Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
d0dulk0 wrote:
Emelianenko wrote:So is there anyway to re-roll rare jewelry anymore? Like amulets and rings. Please let me know. THX!

nope

I have a question myself,
What are the breakpoints for trap rat druid ? do i need IAS for quill storm and wall? or FCR ? how much? is it just the numbers i get on speed calc for druid with 1H swing?
thanks

You don't need any IAS because you use Ferocity (240% IAS) unless there is a breakpoint somewhere beyond 300% because I don't notice a difference in attacking with gear or naked. As far as FCR, you can't figure it out with speed calc.
wootmcgyver
Prowler
18 | 0
jueston wrote:in throne of destruction in hell i can't enter portal to worldstone chamber. the portal is for eve of destruction dungeon instead.

what am i doing wrong?

Is it in hell? Hell Baal requires lvl 120, and quite frankly is a beast. I wouldn't attempt that fight w/o 10+ charms and a full set of SUs.
wootmcgyver
Prowler
18 | 0
lastxresort wrote:Do SU's or Sets make a sound when they drop? Is it possible to always show drops?
Thanks

https://www.median-xl.com/tools.php You want what's called "D2stats reader." It's essentially a customizable item filter that will notify you when certain things drop (depending on your settings). It can also directly compare 2 pieces of gear to tell you which one is better.

Sets and Sacred Uniques don't make a unique sound, but I'm with you in that they should.
adamo68
Abomination
147 | 57
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Does the Umbaru Treasure consume the Essence?

Do different essences result in different chances to effect certain stats?

Thanks!
Liobal
Cultist
20 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
adamo68 wrote:Does the Umbaru Treasure consume the Essence?

Thanks!

Yes, the treasure consumes the essence, up to 25 essences.

No, all essences work the same nowadays.
jiallombardo
Prowler
17 | 0
I was finishing nightmare difficulty, when I noticed Baal casting singularities, and in fact the final location was labeled as "Eve of Destruction". I was able to beat him (lvl 104), but why did that quest open up, isn't it supposed to be in Hell difficulty only?

Also, is there any sort of reward for it? I didn't get anything but a usual drop (a couple of tiered uniques and some shards). The documentation doesn't list any reward either.
BaraLover
Rust Claw
83 | 1
jiallombardo wrote:I was finishing nightmare difficulty, when I noticed Baal casting singularities, and in fact the final location was labeled as "Eve of Destruction". I was able to beat him (lvl 104), but why did that quest open up, isn't it supposed to be in Hell difficulty only?

Also, is there any sort of reward for it? I didn't get anything but a usual drop (a couple of tiered uniques and some shards). The documentation doesn't list any reward either.

It probably does the quest notification because Hell Baal is considered a uber boss so the other two difficulties get the notification as well. The only reward for it is a new title for your character.
adamo68
Abomination
147 | 57
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Liobal wrote:
adamo68 wrote:Does the Umbaru Treasure consume the Essence?

Thanks!

Yes, the treasure consumes the essence, up to 25 essences.

No, all essences work the same nowadays.

Thanks so much! If you hit the 25 essences can you reset it?

Looks like I got a bunch of Teganze runs to do.
GodisJealous
Sasquatch
67 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hey!, so my question is about Magic Find synergy with Summons and Merc.
How does Merc work with magic find? is his MF independent of yours and if he gets the kill it rolls with his MF, or does it get added to yours? Does "who gets the kill" matter?

Second part is with Summons (barbarian), i realised Life/mana after each kill Doesn't work when mob was killed by my summons, but now it makes me wonder, will the Magic find of my barbarian not count if the mob is killed by my summons?

Thank you!
TheError
Rust Claw
82 | 1
If your merc gets the kill, your MF is added to his so yes, if you got a merc and both have MF it'll be even better if he kills (from what I know).