Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Mythkiller
Prowler
16 | 1
So, about cycles.

I assume usually you'd farm for one of the +1 to your class cycles at the minimum and then add on w/e other cycles you want? Do people typically focus on a single stat? Like a pure MF cycle for farming? Am assuming here that the golden cycle is obscenely rare and should not be planned around but the regular +1 cycles arent too bad?

Also, is it reasonable to ssf a pure MF cycle (as an example), using just larges for optimal numbers? or do you kinda just use what drops in terms of small/medium MF ones (which look like they'd be sub optimal in comparison for the MF/req level you gain)

Thanks!
IronMan
Lava Lord
91 | 9
Mythkiller wrote:So, about cycles.

I assume usually you'd farm for one of the +1 to your class cycles at the minimum and then add on w/e other cycles you want? Do people typically focus on a single stat? Like a pure MF cycle for farming? Am assuming here that the golden cycle is obscenely rare and should not be planned around but the regular +1 cycles arent too bad?

Also, is it reasonable to ssf a pure MF cycle (as an example), using just larges for optimal numbers? or do you kinda just use what drops in terms of small/medium MF ones (which look like they'd be sub optimal in comparison for the MF/req level you gain)

Thanks!

1) Skill cycles are not used super often, at least they didn't use to be. Got a slight buff recently. towards end game content, survivability becomes a big limiting factor so Max Life/Mana cycles are one of the more frequently used ones from what i have seen. skill cycles are sometimes used by builds that profit most highly from skill levels, mostly casters.

i believe people mostly start of the season putting just w/e they find and dont want to sell on their wormhole, like some combat speed cycles to hit break points or small / medium cycles of the most desired stat. and then later on they make a new wormhole, this time with most of their end game gear aquired and a good feel for what they need. that later wormhole has only high quality (e.g. only large) cycles on it.

gold is very rare though also can be found in lootboxes aka corrupted treasures.

you can make yourself an ssf mf (with only large or mixed cycles) wormhole but its gonna be a good amount of time spend farming cycles just in preperation to then farm gear afterwards.
alternatively you can do labs and upgrade the dimensional key charm from there for 50+ MF and MO MF on your gear and you will already hit a high enough amount of MF to get most of the benefits. up to you, though i personally think just farming for gear is more fun than farming for cycles.
villur
Rust Claw
86 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
How does EWD and str/dex damage bonus from weapon work together? are they additive or multiplicative? Does EWD still have a cap of 1000%?
Mythkiller
Prowler
16 | 1
IronMan wrote:1) Skill cycles are not used super often, at least they didn't use to be. Got a slight buff recently. towards end game content, survivability becomes a big limiting factor so Max Life/Mana cycles are one of the more frequently used ones from what i have seen. skill cycles are sometimes used by builds that profit most highly from skill levels, mostly casters.

i believe people mostly start of the season putting just w/e they find and dont want to sell on their wormhole, like some combat speed cycles to hit break points or small / medium cycles of the most desired stat. and then later on they make a new wormhole, this time with most of their end game gear aquired and a good feel for what they need. that later wormhole has only high quality (e.g. only large) cycles on it.

gold is very rare though also can be found in lootboxes aka corrupted treasures.

you can make yourself an ssf mf (with only large or mixed cycles) wormhole but its gonna be a good amount of time spend farming cycles just in preperation to then farm gear afterwards.
alternatively you can do labs and upgrade the dimensional key charm from there for 50+ MF and MO MF on your gear and you will already hit a high enough amount of MF to get most of the benefits. up to you, though i personally think just farming for gear is more fun than farming for cycles.

Thanks for that detail!

Am a summoner build so none of the cycles are really relevant. So i guess its between MF and vit/life stacking. I am already at 350% MF with MO'd MF on every slot plus a bunch of ist runes but I have no idea if thats high, low or normal? Figured more MF here would mean replacing Ist runes with some summon runes for more damage but I guess survivability might be an issue in the higher ubers. Currently just duncraig farming, havent attempted any of the V.Hard+ rift/dungeons. But wont bother min-maxing anything here then. Make a starter corrupted cycle with w/e vit/life/mf cycles that drop then worry about a better one later i guess?
Torrasque
Abomination
150 | 4
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
edit: nvm i goofed xD
vvedjat
Destroyer
6 | 0
Good time of a day, forum :-D
Studied Affixes page and tried to find what properties can appear on Spears, so looked for 'weapon' and 'spear' searches
If I read table correctly, '-% to Enemy Poison Resistance' cannot appear on regular weapons, regolar and Amazon spears, only on elemental weapons and Paladin spears, right? :wall:
Correct me, please, if I made a mistake
Just looks strange, seems like Amazon cannot craft Spear for its specializaton... :-?
69latrick
Gravedigger
191 | 0
Done ty Sir Siosilvar
IronMan
Lava Lord
91 | 9
Mythkiller wrote:
IronMan wrote:Thanks for that detail!

Am a summoner build so none of the cycles are really relevant. So i guess its between MF and vit/life stacking. I am already at 350% MF with MO'd MF on every slot plus a bunch of ist runes but I have no idea if thats high, low or normal? Figured more MF here would mean replacing Ist runes with some summon runes for more damage but I guess survivability might be an issue in the higher ubers. Currently just duncraig farming, havent attempted any of the V.Hard+ rift/dungeons. But wont bother min-maxing anything here then. Make a starter corrupted cycle with w/e vit/life/mf cycles that drop then worry about a better one later i guess?

I think 200-300 MF is where diminishing returns start kicking in and while / more is still better / it's only worth it if it costs you no kill speed. Summoners are one of the ones where skill cycles make most sense, though more life is also always good. Prob just look at top necros (im assuming you're a necro cause most common summoner) on ladder and see what they use on their wormholes. Might take a bit longer for them to bother making a "real" wormhole, but one of them is bound to have made his already.
DOOMEX
Abomination
145 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
what us drop rate of tenet designs in scos ? i see there is 26 % increase in last patch but......more then 20 full runs give me only 1
IronMan
Lava Lord
91 | 9
Ok, does anyone have some tips for dealing with Barbarian Lab Boss on T8+. Just got oneshot, again, with 90 All res + 50 PR and 16k HP. Maybe there was some lag or something and it wasnt a real oneshot but on my end it looked like 100% HP -> Iceburst -> Dead .

He has prob killed me more often than Phoboss at equal lab levels and I am starting to wonder if I am missing something? Maybe there is some method you are supposed to discover that allows you to deal with him that i have not found, like tanking him against a wall or standing still at certain times or something similar. Maybe having high armor helps?

I do remember him being noticably easier on single player, so maybe its just that with ping I am unable to avoid the Barb getting a hit in after porting on me, but that sounds rather unfixable.

Any help geratly appreciated