Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
akbugger wrote:
Jampula wrote:
akbugger wrote:How does Assassin Psionic Storm skill scale? Only base energy points? Does investing in items that give Energy bonus/spell damage/EF work with this skill?

Only base energy, skill points and Doom (reducing enemy magic res).

Interesting. So once can equip this build with Abandoned crafts/dex gear and still mantain maximum spell damage of Psionic Storm w/o bothering with spell damage/EF etc?

Sure why not, but you need the base energy so Abandoned crafts are kinda weak.
akbugger
Pit Knight
101 | 3
Jampula wrote:Sure why not, but you need the base energy so Abandoned crafts are kinda weak.

Yea, I guess. Tnx!
Anarabor
Imp
5 | 0
When selecting a mercenary from A2, when opening his inventory, the game crashes. Is there a way to solve the problem?
shrimp
Daystar
693 | 14
reinstall i guess :roll:
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi.

Again I have a question about legacy options. I have "enabled" these two options i.e. 3d sound and environmental effects, well legacy option for those two settings were added in preferences file but I'm not sure does the game take effect it should, when comparing music in first town to another mod, there is some difference, yet in mxl in main town there is a rain so I can't pick the sound correctly, though I think that it works. ;-|

Is there any way to check this, I'm curious about it now. I'm talking about mxl of course, picture is just for reference.

I see that in the debuglog, indirectsound is detected by game "correctly" since if I turn on EAX I won't get this message "DirectSound progress: Unsupported EAX or EAX emulation"

Yet, maybe this legacy option isn't available in sigma engine :?:

It should be "legacy_sound_mixer": x,
where x=0 for off, 1 for 3d sound, and 2 for both options enabled.

Thank You :mrgreen:
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Don't bother with "legacy" options which you can't find inside this file.

Code: Select all

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Diablo II\Sound Mixer
3D Sound	Environmental Effects	Value
off off 0
on off 1
on on 2

Code: Select all

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Diablo II\Positional Bias
3D Bias		Value
minimum 0
default 50
maximum 100

I'm not sure whether these options are used properly is Sigma, but the game is definitely read them from respective registry keys.
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Diablo and some other mods will read values from the registry, that is how I found out the name for that option.

But Sigma will read values from preferences file, at least I don't remember seeing reg keys related to sigma or maybe I've forgot to check the whole registry...anyway, that's why I asked is this option available in sigma as legacy option.

Though no big deal, I do have good speakers available so the difference would not be that big, I think.

But I think I can check and compare sound with audacity, it shouldn't be too hard at all from what I can see. :-P

Thanks

EDIT:

Well, it seems that legacy option works fine. :D
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Like I said it before, adding legacy_sound_mixer or legacy_positional_bias to preferences.json does nothing for these particular options, the game read their parameters directly from the registry keys. That is if you enabled 3D Sound when you were playing vanilla d2 or any other mod then it might work in Sigma as well, there is only one registry branch for any instance of d2 per user.
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Well, yes it does, because I can Delete those registry keys and do the changes in the preferences file and there will be change in the sound.

e.g. automap fade option from preferences doesn't have anything with registry key at all. I can delete all keys and values from preferences file will work just fine - just tested with few options and they weren't added to registry at all, where if you start cLoD those registry keys would be created again with the settings you choose in the game, you can also change registry values for e.g. contrast/gamma/perspective and that will not affect mxl sigma at all.

Anyway, if what you say is true then diablo 2 have some issue, and is playing the exactly the same sound with different "volume levels"...

EDIT: at the end I have no idea, checked the recordings and it is not the same for the same settings, no matter is it cLoD or some mode or mxl - "volume levels are just different", checked other sound resources and they are the same, but as I said, I'm just curious, and it would be hard to notice some changes when even some really bad sound sounds great on great speakers.

Thanks anyway. :P
Edited by Texalic 3 years.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
How big is the reanimate chance self synergy from Talon's Hold? I spent 2 points on it, and the reanimate chance is still only 2% (the base reanimate chance)
Is it a bug of the mechanic or a bug of the displayed values?