Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
casually1987
Thunder Beetle
54 | 1
found a cornerstone of the world with +1 death strike. need to know if it's viable or useful in any way.

as far as i can tell it isn't.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
you can throw it away
casually1987
Thunder Beetle
54 | 1
Thanks, also wondering about The Void uber quest. How rare are the sevel sigils for making the ring? I tried killing the boss in the plane of sloth and the plane of greed but neither dropped a scroll. I was killing the plane of sloth boss for around 30 mins and nothing happened. (killed him about 30 times).
is there an insanely low drop rate on the sigils or am I missing something?

Also concerning the Umbaru treasure. is it supposed to cube super shitty? I have been putting runestones and elemental essences into it but mines in the negatives. I"m wondering if it's supposed to go like this because I see some people with +50 or more stats in an Umbaru treasure. example this person https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=VN-Seox
Celestialray
Gravedigger
192 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Celestialray wrote:Is there any way I can ask for a tg refund if I sent tg to a person and he didn't trade me the item? There's this guy that was supposed to trade me an unique mystic orb but he probably stopped playing and forgot to send it to me after I sent him the tg. As proof, I still have the message in outbox and he hasn't been active for the past 6 days or so.

Can I get a response on this?

casually1987 wrote:Thanks, also wondering about The Void uber quest. How rare are the sevel sigils for making the ring? I tried killing the boss in the plane of sloth and the plane of greed but neither dropped a scroll. I was killing the plane of sloth boss for around 30 mins and nothing happened. (killed him about 30 times).

Also concerning the Umbaru treasure. is it supposed to cube super shitty? I have been putting runestones and elemental essences into it but mines in the negatives. I"m wondering if it's supposed to go like this because I see some people with +50 or more stats in an Umbaru treasure. example this person https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=VN-Seox

Drop chance of sloth scroll is extremely small. You need to kill him as fast as possible to get it in a reasonable amount of time. Think of it being as rare as a trophy, maybe even rarer.

Umbaru treasure is tricky.. I reseted it several times myself and it's a matter of luck. People that have 50+ stats probably used the mystic shard on it which adds an additional of (11-50) stats. Ideally, you want to finish one with 25+ to the attributes you need. Get one, use essence. If you get - on it, get another and start over. There's no reason not to start over when the first essence is bad, so do it as much times as you want. I usually reset it at half way (10 essences) if I don't like it.
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Celestialray wrote:
Celestialray wrote:Is there any way I can ask for a tg refund if I sent tg to a person and he didn't trade me the item? There's this guy that was supposed to trade me an unique mystic orb but he probably stopped playing and forgot to send it to me after I sent him the tg. As proof, I still have the message in outbox and he hasn't been active for the past 6 days or so.

You might have missed the response to your original post. Did you try private messaging an admin?

Hyperstimulated
Jungle Hunter
25 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
i recently hit 120 as a fairly new melee sorc. what sort of stats should i be looking at having to complete duncraig. i can kill most things but some of the teleport jumps i just get lynched and evaporate
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Does Amazon/Javelin_tree/Fairy_ring use FCR rather than IAS? It appears to use the cast animation. The 20 shots per corpse fire at the same rate regardless of either?

Additionally, is
Gallowlaugh
Gallowlaugh
Amulet

Required Level: 110
Item Level: 110
+1 to All Skills
+50% Bonus to Poison Skill Duration
-(20 to 30)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+1 to Sacrifices
Poison Length Reduced by 50%
+ a well crafted javelin better than
Titan's Revenge
Titan's Revenge
Maiden Javelin (Sacred)

Throw Damage: 263 to (364 - 439)
One-Hand Damage: 188 to (262 - 337)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 120
Required Strength:
697 to 930
Required Dexterity: 1350 to 1800
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
Shieldmaiden: +15% Weapon Physical Damage per character level above 120
10% Chance to cast level 1 Javelin on Striking
+4 to Amazon Skill Levels
Adds 50-(100 to 175) Damage
(15 to 20)% Life stolen per Hit
+200% Enhanced Damage
Maximum Elemental Resists +1%
Requirements +(125 to 200)%
Socketed (3)
?

Please and thank you.
casually1987
Thunder Beetle
54 | 1
Celestialray wrote:

casually1987 wrote:Thanks, also wondering about The Void uber quest. How rare are the sevel sigils for making the ring? I tried killing the boss in the plane of sloth and the plane of greed but neither dropped a scroll. I was killing the plane of sloth boss for around 30 mins and nothing happened. (killed him about 30 times).

Drop chance of sloth scroll is extremely small. You need to kill him as fast as possible to get it in a reasonable amount of time. Think of it being as rare as a trophy, maybe even rarer.

Umbaru treasure is tricky.. I reseted it several times myself and it's a matter of luck. People that have 50+ stats probably used the mystic shard on it which adds an additional of (11-50) stats. Ideally, you want to finish one with 25+ to the attributes you need. Get one, use essence. If you get - on it, get another and start over. There's no reason not to start over when the first essence is bad, so do it as much times as you want. I usually reset it at half way (10 essences) if I don't like it.

how do you reset the umbaru treasure? do you mean just kill Terul again and get a new one?

Also how do you do the void, just kill the bosses like the sloth or the greed boss? I tried killing the plane of greed one (Griswold) i think and he didnt drop anything. he died and didnt seem to respawn. maybe the ghosts there drop it?
Crescent
Cultist
23 | 2
Playing SP i've killed a few heavy armed creatures in Dimensional Lab - Unstable anomaly, Ghabard the Weak, Navigators, a lot of heroes (like a barbarian etc.). They all have a label, which says they drop *something special* - sacred uniques for anomaly, for example.

Confused by these labels, i thinked the drop rate of written things must be 100%, but it's don't.

Looks like it works in around 50/50 cases.

Is this a bug?
Edited by Crescent 4 years.
Crescent
Cultist
23 | 2
casually1987 wrote:
Celestialray wrote:

how do you reset the umbaru treasure? do you mean just kill Terul again and get a new one?

Also how do you do the void, just kill the bosses like the sloth or the greed boss? I tried killing the plane of greed one (Griswold) i think and he didnt drop anything. he died and didnt seem to respawn. maybe the ghosts there drop it?

The first - yep, it's the only way. Drop a bad one, take & try a new one.

The second - there's the answer you're searching for.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=124&p=315230&hilit=The+Void#p315230

And only Sloth's drop rate <100%, all anothers must be killed no more than once to get a ring's part. Maybe you've missed a drop somehow. If you use D2Stats, it'll not notify such items by default.

Keep in mnd, that the last one, who drops the ring itself, spawns not every time (i think, it's around 20% to spawn). If he's spawned, you'll find him near the red portal in room with many lightning bolts at the end of whole dungeon.