Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
juniperleafes
Sasquatch
62 | 1
Catalyst of Learning disappeared from my inventory, I didn't drop it I was just clicking around in my inventory and then it was gone, now it's not dropping from Summoner in Nightmare or Cain. How to get another one?
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
juniperleafes wrote:Catalyst of Learning disappeared from my inventory, I didn't drop it I was just clicking around in my inventory and then it was gone, now it's not dropping from Summoner in Nightmare or Cain. How to get another one?

Larzuk in a5 selling all the quest catalysts
Taem
Necrobot
2476 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Siosilvar wrote:
metasequoia wrote:is overstacking summon resists a) possible and b) helpful for labs 9 and 10? (asking for a dumb bear :D)

no. 75 is 75

Pretty sure he's asking in regards to debuffs/curses that lower the minion resists, and its a decent question. Will overstacking their resists counter -resist curses?
metasequoia
Cog
206 | 19
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Taem wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:
metasequoia wrote:is overstacking summon resists a) possible and b) helpful for labs 9 and 10? (asking for a dumb bear :D)

no. 75 is 75

Pretty sure he's asking in regards to debuffs/curses that lower the minion resists, and its a decent question. Will overstacking their resists counter -resist curses?

yes that's true, i was wondering if the minions get affected by 1) the additional pierce in t9 and t10 labs and 2) the res curse, cause i noticed my bear starts to die rapidly from t9 onwards and that feels far more than the additional damage from enemies should accomplish (t8 does not do anything with his survivability for example, and thats a huge elemental dmg increase). playing with an IED bow build, so not overstacked minion res for dmg, and frequently playing together with a psi-sin, hence -elemental res curse. i've seen some summonmancers on notarmory with crazy minion res settings like way over 150% and was wondering if that does anything.

i mean, i guess its fine that i have to recast the bear in a t10 lab pretty much on cooldown, but i would like to understand how it works.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
metasequoia wrote:
Taem wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:

no. 75 is 75

yes that's true, i was wondering if the minions get affected by 1) the additional pierce in t9 and t10 labs and 2) the res curse, cause i noticed my bear starts to die rapidly from t9 onwards and that feels far more than the additional damage from enemies should accomplish (t8 does not do anything with his survivability for example, and thats a huge elemental dmg increase). playing with an IED bow build, so not overstacked minion res for dmg, and frequently playing together with a psi-sin, hence -elemental res curse. i've seen some summonmancers on notarmory with crazy minion res settings like way over 150% and was wondering if that does anything.

i mean, i guess its fine that i have to recast the bear in a t10 lab pretty much on cooldown, but i would like to understand how it works.

Overstacking minion res does nothing nor for curses and additional pierce. That's the reason why you will never ever see summoner doing labs 9-10
Taem
Necrobot
2476 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Scalewinged wrote:
metasequoia wrote:
Taem wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:

no. 75 is 75

Overstacking minion res does nothing nor for curses and additional pierce. That's the reason why you will never ever see summoner doing labs 9-10

v3.0?
HeaT_
Rust Claw
83 | 5
are the odds of classes for relics evenly distributed? i'm assuming it is, but i'm asking because i've had i think 14 relics drop but none have been for my class (necro). just wondering if this is bad rng, etc.

thanks!
suchbalance
Team Member
1758 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
HeaT_ wrote:are the odds of classes for relics evenly distributed? i'm assuming it is, but i'm asking because i've had i think 14 relics drop but none have been for my class (necro). just wondering if this is bad rng, etc.

thanks!

All classes have equal chance.
Pisunchic
Stygian Watcher
42 | 0
suchbalance wrote:
HeaT_ wrote:are the odds of classes for relics evenly distributed? i'm assuming it is, but i'm asking because i've had i think 14 relics drop but none have been for my class (necro). just wondering if this is bad rng, etc.

thanks!

i think that majority will agree that this is madness. Class relics absolutly useless, what chances of good relic drop, i can assume that its none
metasequoia
Cog
206 | 19
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Pisunchic wrote:
suchbalance wrote:

thanks!

i think that majority will agree that this is madness. Class relics absolutly useless, what chances of good relic drop, i can assume that its none

i think that majority will agree that this is rng. while getting class restricted, relics also got buffed and some otherwise ridiculously overpowered relics were introduced. this is probably only a one off season to have some fun with relics and rng does not like fun sometimes, true. i find all the poison relics for barbs for example... never play barbs though. too bad.