Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Sexen
Invader
9 | 1
Im using plugy but not d2se. Im having issues saving it crashes. I have been successful in loading the gamr with glide and plugy but the autosave function and /save give me an unhandled exception error. With plugy disabled the autosave does not crash me so im positive its something in plugy im missing. I have changed the dll to load to MXL.dll as stated in the change log and have even tried to set ActiveSavePathChange=1 and tried the default and exact address to my diablo save folder. I havent done this in about a year and its on a fresh imstall on a new pc. Any help regarding this issue would be much appreciated as im anxious to try thr new version with the saved stash function. Starting from scratch it would be nice to start working on building a new stash from scratch asap. Windows 8 legit cdkeys blah blah none of that matters as i can get everything but the save feature to work.

Also hi everyone :P
Stahri
Cultist
22 | 3
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Porungda wrote:So far have only been able to make MXL2017 launch with PlugY 10.00 with the multi stash disabled. Every other case gives c00000005 error on character exit.

Tried using D2SE but I can't seem to make it locate MXL2017, have moved a copy of Median XL installed from launcher to "MODS/Median XL" yet nothing works.

Anyone got PlugY multistash to work yet in 2017?

I have created a guide that may be able to help you. Check it out. You will have to start from scratch.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4561
Tadace
Sasquatch
63 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Slow mecahnics, I am building around slow via snake stance + the void RW. I should be sitting at 75% slow with various weapon damage abilities. It doesn't seem to be working. I shouldn't be hitting the cap. Are they not additive? Do elites have reduced slow effectiveness? Seems I can slow a boss (i.e. mephisto) to a crawl but it's not very effective versus elites (i.e. cows).
peilis
Thunder Beetle
56 | 3
Goin to nihaltak, on the way who does the most damage? Im constantly getting 1 shot or like getting to 5% in instant. I have no idea who hits me. 440k def all res caped + (im melee)
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
peilis wrote:Goin to nihaltak, on the way who does the most damage? Im constantly getting 1 shot or like getting to 5% in instant. I have no idea who hits me. 440k def all res caped + (im melee)

If you turn orange your base defense (and thus your overall defense) drops dramatically, it's called rust curse and is casted by mobs that look like the ones that surround Shenk the Overseer.

Storm Shamans cast fairy ring on corpses causing massive damage. This is usually handled by a R.I.P recipe (see docs).

Storm Shamans also spam lightning wall which can cause severe damage unless you have stacked +max light res.

If you kill the flying witches you get hit by lower res which combined with various elemental damage attacks in the area can kill you very fast unless you have stacked res.

Razor Fur Titans have thorns aura that reflects melee damage.

You can skip titans, you can negate storm shamans, you can avoid killing witches or stack res, the one thing you really have keep an eye on is the rust curse.
Edited by cowking 6 years.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
probably the one that deal poison / charge. i dont remember the name or if they still exist there.
hodg
Destroyer
6 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Is necro skill death shards affected by ias or fcr?

Will a projectile class skill always use ias?
kaz87
Destroyer
7 | 0
Does anyone know if there is any level requirment for the level 2 challenge? I can see that it used to be 90 but cannot find any information on it that is somewhat updated. I'm 86 with my Necro and a bit stuck, don't want ot keep trying challenges at the moment but afraid to overlevel and miss my skill point.

EDIT: And to add, I just realized Ennead gives a skill too but I'm 86. I'm fucked then no? Reroll or just no skill? I completed the Ennead at like level 75 or so but didn't know to cube. GG :(
Edited by kaz87 6 years.
zginc
Imp
4 | 0
The last time I played this mod, while I didn't get far in the game, I remember a few things:

1. That level 5 challenge to get the gem and allow you to do other challenges. I cannot find it anywhere. Has it been removed?

2. Is there another way to respec skills/stats other than Den of Evil/Akara? Would be nice to test different skills.

I am level 33 (Act 3) and wonder if I have missed anything else essential. Thus far I've only completed vanilla quests.

EDIT: Also I am playing a Necro and whenever I summon a Vile King and it dies, it becomes some super monster that is impossible to kill. It kills me in 1 hit. Is this intended?
KalodecoiaTV
Invader
8 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
zginc wrote:The last time I played this mod, while I didn't get far in the game, I remember a few things:

1. That level 5 challenge to get the gem and allow you to do other challenges. I cannot find it anywhere. Has it been removed?

2. Is there another way to respec skills/stats other than Den of Evil/Akara? Would be nice to test different skills.

I am level 33 (Act 3) and wonder if I have missed anything else essential. Thus far I've only completed vanilla quests.

1. That was LC0 and yes it was removed.

2. Yes, the Belladonna Elixir, previously you could craft it but now it only drops from lvl 85+ enemies (as early as Act 1 Terror). Other than that you get your 3 free respecs from Akara.

You haven't missed anything yet, but you're likely to be geared enough soon to do LC1. As a side note, Tran Athuala is now located in the Twin Seas and is south of the entrance. I went north the first time and was confused as to why I was being annihilated by a lvl 95 boss. xD

EDIT: On the vile king, is that not stated in the tooltip? If not that should probably be changed. I believe this is intended.

EDIT 2: may as well answer kaz's question too

kaz87 wrote:Does anyone know if there is any level requirment for the level 2 challenge? I can see that it used to be 90 but cannot find any information on it that is somewhat updated. I'm 86 with my Necro and a bit stuck, don't want ot keep trying challenges at the moment but afraid to overlevel and miss my skill point.

EDIT: And to add, I just realized Ennead gives a skill too but I'm 86. I'm fucked then no? Reroll or just no skill?

LC2 has a max level of 90, it is now the Death Projector on Terror. The Black Road challenge however has no level cap.

The Ennead challenge is indeed max level 80, but it doesn't rely on the red swirlies. I missed it also but I just muled my charm to a level 1 character and cubed the charm with any jewel and completed it like that.