Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
not from what i know . beside the fact that it deals 1/4 WD and that it gets increased duration / level , there's not much info about it .

i've played a holy melee build arround it and also an attempt for a melee neutraldin a few years ago , but they never made it too far without heavy twinking .
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
How's Holy Melee Paladin this patch?

Never played it and thought about messing around with it if I ever got some free time. Not looking to be spoiled with skillplans and gear choices. Just curious what I'd be in for.
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Solfege wrote:How's Holy Melee Paladin this patch?

Never played it and thought about messing around with it if I ever got some free time. Not looking to be spoiled with skillplans and gear choices. Just curious what I'd be in for.

I've started one and I really love the new Divine Judgement skill. Dragon Tree is a pain in the ass, though, so I'm trying to really avoid it when I can...which might be gimping me severely.

Essentially just Colosseum + Left Click To Win, also the boosted Plague damage is super helpful. I'm doing the Shadow Influence tree too just because of Demiurge, (the lack of Hopelites hasn't got my goat yet) since I'm curious whether or not the 10% to all attribute boost from Dragonknight also boosts Demiurge's huge attribute bonuses

Still in Hatred though so take it with a grain of salt
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Dude Love wrote:

I've started one and I really love the new Divine Judgement skill. Dragon Tree is a pain in the ass, though, so I'm trying to really avoid it when I can...which might be gimping me severely.

Essentially just Colosseum + Left Click To Win, also the boosted Plague damage is super helpful. I'm doing the Shadow Influence tree too just because of Demiurge, (the lack of Hopelites hasn't got my goat yet) since I'm curious whether or not the 10% to all attribute boost from Dragonknight also boosts Demiurge's huge attribute bonuses

Since you're using Colosseum and avoiding the Dragon Tree (which I assume means you're not using Retaliate), have you had much trouble dealing with crowded areas yet?
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Solfege wrote:
Dude Love wrote:

Since you're using Colosseum and avoiding the Dragon Tree (which I assume means you're not using Retaliate), have you had much trouble dealing with crowded areas yet?

Retaliate was my fall back if I had to get a large area softened up a bit, but since Colosseum has a fantastic AoE and carries Plague's damage, it's use is completely gone to me. Putting points into Colosseum can knock it's cooldown to 3 seconds, so crowds have not been a problem. VoJ (which has bonus damage instead of bonus targets bc of the Holy tree) and Colosseum seem to be doing the job just fine.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Dude Love wrote:Retaliate was my fall back if I had to get a large area softened up a bit, but since Colosseum has a fantastic AoE and carries Plague's damage, it's use is completely gone to me. Putting points into Colosseum can knock it's cooldown to 3 seconds, so crowds have not been a problem. VoJ (which has bonus damage instead of bonus targets bc of the Holy tree) and Colosseum seem to be doing the job just fine.

Oh right, VoJ. You said you went Shadow Influence. My bad. :)

I thought I read a lot of people complaining about Colosseum in the last patch, but I don't remember exactly what they were unhappy with. Did whatever people hated about it get fixed?
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Solfege wrote:
Dude Love wrote:Retaliate was my fall back if I had to get a large area softened up a bit, but since Colosseum has a fantastic AoE and carries Plague's damage, it's use is completely gone to me. Putting points into Colosseum can knock it's cooldown to 3 seconds, so crowds have not been a problem. VoJ (which has bonus damage instead of bonus targets bc of the Holy tree) and Colosseum seem to be doing the job just fine.

Oh right, VoJ. You said you went Shadow Influence. My bad. :)

I thought I read a lot of people complaining about Colosseum in the last patch, but I don't remember exactly what they were unhappy with. Did whatever people hated about it get fixed?

IIRC it was useless because of the megahuge cooldown, and now that that's way cut down it's a nice little skill
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
And I think it was bugged at some point as it appeared FROM where you teleported, not TO where you tp'd.

Hybrid melee/dragon is fun and surprisingly powerful if you can handle skill-switching and are bored as fuck of the unholy tree. Frozen Breath makes Hatred/Terror a joke and Solar Flare + VoR/VoJ combo does nicely against bosses.
And pro-tip: Dragon Wyrms dmg got seriously boosted and can shoot around the corners without you having to be in line of sight with the mobs. ;)
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Jampula wrote:And I think it was bugged at some point as it appeared FROM where you teleported, not TO where you tp'd.

Hybrid melee/dragon is fun and surprisingly powerful if you can handle skill-switching and are bored as fuck of the unholy tree. Frozen Breath makes Hatred/Terror a joke and Solar Flare + VoR/VoJ combo does nicely against bosses.
And pro-tip: Dragon Wyrms dmg got seriously boosted and can shoot around the corners without you having to be in line of sight with the mobs. ;)

Ohh gosh I think I remember that!

Legit short question: DOES Demiurge and Dragonknight work together? Like if I got +100 from Demiurge would Dragonknight at level one effectively make Demiurge give me +110?
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Dude Love wrote:Legit short question: DOES Demiurge and Dragonknight work together? Like if I got +100 from Demiurge would Dragonknight at level one effectively make Demiurge give me +110?

Yes they do. And Dragonknights attribute bonus raises with soft points.