Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
GW_24
Cultist
24 | 0
Hey all - working my way through this mod with a wildfire based bear druid and have a couple questions

1. Does wildfire count as a melee attack or does it technically work as ranged?
2. Will things like life and mana leech work with wildfire?
3. Do I gain anything by increasing weapon ED, etc. or should I focus exclusively on fire spell dmg % and -%enemy fire res?
4. Does any merc stand out? Currently still using an A1 ranger but that's matter of convenience.

Thanks!
riggedroll
Dark Huntress
14 | 2
1.i dont know since i havent used the skill
2. no leech work beside your melee hit if there is 1
3. spell dmg and -res
4. A1 is crazy good at farming after the buff this patch
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
1. It's melee attack that activates actual "wildfire" spell (like lemures/blood thorns on UHM)
2. Leech will work, but only on single target that you hit so it's not worth, life/mana on attack/after kill is the way.
4. I don't think a1 merc can be useful to anything without frequent teleport (summoners mostly) due to their limited attack range (also both their buffs are WDM-based and pointless for chars relying on spells). I would try barb (screaming eagle) or bloodmage (firedance/gift of inner fire) for more offence or necrolyte (miasma/forceblast) for more defence depends on what such bear need..
Tho i never tried him before and guess it's even more of a meme-build now with changing laek->life leech on Circle of life passive.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Scalewinged wrote:2. Leech will work, but only on single target that you hit so it's not worth, life/mana on attack/after kill is the way.

To clarify, "leech" will not work with the fire portion of the skill. The initial enemy that your weapon strikes against will count, but that is a teeny tiny fraction of your damage and thus not worth it (Leech scales with damage). But since you are still technically performing a melee attack, Life on Attack will work.
DiabloDwarf
Rust Claw
86 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Can you use an item quality cube recipe to turn a magical item into a gray socketed item?
Diaco
Void Archon
885 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
DiabloDwarf wrote:Can you use an item quality cube recipe to turn a magical item into a gray socketed item?

Any item + oil of renewal = same item but either grey or white
DiabloDwarf
Rust Claw
86 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Diaco wrote:
DiabloDwarf wrote:Can you use an item quality cube recipe to turn a magical item into a gray socketed item?

I need turn an item from blue to gray with sockets.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
DiabloDwarf wrote:
Diaco wrote:

I need turn an item from blue to gray with sockets.

Any item mean you can use any color: white, grey, blue, yellow, green, orange, gold... nothing matter here.
revolut1oN
Lava Lord
94 | 2
He means that he wants sockets. You were unlucky my dude, keep trying - the receipe may give u anything from 0 sockets to max sockets depending on roll.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Then there's recipe that add sockets to 0-socket items.
Non-socketed item + jewel x[1-6] → returns item with [1-6] sockets