Discuss Median XL!
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Depends what build you play and how you play it. I've done labs 8 with 220 fire res on holy caster wearing the set. It's slow going, but I don't know if other people do it any faster. The key thing is not to get hit by multiple fireballs at once. I can see that playing a melee build (or even a build without a turret and summons) would be a different challenge.

The problem with this game is that there's so much stuff that's either not documented or hard to find.
real_ist
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
I saw some kind of item drop highlight on various Screenshots and streams, can anyone link me that tool?
Marrt
Djinn
510 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Captcha wrote:Depends what build you play and how you play it. I've done labs 8 with 220 fire res on holy caster wearing the set. It's slow going, but I don't know if other people do it any faster. The key thing is not to get hit by multiple fireballs at once. I can see that playing a melee build (or even a build without a turret and summons) would be a different challenge.

The problem with this game is that there's so much stuff that's either not documented or hard to find.

The 100 res penalty is for T9+. No wonder you can do T8 fine with that low resistance. In T9 you would effectively have 50 resistance instead of 90.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Marrt wrote:
Captcha wrote:Depends what build you play and how you play it. I've done labs 8 with 220 fire res on holy caster wearing the set. It's slow going, but I don't know if other people do it any faster. The key thing is not to get hit by multiple fireballs at once. I can see that playing a melee build (or even a build without a turret and summons) would be a different challenge.

The 100 res penalty is for T9+. No wonder you can do T8 fine with that low resistance. In T9 you would effectively have 50 resistance instead of 90.

I understand that, since it says so in the orange text I quoted. But I assumed that the penalty doesn't leap from 0 at level 8 to 100 at level 9. However...

I don't know, because, as I say, it doesn't seem to be documented anywhere. Even asking on discord doesn't help because the mods are all playing other games and not answering questions.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
real_ist wrote:I saw some kind of item drop highlight on various Screenshots and streams, can anyone link me that tool?

https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=342
Marrt
Djinn
510 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Captcha wrote:
Marrt wrote:

I understand that, since it says so in the orange text I quoted. But I assumed that the penalty doesn't leap from 0 at level 8 to 100 at level 9. However...

I don't know, because, as I say, it doesn't seem to be documented anywhere. Even asking on discord doesn't help because the mods are all playing other games and not answering questions.

the best place to ask is short question thread.. if you ask in #general people might not even see what you've asked
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Marrt wrote:
Captcha wrote:
Marrt wrote:

the best place to ask is short question thread.. if you ask in #general people might not even see what you've asked

Yes, that's why I'm here, in the short question thread - when I got here, someone had already just asked, hence the conv above. :)

Mind you, questions can "disappear" here as well, depending on how many questions are being asked around the same time. If this doesn't work then I'll try the main forum.
Llewllyn
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Why can't I apply the Bremmtown trophy? I have upgraded it. The documentation seems to imply you have to kill the boss within 30 seconds of entering?? Is that true?
Marrt
Djinn
510 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Llewllyn wrote:Why can't I apply the Bremmtown trophy? I have upgraded it. The documentation seems to imply you have to kill the boss within 30 seconds of entering?? Is that true?

After you enter, you have 30 seconds to kill the dragon and cube the charm with the trophy. If it doesn't work, you're not fast enough.
Nevermore
Stygian Watcher
42 | 1
SP question. If i have a char and new patch arrived. I know skills etc. will change automatically but what about change in items. My old items will change automatically or i will have to cube them for new stats ?