
jiallombardo
Prowler
17 | 0
Sharkattactical wrote:
jiallombardo wrote:How to know whether a skill is affected by "+X to Y spell damage" modifier? For example, Bladestorm (sorceress melee skill) appears to be unaffected by that, as well as moonstrike. Does that whole branch work like that, or are there exceptions?

So does that mean that bladestorm / wraithblades aren't considered spells (and therefore have CB / DS)? And Fusilade IS a spell? What about the homing blades spawned by bladestorm / wraithblades -- do those have CB / DS as well?
Sharkattactical
Rust Claw
88 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
jiallombardo wrote:
Sharkattactical wrote:

So does that mean that bladestorm / wraithblades aren't considered spells (and therefore have CB / DS)? And Fusilade IS a spell? What about the homing blades spawned by bladestorm / wraithblades -- do those have CB / DS as well?

As I understand it, as long as the skill carries weapon damage, CB and DS are applied.

Still looking for a reply to this please,
Sharkattactical wrote:Im building a fire sorc, and I'm curious if there's a cap on %fire damage, or will I get more damage indefinitely, the more I upgrade/mo fire skill damage?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
you cannot reach the damage cap with fire spells , don't worry . get as high as you can