Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
metasequoia wrote:
Immortal2563 wrote:
Jampula wrote:
Immortal2563 wrote:2. What is the difference between Oil of Luck available in the store and what can be found outside the store? I tested several dozen of the same amulets and no matter which oil I use, the same amulets get +1 skill and the others do not.

3. After killing The Countess, an immortal witch appears on Black Marsh Tower. What is it for? She can kill me when i am close to her.

2. You mean the Greater Oil of Luck? Only difference is that the Greater has higher change to succeed. Duping amulet and luckying them will always have the same result, because the "luck change" is created when an item drops or is crafted.

3. Maybe a Startled Witch? Place used to be full of them, haven't done Countess in ages so idk.
Only that the items have a written chance not in %, but in yes or no. I tried on 30 Angel of Death amulets. No matter how many tests I perform on the same amulets, only those that received the first attempt get +1 skill. The next attempt is the same. only gets what they got in the first series. So I don't understand why there are two oils if the item has a 100% chance or 0%.

in-game right click on oil for item description, it is pretty well explained, at least in the english version.
On items, you either have a 100% chance of getting +1 skill or your chance is zero, so what does it matter whether the oil has a 20% chance or a 40% chance?
Pisunchic
Stygian Watcher
42 | 0
Immortal2563 wrote:
metasequoia wrote:
Immortal2563 wrote:
Jampula wrote:
Immortal2563 wrote:2. What is the difference between Oil of Luck available in the store and what can be found outside the store? I tested several dozen of the same amulets and no matter which oil I use, the same amulets get +1 skill and the others do not.

3. After killing The Countess, an immortal witch appears on Black Marsh Tower. What is it for? She can kill me when i am close to her.

2. You mean the Greater Oil of Luck? Only difference is that the Greater has higher change to succeed. Duping amulet and luckying them will always have the same result, because the "luck change" is created when an item drops or is crafted.

3. Maybe a Startled Witch? Place used to be full of them, haven't done Countess in ages so idk.
Only that the items have a written chance not in %, but in yes or no. I tried on 30 Angel of Death amulets. No matter how many tests I perform on the same amulets, only those that received the first attempt get +1 skill. The next attempt is the same. only gets what they got in the first series. So I don't understand why there are two oils if the item has a 100% chance or 0%.

in-game right click on oil for item description, it is pretty well explained, at least in the english version.
On items, you either have a 100% chance of getting +1 skill or your chance is zero, so what does it matter whether the oil has a 20% chance or a 40% chance?

oil of greater luck gives more stats if it possible (on armor, weapon) on amulet just same 1 skill
metasequoia
Cog
206 | 19
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Immortal2563 wrote:
metasequoia wrote:
Immortal2563 wrote:
Jampula wrote:

the Oil of Luck (basic) has a 20% chance and the Oil of greater Luck has a 40% chance to add different modifiers, those are fixed and set by item type (armor, weapon, amulet etc..). Example:
Oil of Luck: out of 5 lucky upgraded quivers, 1 will have the +5% all attributes affix, statistically speaking.
Oil of greater Luck: out of 5 lucky upgraded quivers, 2 will have the +5% all attributes affix, statistically speaking.
for practicality: you will always want to use the oil of greater luck on items that are important or rare to you, because it increases your chances of successfully adding the affix you want.
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
Just as I thought. In the case of jewelry, it does not matter at all. Thanks for your help guys.
BearBearderBarb
Pit Knight
119 | 8
What are you smoking? It does matter for jewelry.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1224 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
if you can't figure out that the seed is set on a specific item when it's dropped and duping shit isn't testing, nobody can help you
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1224 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Pisunchic wrote:As necromancer if i choose rathma chosen skill to go with summons, does deadly strike works with abyssal knights, if it does their damage will be doubled at each 1/4 attack

no
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
Siosilvar wrote:if you can't figure out that the seed is set on a specific item when it's dropped and duping shit isn't testing, nobody can help you

Nobody is talking about cheating or duplicating items. Angel of Death can be found in larger quantities in t10 without any problems. I was just curious.

Succubus in t10 had an invisible curse/debuff that required an additional 30% fire resists. A total of 280% if you want to get 90%. Succubus are gone. Do these new monsters that replaced the succubus also have this curse/debuff when using cold/lightning spells?
Nheleo
Lava Lord
97 | 12
How to cal speed FPA of Superbeast with another class weapons instead of Pal, thanks!
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Nheleo wrote:How to cal speed FPA of Superbeast with another class weapons instead of Pal, thanks!

What do you mean?. Currently Superbeast have all weapons available. If you want non-pal class weapon - just check base items and pick any weapon with same speed modifier that you using. For example: barb-only Labrys have WSM 25 (and it's the only weapon with such WSM) pick closest to it - these are Maul (24) and Great Maul (28) So your breakpoints will be abit higher IAS needed than superbeast with Maul or reasonably lower than superbeast with Great Maul.. Then only way is visual testing.