Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
WARBANDIT30
Sasquatch
66 | 0
hey guys is the new valkyries prime worth keeping ??
LukeBBA
Destroyer
7 | 0
Hey all, question, Does MF work on summons? like if I have high mf on necro and my summons kill targets does that work?
Tigetmp
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Cheno wrote:
Tigetmp wrote:Sorry if I missed this being posted somewhere else, but I'm a little unsure of all the things that affect Rainbow Storm's damage.

Is is listed as doing mage damage, does that mean only magic resistance pierce (and not elemental pierce) boosts its damage?

Since it's tagged as a spell, does spell focus increase its damage?

Does energy not boost its damage, given there's no mention of energy providing a bonus?

Also, while it clearly mentions light, cold, and fire spell damage increasing (and poison decreasing) its damage, does magic and physical spell damage increase its damage as well? Meaning a plus 5% to spell damage would give a 15% bonus (plus 5 from cold, light, fire, and phys/mag; and minus 5 from poison)?

Thanks for any and all clarification!

Only fire, light, cold spell damage and +all skills does anything.

Poison spell damage subtracts from the tri-elemental spell damage, mag/phys spell damage does nothing, same case with spell focus and energy. Fire/cold/light pierce is useless since it deals magic damage and magic pierce is very rare.

A spell damage source of 10% should in theory result in the following: 30% total damage (fire+light+cold) but poison is part of spell damage too, which subtracts from the %, so the result is 20% synergy for Gaystorm.

Thanks for the info!
Shovelspoon
Pit Knight
106 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
LukeBBA wrote:Hey all, question, Does MF work on summons? like if I have high mf on necro and my summons kill targets does that work?

Yes
huangyunshy
Onyx Knight
615 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
The Void: Sometimes I don’t see ice bombs. What's the matter? Problems with version 1.7
Do you have such a situation?
arcology
Cog
211 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Johnny Impak wrote:Trap pierce can go up to 160% (135 skill + 25 Implement VII.) Since the Hellfire Aura is affecting the mob and not your skills, it should reduce enemy resistances furthermore by having the 160 pierce substracted from a lower base.

Anyone tested/ think I'm wrong with this ?

Hellfire Aura affects friendlies, it gives your character pierce, it doesn't affect enemies. Thus I don't think it helps traps.
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
Hy, just a little question. I found recently (single player and offline) à Segnitia Field Plate and a Headsman Hand Axe in duncraig. Which build is good for. These two items? Rend Bear or Holy Melee Paladin? Any suggestions? Thx
Shandwhich
Prowler
18 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
What is the damage on Flamefront supposed to look like with decent to endgame gear?
jasiunas
Cultist
24 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Which of the Necromancer builds are the best farmers? I've tried Totem skill tree and I rock single target, but i'd like some guidance on what to respec to focus solely on area kill speed.
Memo333
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
can some1 plz explain me how the shrines work? HAVE NO IDEA!