Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
In clod whirlwind did hit multiple times based on ias. Shouldn't be too hard to test actually.
suchbalance
Team Member
1758 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
It deals a hit to a randomly selected target within range every X frames, where X depends on the IAS socketed in your weapon only (kinda like wolf).

And how to work out how much IAS you need on the weapon for max fpa? I don't believe the animations have changed since vanilla so using those breakpoints should be good, otherwise it's going to need another spreadsheet (like wolf).
tmurphy821
Fallen
1 | 0
How do you get into the unformed land? All the docs say is Act 5 Harrogath
Chameleos
Imp
4 | 0
suchbalance wrote:
Chameleos wrote:How would I proceed if I want to play the original LoD again, after using the median 2017 installer? I really can't figure it out.

Uninstall Diablo 2. Then reinstall from the Blizzard installers. Then to change servers back to battle.net:

- either use this registry file http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/misc/BattleNet.zip

- or if the above for some reason doesn't work: download the battle.net gateway editor here and then use the following info to add the gateways
► Show Spoiler

So I've done a regular D2 LOD install from my disks, but the game is partly off screen and battle.net doesn't recognize my game version after using that registry file.

Also both my antivirus and firefox mark that site as dangerous. Do you have another link?

Edit: The same issue happens with an install from the blizzard installers, I haven't uninstalled the folder with median yet.

Playing in 800x600 will make 1/6th of the game off screen to the left, leaving a black bar in the right. Playing in the smaller resolution fixes it, but I'm not sure what else I can do.
Edited by Chameleos 6 years.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
tmurphy821 wrote:How do you get into the unformed land? All the docs say is Act 5 Harrogath

Unformed Land entrance. Pls next time use the search bar in the forum.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
When you use pestilence oskill as a paladin and then weapon switch, which weapons will effect the spell dmg% and enemy pierce of it? the weapon with the oskill or the weapon on switch?
New_Fag
Acid Prince
47 | 1
edit: lol it seems the guy above me has a related question, I had written this before even reading his.

My question is about duration spells and buffs

I found this abjurer barb video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kItBdtRf-A

When spells like Path of Flames or Hive is casted prior to receiving bonuses from buffs like MOTW/Elemental Totem/Protector Summons, can the damage from Hive/PoF be augmented after casting buffs or should PoF/Hive only be casted once these buffs are applied?

I'm asking the question above because duration buffs like MOTW, a weaker version of MOTW, once casted, is not replaced by casting a stronger version of MOTW when switching to gear like SSU chain boots / SU gnarled staff etc.

I'm wondering if this applies to duration spells too and if casting PoF/Hive with buffs up will not override unbuffed PoF/Hive. I wasn't sure how to check it like it was easily checked with MOTW.
richhman
Vampiress
39 | 0
Good stormblast barb guide available? the couple I've found are quite outdated.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
@void and New_Fag
All those skills create missiles all the time (it's like you are casting them), so any gear/buffs you have on during the missile creation is taken into account.
Potatoes
Invader
9 | 1
I've heard that totem nerc can do almost every late ubers with crossbow. How can we do that and do you need to respect?